How bad is your light bleeding

Search This thread

pokevitek

Aug 28, 2007
I got my Prime 3 days ago. When booting in dark, I noticed some slight bleed on right side. But when in absolute dark, with lowest brighteness (more actually hurts my eyes in dark) I can not see it. The IPS glare effect (silver from top, purple-ish from bottom) is much more disturbing than bleed. Actually there are about 2 spots, each 2-3 milimeters wide.

In dark on max brighteness, its obvious, and some un-even backlight is obvious too, but max brighteness in complete dark? Even the black is grey then...

So, in conclusion, its nothing especially bad. I mean, I have semi-pro IPS Dell screen on my desktop, with worse backlight bleed, but still considered to by within normal, also wth uneven light distribution.

I know, Prime is sort of premium tab, I also would like no backlight bleed at all, but how it is right now is acceptable for me. Like I said, IPS glare is much more visible and distracting than actuall bleed.

BTW, friend has ThinkPad tablet, which also has backlight bleed all over the screen edges, but somewhat lower than Prime. But this could be becouse of Prime has much brighter display.

I am more angry with unknows SN bug, waiting tll montay to hear from Asus like Gary promised :)

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
I returned 5 or 6 TF101's because of this issue. Some worse than others but always present. Had the prime about a week and seems to be much better. some very minute bleed in bottom left corner and on top right and can only be seen on completely black screen

3rdamention

Jan 10, 2012
Just bought my second today at Brick and Mortar Best Buy in Indiana, returned my first for Serial Number Unknown.

It has about a half a dime sized light bleed in the upper right corner. If you squeeze the glass next to it on the edge of the bezel, you can make it worse.

It appears that the glass is tightened to tight on the right side causing this, since it is easy to reproduce by squeezing the right side.

Everything else appears fine. No pixel issues or anything.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
just got my second one from an OMS order from Bestbuy. 1st one had dead pixels, this one has a slight bleed on the middle right side. And It spreads when I press down on the bezel and can be only be seen on a black screen.... Still debating whether to return this or not, wifi still ok but not great, GPS is none existent. But Im on day 1 still have 13 days if the light bleed is going to be a problem.

slugbug2010

Oct 12, 2010
Austin, Tx
would you consider this bad? It's on the right side and mine is "wide", nearly thumb sized, I notice it with dark backgrounds like wallpapers or movies, too bit mostly booting up

I think it's getting worse, I don't recall it being this noticeable at first. You can tell from the pics this isn't' even taken in a totally dark room. I'm still within my return window

Attachments

• IMAG1690.jpg
    IMAG1690.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG1698.jpg
    IMAG1698.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG1693.jpg
    IMAG1693.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 158

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
would you consider this bad? It's on the right side and mine is "wide", nearly thumb sized, I notice it with dark backgrounds like wallpapers or movies, too bit mostly booting up

I think it's getting worse, I don't recall it being this noticeable at first. You can tell from the pics this isn't' even taken in a totally dark room. I'm still within my return window

I thought I had only 1 on the middle right side. Asus had an update and I noticed when the prime booted up again.. I light leak like yours and noticed some more on the bottom left side. Pushing on the bezel made it spread then back again.... Guess this second one is going back to BestBuy tomorrow for another exchange.

mbo1951

Jan 15, 2012
Very slight bleed in lower left corner can be seen when booting, but otherwise cannot be seen.

BUYMECAR

Dec 27, 2011
My phone has a pretty slight light bleed. My Prime: nada. Honestly, no bleed at all from what I can tell.

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth

Mine has almost identical light bleed, except with a little more on the top right. I'm thinking about exchanging it, but I also am not sure what "normal" amounts of light bleed are. I can see it on a black background at pretty much any time, not just bootup, for example, if i pull up my app drawer with brightness above ~25% its visible.

to exchange or to not exchange...

also, anyone gotten theirs back from asus yet?

slugbug2010

Oct 12, 2010
Austin, Tx
here's mine.

RMA is on the way !

Ugh. Mine is 3-4 times worse than that cuz its in several places in addition to where yours is. Easily seen in a normally lit room at the boot screen and noticeable in the application drawer, too but smaller sized

Damn it!!! My skinomi skin is here, my new cases get here next week, I really don't want to have to return/exchange or rma my prime :(

EmAzY

Oct 14, 2010
My first one i got was awful which I have returned and the second one is perfect.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Cullan

Jan 8, 2012
Philadelphia
Screen Bleed

None so far. But i do have two dead pixels. And they erk the hell outta me. And this may sound retarded and/or noobish; but does anyone else have a bunch of invisible almost like grid dots on their screen? Sorry in advance if that's a dumb question...

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
I feel so lucky to not have almost any of these problems that I see on this forum. I can't find any eye-catching light bleeding on mine, and mine was a part of the first batch. Although I know it means nothing that it was first batch, since there is light bleeding on both my parents' TF101 tablets, and they just got theirs for christmas.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I know this is the prime forum, but figured you guys could help anyway. I just exchanged a 16gb tf300 for a 32 and noticed light bleed and found this thread. After a lot of research Ive found this is pretty common. Ive already exchanged and returned several tablets already for a variety of issues so needless to say I dont want to have to anymore. Ive attached a picture of mine to ask if you guys think this is a bad case or not. Its while viewing a solid black .jpg. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For giggles, I just searched for the term "bleed" on the Acer, G-Tab, G-Tab 10.1, TF1, Xoom, and Sony forums. The only reason was I've never heard anyone on the G-Tab 10.1 forum talk about bleeding. Other than the TF1 forum, there were no other forums who had threads with "bleed" in their title, at least on the first page of the search return. By no means a scientific comparison but it does make you go hmm. The Xoom (colors), Acer (lack of iPS), and G-Tab 10.1 (moisture) forums have screen issues disussion (as noted) but bleeding doesn't appear to be one of them. I wonder if Asus is sourcing their screens from the same place as the TF1's since they both seem to bleed? It also doesn't bode well for a future fix since TF1's are still experiencing it.
    I think light bleed is a problem with a lot of screens from a lot of manufacturers. I think Asus and IPS screens may be a little worse than others but I'm not sure of that.

All I know for sure is mine has gotten a little worse. the bottom is now bleeding slightly. It is still only noticeable on a black screen in a dark room but it's there. :(

I don't know if I read your post wrong Barry but I found a lot of G-Tab 10.1 light bleed issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1076349

http://www.galaxytabs.com/2011/05/galaxy-tab-10-1v-suffering-from-screen-bleeding/

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Tablets/Another-Galaxy-tab-10-1v-bleeding-light/td-p/4843

http://skattertech.com/2011/08/samsung-i-am-done-with-the-galaxy-tab-10-1/

edit:// I see now that you were searching the the forums. I used Google. That probably explains the differing results. I searched some of the other manufacturers you mentioned and found a lot of light bleed issues with them as well. Maybe Asus is worse than others but again I am not sure.

The 10.1v never made it in to production beyond Vodafone in the UK and the XDA discussion from May was for the I/O giveaway Tabs that were pre-production. I'm sure no manufacturer has a 100% perfection rate but you can get a rough idea of how big an issue is by the volume of chatter on the forums. Search "newton rings" on the G-Tab forum and you'll see what I mean. Samung's got their own issues, it's just not bleed.

samsung_galaxy_tab_10_1_v.jpg

galaxy-101-white-hands-on.jpg

Those two tabs are orphans and trapped in ROM hell. ;)
    I have a very minimal amount at the bottom, can't even see it

Sent from my DESIRE HD using XDA App

Then how do you know it is there...