[Q] Woke up to start-up screen, not working ever since.

Search This thread

manoosie

Feb 3, 2007
So I woke up this morning and the Samsung Galaxy Note II logo was on the screen. Phone was not booting, it was just stuck on the screen. Thought that was weird considering my alarm went off an hour before I woke up. Removed the battery and put in back in. Nothing. Plugged it in thinking it was dead. Will not charge. All I can get it to do is when I hold down the power button a little red light on the front blinks once, that is it.

Help?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
So I woke up this morning and the Samsung Galaxy Note II logo was on the screen. Phone was not booting, it was just stuck on the screen. Thought that was weird considering my alarm went off an hour before I woke up. Removed the battery and put in back in. Nothing. Plugged it in thinking it was dead. Will not charge. All I can get it to do is when I hold down the power button a little red light on the front blinks once, that is it.

Help?
how long did you plug it in to make it charge?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
It was plugged it overnight.

Based on some searches, it looks like my phone suffers from SDS, or "sudden death syndrome." Unfortunately I am not alone on this problem. It looks like my phone is officially dead:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073347
that sucks and this got me worried as well,since my phone wasn't purchased in India and also there's no particular reason as to why this happens with our note II , but it seems that with most people the issue occurs when they have left their phone overnight to charge,i guess some users have been lucky not to experience this