GPS Dongle Discussion Here!!!

Search This thread

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
I applied on the 16th and mine still not shipped. Can you confirm if you had a C1KO serial?

My serial was a "B" one :p
Do they have the dock connector extention cord becausei i want to keep my case on my tablet but still use the gps extention in the car

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Last edited:

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
The box in which my C1 came in did not speced GPS. I'm wondering if that might be problem:-(

It's not

Just checked the status of my GPS dongle and it has changed to shipped on the ASUS website. I am in Canada and have a Grey C1 model that did not have the GPS listed as a feature on the box. So I can confirm that they are shipping to non GPS listed units.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA

Reactions: rmsingh

louvass

Sep 24, 2010
Received my Dongle

Hi from Pa. received my dongle, seems to work ok I don't see a huge improvement at all. It sees 15 Sats and locked on 4 as soon as I moved it I lost those too. I'm not impressed other than that my Prime is perfect.. GPS who cares !

cbasse

I'm sorry if this has been posted already...

I got mine today and was anxious to try it out. unfortunately, it does not fit very well with the screen/body shield I put on my prime - I was able to get it on, but I don't think it was all the way on. i did manage to test it out and it did lock onto 8 sats, but I only did a quick test.

just a warning to anyone with a skin on their prime - it actually messed up the skin a bit when i tried to put it on.

Oh well...just thought I'd post my experience...

Reactions: buxtahuda

I got mine today and was anxious to try it out. unfortunately, it does not fit very well with the screen/body shield I put on my prime - I was able to get it on, but I don't think it was all the way on. i did manage to test it out and it did lock onto 8 sats, but I only did a quick test.

just a warning to anyone with a skin on their prime - it actually messed up the skin a bit when i tried to put it on.

Inside the dongle is a bit of felt paper to keep things smooth, remove the one that corresponds to the location of your skin, should help it.

I have to slightly nudge the connector on mine back to the center otherwise it collides with the tablet, slight QC issue.

Reactions: cbasse

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington

I have the Skinomi full body Carbon fiber screen protector. Fits just fine. It has the cutouts for the keyboard on the screen protector and for the back plate. So for those that have yet to purchase screen protectors make sure you buy the ones that are designed to fit with the dock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
yes! my status just went to shipped! hopefully will see it in the next few days.... strange tho i have a couple coming one says shipped one does not. wonder if that means they ran out of stock?

cbasse

Inside the dongle is a bit of felt paper to keep things smooth, remove the one that corresponds to the location of your skin, should help it.

I have to slightly nudge the connector on mine back to the center otherwise it collides with the tablet, slight QC issue.

I will give this a try when i get around to trying it again. Not planning to use the GPS too often, so I'm not too concerned, but will be more likely to use it if i know it fits the way its supposed to and there's no risk to damaging the connector.

Sent from my daughter's quad-core LeapPad!

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
yes! my status just went to shipped! hopefully will see it in the next few days.... strange tho i have a couple coming one says shipped one does not. wonder if that means they ran out of stock?

Both the same color? And you registered on the same day? Their system could be going through the requests by when you placed it as opposed to just grouping areas together. Meaning even if you placed them minutes apart, they could be hundreds of applications apart.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD via my tethered HTC Vision

D

Dahenjo

Has anyone that is UNLOCKED received the GPS Dongle?

Received mine today. Unlocked on 3/9, submitted dongle request on 4/5.

I'm running Virtuous Prime 'S' 9.4.2.21 v1 'Typical' install. Before dongle inside saw 4-5 after a couple minutes but never got any locks. With dongle inside now sees 15 immediately and locks on 8-9 within about a minute and keeps them as I move around the house.

Seems to work as well on my unlocked Prime as others running stock!

Last edited:

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Got my dongle. Immediately put it through the paces. Went from getting an unstable lock after 40 seconds and 400 meter accuracy to a stable lock in 8 seconds with a 7 meter accuracy. Tried it in the car and it stayed glued to the path generated by Google Navigation. I also found out that the dongle's lock switch doesn't need to be lock position for the dongle to work, unlike what others have reported, but because it isn't spring loaded, you do need to make sure to lock it or it may fall off the connector.

For the people who is having trouble with FedEx showing the shipping label as printed but not shipped... Have you tried calling the Asus eStore's customer support? My packaging says that it was shipped from the Asus eStore, so maybe they might be able to verify the status of shipping. Their customer support number on the website is 510-791-3705. The number on the packaging is 510-739-3777. It might be worth a shot.

~Azrael's Kiss~

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Yup exact numbers I used.. they are worthless, all you'll get is a rep who'll read you a script that they cant help you and then try to schedule a callback but youll never hear back. Technical email is the same runaround they tell you to call the #'s. Haven't heard back from anyone at Asus other than a script, I called Friday evening. Recieved the generic email overnight last night about 2AM.

If mikey had never posted that reference Id still be stuck having to call FedEx trying to figure out when they actually pick it up from Asus

Dominic0176

Sep 3, 2011
Düsseldorf
Just two quick questions: when the Prime was being sold in Germany, did the GPS already been removed from the specs? And it is listed on your box?

I bought my Prime used from Amazon Warehouse Deals, so I can't say when it was originally sold. But the box doesn't say anything about the GPS, so I think it must have been removed from the specs at that time.

peterk-1

Jan 15, 2012
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 7 Pro
UK dongle delivered by TNT today. The manufacture month is March. Ordered 16/4. They are shipping via TNT out of Amsterdam. Asus order page still "being processed".
Re the "Italian/Greek problem" the major UK retailers pulled the "GPS" element from their web sites in, I think, mid January. I got mine from Carphone Warehouse (biggest uk mobile phone retailer?) a few days after and their product web page featured GPS and I have a saved copy of it.

Reactions: T.A Blet

flub

Nov 17, 2008
UK dongle delivered by TNT today. The manufacture month is March. Ordered 16/4. They are shipping via TNT out of Amsterdam. Asus order page still "being processed".
Re the "Italian/Greek problem" the major UK retailers pulled the "GPS" element from their web sites in, I think, mid January. I got mine from Carphone Warehouse (biggest uk mobile phone retailer?) a few days after and their product web page featured GPS and I have a saved copy of it.

Same here mine arrived today TNT from Amsterdam ordered 16th
my status didn't change from being processed either
I am in the UK

Reactions: T.A Blet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This forum is way to over moderated. I am posting this here as requested in my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622447&page=2
    Polite question to Swiftks
    GPS dongle is a very big subject with loads of side subject like mine about the dongle not fitting. does it really make sense to put everything related to the GPS dongle in one thread? How is that easier for users to find relevant information without sieving through hundreds of posts in a very broad subject/thread like the GPS dongle.

Pretty simple... go to the one gps dongle thread, and use the search button.

Hey don't blame me... I received multiple reports today from your fellow XDA members complaining about the number of GPS dongle threads in this section, and requesting a Mod combine some of the threads.... guess you can't make everyone happy.
    <Mod Edit>
    Not trying to steal the OP's glory, just wanted to consolidate all the miscellaneous GPS Dongle threads into one place; as the amount of threads on the same subject was getting out of control.

PLEASE POST ALL GPS DONGLE DISCUSSION HERE.

Thanks,

SwiftKS
    (Forum Moderator)
    </Mod Edit>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just delivered, put it on and it works great! Worked much better after a reboot.

Inside the house, solid brick house, got 12 in view 8 in use, 20 ft accuracy.

Good job Asus! Thanks!!!!

(I was one of the guys who registered during that tiny window that registration was open)
    I have Champagne ... WTF
    +1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...
    i have a champagne as well. [snip] maybe they dont have the champagne one yet?
    So no Champagne yet... damn... I'm leaving the US next week...!

This post says they have received a Champagne version.
    Anyone with a champagne colored prime receive one yet?
    got mine 2days ago

On a separate note, my TP stopped recognizing the GPS adapter and I had to reboot to get it to show again. It had been attached and removed a few times. Is there a safe disconnect procedure? Maybe I should not connect or disconnect it while the TP display is still on.

Edit: Added reference quote

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    shipping

its a random generated number. I saw your other post. although its a pain, just call fed ex tomorrow to see the status of it. although you said they can't give you the tracking number, if its already shipped, they should be able to tell you over the phone where its at in route at least. when I had called them last week, I basically was patched straight through. no wait at all really.

Actually on my shipping label it says
    Ref: TF201DONGLE - "INSERT MY SERIAL NUMBER" - GRAY
    I ordered 4.6.12 & mine just shows "submitted".... I have Champagne ... WTF

+1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...