[Q]4.4.2 aosp roms bootloop

Search This thread

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
ok so as you all know ive been having this problem with my note 2 eversince i flashed a mk4 rom and updated prl firmware version i guess it updated my baseband and all sorts of things i flashed the odin wifi fix and it made mk4 wifi work and everything was glee.. well i wanted aosp 4.4.2 back because it was simply gorgious i guess i had a thing for it. well i went to flash it after wiping factory data reset and after it flashed i let it run for over 30 minuts and it never made it past the cyanogenmod boot screen so i assumed it was a bootloop or bad download. my answer to this is i believe its the baseband or prl version not letting me run this. because before i ran mk4 and did all the updates i could always revert back to 4.4.2 without a problem now all the sudden i cant even load any aosp 4.4 rom. i can load all of 4.2.2 4.1.2 all those aosp roms but not the newest rom which is frusterating. if anyone has a fix or a recamended solution please help me because i have done just about every factory reset availible such as billiards back to stock and some other one. both not helping.

below here is the data i have recorded from my phone

PRL 2011
Baseband L900VPAMC2

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
PRL and baseband should both be irrelevant. Your problem is most likely a corrupt download. Have you checked hash sums?

i have redowloaded roms 2x and still no luck i reset the phone back to stock 5 times and still no luck it still bootloops makes me wonna sell the phone and be done with samsung.i should of never did the 4.3 rom because it gave me nothing but problems. i downloaded another aosp rom to my internal sd to see if my sd card was currupt and it did the same Bootloop. i have no clue what it could be. ive used CMW and tWrp and both did the same

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
How many times you've downloaded is completely irrelevant. You've either verified the md5 hash and thereby confirmed your downloads are good or you have not. I presume you have yet to do so.

Before any other steps can be advised you have to do that 1st basic step.

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
The download is good
im not sure what to do about this stupid problem but its aggrivating me to no end. ive done just about everysingle thing there is to make this work but it fails

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
The download is good
im not sure what to do about this stupid problem but its aggrivating me to no end. ive done just about everysingle thing there is to make this work but it fails

One question...your baseband says MC2, did you unroot at any point following the MK4-upgrade (and wifi "fix") back to MC2? I have a theory, if you have not unrooted to MC2 firmware, and that is just because you didn't update radios...you might not like it...

The MK4 radio works fine IME with 4.4 ROMs FWIW.

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
i chose the oldest return to stock from billiards. i wanted to see if that fixes anything and it doesnt do squat. i just wonna figure out a resolution to this mess. my current baseband and prl and firmware version are

About device_______
Software version
L900VPALJC
Hardware version
L900.09
Baseband version
L900VPALJC
PRL IS STILL 2011
Device status custom

i did everysingle return to stock possible today and when i flash with either twrp philz recover cmw i still get bootloop. it doesnt load any further than the Samsung logo,

this leads me to belive that i have no clue

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
i chose the oldest return to stock from billiards. i wanted to see if that fixes anything and it doesnt do squat. i just wonna figure out a resolution to this mess. my current baseband and prl and firmware version are

About device_______
Software version
L900VPALJC
Hardware version
L900.09
Baseband version
L900VPALJC
PRL IS STILL 2011
Device status custom

i did everysingle return to stock possible today and when i flash with either twrp philz recover cmw i still get bootloop. it doesnt load any further than the Samsung logo,

this leads me to belive that i have no clue

Crap...you just shot down my working theory.

In flashing 4.4 builds, you're using complete wipes? What GApps package are you using? ParanoidAndroid 4.4 Apps?

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
im doing a complete wipe and flashing the rom first to see if it even boots. and no go.
This doesnt make sense at all and makes me revert back to the baseband theory. i think somthing with the version of my phone has somthing to do with it.
the wifi patch wasnt the problem the recovery isnt the problem the only think i can think of is my phone is corrupt and wont flash 4.4.2 roms which aggrivates me. i want to get to the bottum of this

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
literally any aosp 4.4.2 rom bootloops.
the only one that booted up fine was omni rom and it didnt even have mobile data or signal seemed like it was for att or a gsm company because it had no support for my phone.

if i could just get ahold of a 4.4.2 kernal such as carbons trinity kernal or pretty much any 4.4.2 flashable kernal i think i could fix it as it seems that might also be the case

Mephistonian

Nov 15, 2011
Everett
Did you try wiping your internal memory? I had a similar problem once, that was the solution.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
literally any aosp 4.4.2 rom bootloops.
the only one that booted up fine was omni rom and it didnt even have mobile data or signal seemed like it was for att or a gsm company because it had no support for my phone.

if i could just get ahold of a 4.4.2 kernal such as carbons trinity kernal or pretty much any 4.4.2 flashable kernal i think i could fix it as it seems that might also be the case

The 2.05b kernel of Plasma works fine with Omni. I've been using Omni builds for the last full month on my L900. Baseband is MK4 and PRL here is 2006.

No radios working sounds like you were using TWRP and not CWM or PhilZ recovery to a T. Maybe the latest TWRP has fixed its compatibility problems with 4.4+, but last I tried using TWRP to flash any 4,4 build-all it got me was no wifi/cell service. Be sure to use the recommended Paranoid Android GApps package for 4.4 with Omni.

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
Could you provide me with a link to the kernel that will work with cyanogen mod omni doesn't have data or mobile service
I have the philz

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
I don't flash any Google apps until i see that the rom is working which I've had no success. The weird thing with omni is that it doesn't even support sprint it only supports gsm

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Could you provide me with a link to the kernel that will work with cyanogen mod omni doesn't have data or mobile service
I have the philz

Plasma 2.05b0 can be found here, select the version appropriate to your device:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48991763&postcount=866&nocache=1&z=8858325940594172

I don't flash any Google apps until i see that the rom is working which I've had no success. The weird thing with omni is that it doesn't even support sprint it only supports gsm

Something has to be bizarre with your handset. Seriously, there's no other way to describe it. OmniROM for L900 is NOT GSM only, something in your flashing got altered in the middle of all your flashing. See my screencaps below if you don't believe me.

My only theory is that that "wifi fix" scrambled something in your radio for AOSP 4.4 ROMs....and that whatever it is isn't purged by a normal flash of a new/old baseband. It can't be the PRL as that is irrelevant and if you had a bad PRL it wouldn't work even under stock ROMs, and the baseband shouldn't matter but as you can see below I'm on baseband MK4 and I work fine.

Last edited:

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
let me revert back to stock one more time and do the 4.3 update and get the latest baseband version and ill report back to you after rooting and trying the omnirom or cm ok? i dont have a clue what the hell is going on as of now but its boggling my mind

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
OK so I'm on the latest baseband I flashed cm and no go kept sticking at the cm logo animation nothing else
I flash the kernel and it does the exact same. Fwi I'm using clockwork mod recovery

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
ok so i managed to get omni running without a problem the only issue is Root privilages. it doesnt have root. ive installes super su but it doesnt go into recovery and flash the binaries which doesnt make sense. ill try one more rom before i flash back to mk4 smoothest for a while. wish i could get this sorted out

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
ok so i managed to get omni running without a problem the only issue is Root privilages. it doesnt have root. ive installes super su but it doesnt go into recovery and flash the binaries which doesnt make sense. ill try one more rom before i flash back to mk4 smoothest for a while. wish i could get this sorted out

Just flash supersu installable zip from recovery

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
i dont have the flashable zip
didnt see anything on the omni post either.

my question is why did this rom run without a flaw but when cm or pa flashes it has issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRL and baseband should both be irrelevant. Your problem is most likely a corrupt download. Have you checked hash sums?