[Q] Kindle Fire HD will not power on.

Search This thread

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
Hello.

I have a Kindle Fire HD that will power on. When plugged into the wall or the pc the logo flashes up for about 5 secs before the device switches back off. I have tried to reset it by holding down the power for 20 secs releasing and pressing it again, but nothing. Any help with this matter would be great!!!

Thank you.

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply.

It's not the battery no. I do not have a fastboot cable I will get one and try.

Cheers.

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
I got the fastboot cable now when it's plugged in with the new cable to the computer it comes on with "fastboot" on the screen, about 6 seconds later it powers off again.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I got the fastboot cable now when it's plugged in with the new cable to the computer it comes on with "fastboot" on the screen, about 6 seconds later it powers off again.

leave it plugged into a charger for a bit, don't remember if it will charge off a fastboot cable or not but this is good news so far, its been sitting long enough i could see the battery being deadish so if you can get it to stay in fastboot longer you can restore it back to stock and get it running again.

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
Left it to charge all night, I can get SR Tool to start but it still powers off after a few secs. I have tried a different battery with the same result. I have also noticed there is no indication that it charges (Not sure if there should be one)

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Well this sounds a bit more familiar now, I could throw a guess and say the bootimg is corrupt. You may be able too fix this though I advise using Ubuntu to do it because of the lack of driver issues and a better response time. If you run something like
Code:
fastboot -I 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
with the kindle unplugged, and plug in the fastboot cable when it says waiting for device, then it should attempt to flash the boot image again, and even if it fails it might give a better result, because I have seen what happens if a bad kernel flash happens before, usually it will kick the device straight into fastboot mode, so in your case it could be beneficial neither way possibly.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrshizz

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
I have managed to flash the bootloader with the above method but still the problem persists. :( Thanks for the help with this matter, it is very much appreciated.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Interesting, that wasn't the bootloader though, that was more like the kernel +intramfs. If you want to give a shot at reflashing the bootloader you can download the one used in hashcode's 2nd bootloader process you use for downgrading. Just remember to verify it's md5sum or your kindle could brick even worse to the point soldering would be involved to fix it. Just flash it using the command he mentions in the tutorial.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That is odd then. Its not following standard fixing procedures... I have no guesses as to why it would still do that after successfully flashing the bootloader and the boot image. You might have to wait for someone with more experience to help. Or ask around in the freenode irc channel, hashcode may know more about what's up but someone else here might have an idea as well. I can't think of any other partitions that should cause this issue. In don't believe the boot0block being corrupt could do this, there are a few others I don't know what do but I don't think they should be responsible either but Idk. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

mrshizz

May 8, 2014
Cheers for all the help, Sold it on eBay now so will use that cash to buy another, less time consuming. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You tried a fastboot cable? And are you sure the battery isn't dead?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
    Well this sounds a bit more familiar now, I could throw a guess and say the bootimg is corrupt. You may be able too fix this though I advise using Ubuntu to do it because of the lack of driver issues and a better response time. If you run something like
    Code:
    fastboot -I 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
    with the kindle unplugged, and plug in the fastboot cable when it says waiting for device, then it should attempt to flash the boot image again, and even if it fails it might give a better result, because I have seen what happens if a bad kernel flash happens before, usually it will kick the device straight into fastboot mode, so in your case it could be beneficial neither way possibly.