Deleted photos reappear after reboot or a few hours

Search This thread

WouterNLD

Aug 27, 2013
Just got my new Z2 a few days ago. Love the phone but a few quirks though. The main one - photos reappear after they have been deleted after a reboot or after waiting a few hours.

Steps to reproduce.
1. Take a picture with the stock camera app
2a. Delete it immediately from the camera app and also delete it from the trash within the Google Photos app.
2b. or go into the Sony album app and delete it from there.
3. Reboot the phone
4. Open the Sony album app. Voila... the picture is back again. :confused:

Can someone verify this behavior for me? Any suggestions?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Just got my new Z2 a few days ago. Love the phone but a few quirks though. The main one - photos reappear after they have been deleted after a reboot or after waiting a few hours.

Steps to reproduce.
1. Take a picture with the stock camera app
2a. Delete it immediately from the camera app and also delete it from the trash within the Google Photos app.
2b. or go into the Sony album app and delete it from there.
3. Reboot the phone
4. Open the Sony album app. Voila... the picture is back again. :confused:

Can someone verify this behavior for me? Any suggestions?

hmm

what version Firmware are you on?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design

WouterNLD

Aug 27, 2013
ive found that with .55 and .402 firmwares there is a media scanning issue/app function issue

i dont think there is much to do besides deleting the pic using xplore, xplore app adds to the media info hence it should disapear from the album all together

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

Thanks!! I'm using Solid Explorer and will definitely try deleting from a file explorer. Funny thing is that if I delete the reappeared photo via eg. the Sony album app (so deleting it for the second time) it does go away permanently.

Do you reckon this is going to be solved via a firmware update? Or do I need to go hobby around the issue myself?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Thanks!! I'm using Solid Explorer and will definitely try deleting from a file explorer. Funny thing is that if I delete the reappeared photo via eg. the Sony album app (so deleting it for the second time) it does go away permanently.

Do you reckon this is going to be solved via a firmware update? Or do I need to go hobby around the issue myself?

some "Sony Mobile" or claim to be have said that all known bugs are to be fixed in the next firmware update after the
.402 update

WouterNLD

Aug 27, 2013
some "Sony Mobile" or claim to be have said that all known bugs are to be fixed in the next firmware update after the
.402 update

Found it. I had set the storage location to my SD within the camera app. Changed that back and the issue of reappearing pictures is gone. That all my widgets and live wallpaper were destroyed in the process got me even more paranoid about this firmware, but hey that's solvable too :mad:

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: