S4 Google Edition Flashable Rom

Search This thread

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome, thanks. Wondering why some of the other first flashers reported wifi not working at first. Oh well, I won't dwell on it too much. :eek:

WiFi didn't work for me on the version from the Intl forum; but I only tried one version of Faux kernel... I kept getting "invalid file" errors each time I tried opening the Faux kernels I would download so I gave up. This one works just fine!

Wifi working?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Yes

rainynight88

Jan 10, 2011
It shows faux kernel ???

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Yes - it's the kernel thats used (from what i've read) to ensure Wi-Fi capability.

Well, effin' sweet. Google Wallet seems to work out of the box! (Well, at least it runs. I haven't tried it for a purchase yet.)

I know! So much Win!
:D

Can't choose our picture destinations when using camera.. It seems the default is internal

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Hmm.. Good catch. Welp, good thing for Google Drive/Google+ :)

I'm not sure wi-fi calling is known to work even on the real GPe, is it? I thought it might be specific to TMo/TW ROM somehow. I guess only GPe reviewers know at this point.

I was referring more to general wi-fi capability, I saw some guys saying that didn't work with the GPe system dump on TMo handset.

It might be TMO based roms, as this is a TMO feature only. But again, I'm still playing with this as we all talk about it. I'm learning about this rom just as we all are. Let's contribute and continue helping each other out.

ipnekgs

Nov 16, 2010
What is the total available space for the internal storage after flashing this? Im on CM and I have 9.57GB.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cbrvnm

Jan 22, 2010
Texas
Does anybody have a mirror or file as I'm trying to download from OP, but says downloads exceeded.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

chkn

Nov 1, 2007
Rialto
Google voice a little wonky anybody have an issue making call via WiFi thru Gvoice international

Punchatron

Sep 10, 2010
I Would be eternally grateful if someone could verify tmobile wifi calling is functioning. I have forrible signal in my house and I might pass on this if it doesn't :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE

Android 4.2.2 v6

Working: All with amazing battery life
    Not working: Google Wallet (force close)

Again, not my work, just helping the community! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2341794

Same setup - should work on T-MO.

Just an update about the new 4.3 GPe: External SD Card is readable when you plug it into your PC. The camera however still does not read the SD card. All else is still functioning.Version 4.3 will break root! All versions of SU currently do not work with 4.3. Just keep that in mind.

You can flash this over your current 4.2.2 Google Edition. If you're coming from TW, do a complete wipe, then flash. Thanks

No - I did not grab the system dump myself
    Yes - I have tested this for the TMO variant and it's fully functioning

I did create a Youtube Video on how to install the Google Edition S4. Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYpkJ27WAM

Althought it's not a ROM built from scratch or a project of any kind, it is a rom all in itself straight from the S4 GE

(Updated Link) - Thanks to luckyduck69 for posting a new mirror. Previous Link crashed XD.
    If you're interested in the GE (VERSION 4.2.2), download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5nz662i2y826kwd/google-edition-bg.zip

As always, make a backup, wipe, then flash.

Enjoy!:good:
    Can't download, link's been viewed too many times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
    I uploaded a working mirror
    Running this rom with the ktoonz kernal. I must say this is nuts. My phone boots in under 10 seconds and I now have LTE in places I didnt before. Wifi is working for me as well. Looking forward to this being the base for the next gen of roms!

already working on it
    with this base, i couldn't get my computer to recognize USB at all. tries to recognize my device as one with MTP. with my build, it recognizes it but no wifi. just made a new build with a different kernel so hoping everything is in working order. oh, also deodexed and SU pre-installed. if this build works, i'll have this in dev section in just a bit :p
    For anyone with TWRP, there's no need to download and flash the SU binary unless you just happen to have it handy. After flashing the ROM, TWRP will prompt you that the ROM you just flashed isn't rooted and ask if you wish to root. Just say yes, and reboot. Once the ROM boots, you can go to the Play Store and update your SU Binary from there and the phone will have full root capabilities. Not sure if CWM(based?) recoveries do that, but TWRP will.
    Samsung watch on from app store works with ir blaster