[ROM] Atrix CM9 [ADT's SelfKANGish builds - 20120715]

Search This thread

astol

Nov 3, 2011
Perth
Having some weird issues receiving texts with v10, in that i will attempt to send a text, then it will reboot itself, and when it comes back up, i have texts waiting for me from hours ago and my text wasnt able to send.

reverting back to v8 which i had no trouble with.

hatanakaf

Jan 27, 2010
Having some weird issues receiving texts with v10, in that i will attempt to send a text, then it will reboot itself, and when it comes back up, i have texts waiting for me from hours ago and my text wasnt able to send.

I've never had any issues with v10.
As usual, the same basic questions: full wipe, fix permissions, etc etc?

Cheers!

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com

Text messages have been working just fine for me in v10.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk 2

tuantuti

Nov 2, 2006
Ho Chi Minh
anyone has problem with USB connection on v9?

when i plug in the USB, it would not recognize any connection and i cannot copy anything to the phone.
when i try debugging mode, it does recognize and enable debugging. but the computer would not recognize any usb mode or mass storage mode.

Last edited:

RoG3

Jul 14, 2011
Dallas

when i plug in the USB, it would not recognize any connection and i cannot copy anything to the phone.
when i try debugging mode, it does recognize and enable debugging. but the computer would not recognize any usb mode or mass storage mode.

Looks like Jokersax's version of CM9 is going along better than this version.

turl1

May 2, 2011
Check the OP for an update, and be sure to read the tips for this build on there. I worked a bit on the touch support, it should be better.

As always, CM9 code used is up to date as of today, and that's the main reason for the update.

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
Check the OP for an update, and be sure to read the tips for this build on there. I worked a bit on the touch support, it should be better.

As always, CM9 code used is up to date as of today, and that's the main reason for the update.

Thanks Turl. I am downloading now and will test.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

ninja_rancher

Oct 11, 2011

I've always had to switch to the acerbix kernel to get Words With Friends to "work". I see in the tips for v11 that we shouldn't be using any other kernel. Does your new kernel fix any of the old WWF issues?

Last edited:

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
Does anyone think doing a full wipe will fix my touchscreen issues, that being a whole row on my screen is unresponsive? This has been the case for many people, it seems, over in Joker's thread.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Fastrite

Try going to system settings/storage - menu/USB computer connections and then checking Mass Storage. I'm on jokers latest and had the same issue and this sorted it for me.

Splashed from a puddle in Devon

tuantuti

Nov 2, 2006
Ho Chi Minh
Try going to system settings/storage - menu/USB computer connections and then checking Mass Storage. I'm on jokers latest and had the same issue and this sorted it for me.

Splashed from a puddle in Devon

turl's v9 doesn't have that options under settings/storage/menu. now i cannot copy fstab.zip to flash, nor can i copy any other ROMs to flash, since the phone won't recognize usb mode. and i cannot download anything from the internet since it requires sd card.
is there a way i can manually edit build.prop so that it will have same effect as flashing fstab.zip???

astol

Nov 3, 2011
Perth
Ehh I bet it'd work if you flashed it. I wonder what causes it? Do you have choppy internet or is it like that for everyone?

Internet is fine, always been very stable. I found if you go to http://coblitz.codeen.org/, it says its overloaded.

Also, the file is supposed to be 119Mb, but i get anywhere from 48Mb to 117Mb, so I dont trust it. I guess I will have to be patient and wait until the masses have downloaded it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, given the confusion that was arising on jokersax's thread, I'm opening this one to keep things a bit more organized. You are still encouraged to (and you should, really) read the other thread, and play with both builds. Feel free to compare them, and make sure you mention which build are you using.

CM9 - http://coblitz.codeen.org/turl.androidro.ms/olympus/cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    GApps, courtesy of Goo - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    File mirrors courtesy of Jokersax (outdated) - http://www.jokersax.com/developer-pages/turl/

Code:
    cbb650b6b028ba745926f27ed14bc563  cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    dc560aa235e8dd8cb00df0cefb5abd38  gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Tips for this build:
    • If you are getting weird stuff, go to CWM, format /system (mounts & storage menu), flash CM9, flash gapps, reboot. If you are still getting weird stuff, do a normal wipe/factory reset.
    • Don't flash any 2D fixes
    • Don't flash any kernels, this update contains kernel modifications you should be running
    • If you really want blur-like sdcard mounts, go to Settings -> Storage -> Menu button -> Storage configuration, tick 'Use internal storage', and reboot your phone
    • You can now manage fingerprints and configure fingerprint sensor navigation on the advanced device settings, many thanks epinter!
    • Wifi/bluetooth tether is working once again.
    • Opera Mobile works good
    • Check out for Wifi N networks on the 5Ghz band (thanks epinter!)
    • Retest Foursquare and the like
    • Test all the new led configuration stuff!
    New refreshed build on first post, pretty much no changes hardware wise, but it has all CM improvements and fixes to date, including the Torch app. Enjoy!
    Kernel 025 is available for CM9 ADT Self-Kang ONLY!

https://twitter.com/#!/faux123/status/170954844323057664
    Come on guys... don't be snippy with each other. There's no need to talk about battery life in this thread unless you have a potential fix. If you don't have a way to fix it, then don't mention it. Complaints and arguing don't help developers solve alleged problems.
    #7 posted on post #1! Main changes include volume rocker wake (under screen settings) and whatever else got merged into CM in this timeframe. I also fixed the over 100% battery charge issue and enabled the CRT animation