S4 Google Edition Flashable Rom

Search This thread

abalosmusic

Nov 11, 2012
It has emoji keyboard but in order to use it u have to keep switching the keyboard to default in settings... Theres no way to access it via android keyboard

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aLdaRiS and spodie

chkn

Nov 1, 2007
Rialto
I Would be eternally grateful if someone could verify tmobile wifi calling is functioning. I have forrible signal in my house and I might pass on this if it doesn't :(

Thats a tmobile apk . its not included in the ROM .I also need it but its not avaible

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

rainynight88

Jan 10, 2011
Thats a tmobile apk . its not included in the ROM .I also need it but its not avaible

I agree. I consider this to be essential. I wonder if its flashable? Or if its dependant on the framework?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

layzer253

Aug 10, 2010
Tacoma,WA
Running this rom with the ktoonz kernal. I must say this is nuts. My phone boots in under 10 seconds and I now have LTE in places I didnt before. Wifi is working for me as well. Looking forward to this being the base for the next gen of roms!

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Running this rom with the ktoonz kernal. I must say this is nuts. My phone boots in under 10 seconds and I now have LTE in places I didnt before. Wifi is working for me as well. Looking forward to this being the base for the next gen of roms!

already working on it
with this base, i couldn't get my computer to recognize USB at all. tries to recognize my device as one with MTP. with my build, it recognizes it but no wifi. just made a new build with a different kernel so hoping everything is in working order. oh, also deodexed and SU pre-installed. if this build works, i'll have this in dev section in just a bit :p

Last edited:

byron1985

Oct 25, 2012
Hey the link isn't working for me saying to many people have viewed file.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
Can anyone confirm if the infrared port is working? I've come to greatly enjoy it with the smart remote app, and don't want to lose that functionality.

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Can anyone confirm if the infrared port is working? I've come to greatly enjoy it with the smart remote app, and don't want to lose that functionality.

Dnld watchon from play store and yes it works

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

already working on it
with this base, i couldn't get my computer to recognize USB at all. tries to recognize my device as one with MTP. with my build, it recognizes it but no wifi. just made a new build with a different kernel so hoping everything is in working order. oh, also deodexed and SU pre-installed. if this build works, i'll have this in dev section in just a bit :p

Sweet much thanks!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Reactions: adventure_of_link
D

Deleted member 2653512

did a full wipe and flashed this zip.. WiFi worked.

decided to try Faux's newest kernel.. broke WiFi.

so just as a point of reference... which of faux's kernels is included in this zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE

Android 4.2.2 v6

Working: All with amazing battery life
    Not working: Google Wallet (force close)

Again, not my work, just helping the community! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2341794

Same setup - should work on T-MO.

Just an update about the new 4.3 GPe: External SD Card is readable when you plug it into your PC. The camera however still does not read the SD card. All else is still functioning.Version 4.3 will break root! All versions of SU currently do not work with 4.3. Just keep that in mind.

You can flash this over your current 4.2.2 Google Edition. If you're coming from TW, do a complete wipe, then flash. Thanks

No - I did not grab the system dump myself
    Yes - I have tested this for the TMO variant and it's fully functioning

I did create a Youtube Video on how to install the Google Edition S4. Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYpkJ27WAM

Althought it's not a ROM built from scratch or a project of any kind, it is a rom all in itself straight from the S4 GE

(Updated Link) - Thanks to luckyduck69 for posting a new mirror. Previous Link crashed XD.
    If you're interested in the GE (VERSION 4.2.2), download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5nz662i2y826kwd/google-edition-bg.zip

As always, make a backup, wipe, then flash.

Enjoy!:good:
    Can't download, link's been viewed too many times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
    I uploaded a working mirror

already working on it
    For anyone with TWRP, there's no need to download and flash the SU binary unless you just happen to have it handy. After flashing the ROM, TWRP will prompt you that the ROM you just flashed isn't rooted and ask if you wish to root. Just say yes, and reboot. Once the ROM boots, you can go to the Play Store and update your SU Binary from there and the phone will have full root capabilities. Not sure if CWM(based?) recoveries do that, but TWRP will.
    Samsung watch on from app store works with ir blaster