Can someone give me the link to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4??

Search This thread

wascapsfan

Account currently disabled
Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.3.1 and MK4 and want to root to 4.4 kit kat and load some new roms.
I have tried just wiping and flashing, but I get no data unless i'm on wifi.
Is there a step by step to get the update?? I also read about some knox crap also. Don't know what that is.
Please advise.......
Thanks in advance
Dave

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I'm running Dirty Unicorn 4.3.1 and MK4 and want to root to 4.4 kit kat and load some new roms.
Is there a step by step to get the update?? I also read about some knox crap also. Don't know what that is.
Please advise.......
Thanks in advance
Dave

Well if you read most of the 4.4 rom threads you will see you need to use cwm recovery or philz recovery. Since you are using twrp you wont get data to work without going through a few hoops.

Reactions: wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Well if you read most of the 4.4 rom threads you will see you need to use cwm recovery or philz recovery. Since you are using twrp you wont get data to work without going through a few hoops.

I did download rom manager and Philz. I just wasn't sure how to get them to override TWRP. Do I just flash Philz??
Thanks so much for chiming in. I've been rooted for several years, but this update flew right by me.
Keep talking......

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Yeah just flash it through ROM manager then reboot into recovery. If it is not philz recovery (although it should be) then you can just flash it in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wascapsfan

Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Yeah just flash it through ROM manager then reboot into recovery. If it is not philz recovery (although it should be) then you can just flash it in recovery.

I downloaded rom manager, but it doesn't seem to override TWRP. I also tried to flash Philz (which I preferred), but I could only try to flash it with TWRP, and of course, it failed.
Do I need to freeze TWRP in Titanium backup ???

flynhawn2002

Feb 24, 2012
Please re-download Philz and verify md5 then flash in twrp. After flashing in twrp reboot the recovery within twrp and boom! you have Philz!

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste

Dave2582

Apr 22, 2010
Boston, MA
I had twrp for a recovery. When I installed DU 4.4.2, I downloaded cwm 6.0.4.3 because I guess twrp and 4.4 roms don't play nice. I actually downloaded the cwm recovery, saved it on my external sd, and booted into twrp recovery, flashed the recovery file for cwm, and it rebooted. I boot back into recovery with cwm on board, and then downloaded whatever 4.4 roms and gapps package that was necessary. It works fine for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Each time I download Philz, I try to flash it, (through TWRP),but it fails.

Like you, I could not get TWRP to leave my device (no matter what I tried). Only thing that finally worked was this flasher utility to get CWM:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools

Granted I didn't try to Odin PhilZ or CWM but that was about the only thing left I hadn't tried.
    Please advise.......
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

Please re-download Philz and verify md5 then flash in twrp. After flashing in twrp reboot the recovery within twrp and boom! you have Philz!