[Q] Kids apps sold within a wide subscription
Question for kids apps developers...
I would really appreciate you opinion on this one.
We believe the app store model is not working well when it come to small kids
- No niche categorization ( within the “kids” world )
- Added value app are “buried” by tons of low value apps
- lot’s of sexual & violent apps on app stores
- Parents dislike the ongoing pressure to buy or unexpected purchases
- MOST importantly to this forum - Good kids apps are NOT rewarding to most app developers (pushed down by mega brands/monetizers)
We would like to offer our audience (close to 1 million kids) a premium subscription based service for parents and reward developers based on real usage (real minutes spent on their app) dividing the revenues among them. so instead of one time compensation, it would be spread over time.
What do you think???
Some more info on our website
BTW- I'm not posting this to sign you up, I'm sincerely looking for your feedback and your expectations from such a service.
Eldad from Kidoz