[Q] Help me move phone data to SD card.

Search This thread

Kidd_Mando

Jan 18, 2014
So first of I would like to get this out of the way and mention that I am totally new to ALL of this. I had nowhere else to go after numerous attempts to figure this out on my own so now i have posted this... I rooted my LG Optimus L9 P769 strictly to enable my phone to tranfer all of its data (like my apps) to the external SD card because this phone is junk. It doesnt allow me to unless I am rooted and now that I am, I dont know how. I hate this phone and i bought an expensive SD card for nothing because I cant even move my apps to it. I have tried Apps2SD and a bunch of other stuff only to find out that it was all a waste of time. I am aware that my phone has been made this way and i honeslty dont know why google or whoever is responsible would enslave anyone with tis phone like that. If this helps any: i read somewhere that i might just need to 'enable a second partition on my sd' i dont know how to do any of that (im a complete noob) or if that is even the solution. Please help before this phone ends up getting chucked out of my window and don't hate because i am not knowledgeable on android, roms, rooting etc.

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
i read somewhere that i might just need to 'enable a second partition on my sd' i dont know how to do any of that (im a complete noob) or if that is even the solution. Please help
Hi Kidd_Mando, you could create a second partition in your SD (I'm using ext2 format for my sd-ext partition with success) and use the free app Link2sd. You can google it and find tutorials about it (I normally do it with MiniTools Partition Wizard via PC, but there are more methods).
Don't forget backup your SD in your PC before starting.
Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020L-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted