Lose no Sony exclusive feature after unlocked bootloader on 4.4??

Search This thread

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware :good::good:
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
camera quality issue is still present

The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).

Reactions: KWOKSFUNG

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).

Oh holly crap :crying::crying:
thanks for the info bro
sony still dont let us own the phone totally in unlocked BL!!
Do u think there're someway to hack it and take it back??

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
currently there is no other ways than re locking, but the overall quality can be increased by different mods( which obviously will be more better with lb), like tweaking jpg compressions, video bitrate changes, etc.. but wait.. the kk is just a week old now, devs are still working on kk mods and tweaks. hopefully we can see something soon.:good:

Reactions: KWOKSFUNG

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware :good::good:
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4

The bionz still works... It is hardware :) maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl... :)

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged :)

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore :) gives you a set of opportunities though :)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
The bionz still works... It is hardware :) maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl... :)

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged :)

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore :) gives you a set of opportunities though :)

thx bro but i cant tolerate grains

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
thx bro but i cant tolerate grains

Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels :)

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels :)

I am thinking about unlock mainly becoz the recovery on stock rooted 4.4 is buggy (cannot mount system)

Dec 29, 2011
Manaus
Bug camera e and turn off smartphone Z1

hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.

how did u install kitkat??
NUT pre-rooted version or stock through PCC or flashtool??

snigglets

Jan 2, 2012
Yeah me too had the same problem of camera app hanging when i try to shoot and the other problem is overheating... Do u know if there is any fix for this..im on ub. 136 nuts...previously i installed nuts.681

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
bro there are a plenty of tutorials out there on how to install.. and the fr frameware seems to have some probs. go for a geniric global one. no probs at all. or else, try my installation procedure.

what i had is 136 in c6903 with locked bootloader , zxrecovery with root.

1) i downloaded generic global for 6903 and advanced kernel v2 by doomload, and deodex patch by nut, and striped ftf (which doesnot contains data partition,system partition, and cache, and it wont wipe anything,. it contains everything else, kernel, baseband ,TA, bootbundle, bla..bla..bla)
2) now installed latest flashtool 9.15
3) and then backed up my TA with TA backuptool latest version
4) now i unlocked my bootloader
5) and then flashed the ftf , with every thing ticked in "WIPE" and nothing ticked in "EXCLUDE"
6) rebooted, after setup, i rebooted to fastbootmode, flashed advance kernelv2,
7) again rebooted to recovery, flashed deodex patch, and latest super su package

now u can stop here and just reboot and use ur phone , nothing is not working, everything is fine OR if u need to relock and use original kernel continue to 8th step

8) reboot to check if u have proper root and everything..also remb to remove the sd write permission problem.. and install recovery(zx dual recovery latest beta) now....( coz we are going back to stock kernal , relock TA, and currently a buggy recovery, also a RIL restriction--> u cant write anything to system partition even u have root, but can perform other things which need root privilege)

9)reboot into fastboot mode again and flash the striped kernal for ur device ( WAIT..... THERE IS A TRICKY PART... THE STRIPPED FTF MAY NOT BE ALWAYS FROM UR REGIONS FTF OR THE GLOBAL ONE, AND MAY CONTAINS DIFFERENT RADIOS,TA CUSTOMIZATIONS ETC. SO IT MAY( a 10% chance) GET MESSY WITH THE FIRMWARE U FLASHED... SO THERE IS A WAY TO FLASH ONLY THINGS U WANT FROM UR FTF FILE (the whole ftf and not stripped ftf), THE WAY IS .... reload the ftf to flash tool(in flash mode ofcourse), and then SELECT SYSTEM from "EXCLUDE" and UNTICK everything on "WIPE" now the remaining files will count 12 ( check attached image to refer), and then flash it.

10) now reboot, yes u have a partial rooted( ril problem) , deodexed firmware with everything stock. now.
11) just restore the TA ( dont use lock TA from flastool, use TA tool to restore)
12) reboot, enjoy working everything!

DUDES... U KNOW WHY I TYPED ALL THESE STEPS HERE??? BECAUSE PLEASE DONT MESS UP THINGS AND THREADS WITH " IT IS NOT WORKING, PLS HELP ME things" WHILE ALL OTHERS ARE DISCUSSING SOMETHING ELSE. IF U NEED HELP QUICK AND CLEAR, POST UR PROBLEMS WHERE THEY ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT IT!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    camera quality issue is still present

currently there is no other ways than re locking, but the overall quality can be increased by different mods( which obviously will be more better with lb), like tweaking jpg compressions, video bitrate changes, etc.. but wait.. the kk is just a week old now, devs are still working on kk mods and tweaks. hopefully we can see something soon.:good: