[ROM] STOCK - FULL ICS IMM76D.LP10 for Verizon i815 LTE Tab (only!) *UPDATE 10/16*

Search This thread

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
UPDATE: My hosting I had for XDA related work expired, so I re-uploaded everything here: http://www.mods4cars.com/pub/xda

Hi everyone. As pretty much everyone of us who got suckered into buying this excellent (hardware) tab from Verizon knows, their update strategy has been very slow and on top of that, glitchy. Finally, 4 months after the other editions of this tab, we're getting ICS... BUT the update is an incremental OTA update that fails on 99% of the tabs, because it expects a version FD01b instead of the FD01 most of us have. The update seems to have gone through for only 2 or 3 lucky users who must somehow have had FD01b on their tab when they got it.

So after one of the best collaboration efforts on the "Tab 7.7 General" forums, I am happy to present to you
The CWM flashable "full stock" ROM for the SCH-i815 - ICS IMM76D.LP10

First up, let me stress again that this is a HACK and that this is RISKY and that if something goes wrong you MAY end up with a BRICK that will require complicated revival ceremonies! Unfortunately I *have* to say here, that whatever you do here, you do AT YOUR OWN risk, I can not be held liable for anything!

Prerequisites:
Verizon SCH-i815 LTE Tablet (ONLY this version!) with Honeycomb (everyone should have FD01 at this point)
Windows PC with Samsung USB drivers installed, meaning when you connect the tab, you should be able to copy files to it.
A micro-SD Card 2GB or bigger, preferable BLANK, FAT32 formatted.

Step 1: Prepare the SD card
Connect the SD card to your PC and copy the ROM files to it.

ROM Choices:
Original Cloned ROM (First version with direct partition image copy, requires >1GB space on SD card which has caused issues for some)
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815.zip

Update 10/12:
NEW ROM with full ext4 optimizations. System, Cache and Data (only in wipe version) will be cleared, formatted and "fsck -Dfy" checked!
DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING IN CWM!!! Just choose the ROM file appropriately.

Non-Wipe Version (This one leaves existing data partition alone, only checks it for errors)
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_nowipe.zip

Wipe Version (THIS ONE WILL FORMAT DATA PARTITION, ALL USER DATA WILL BE LOST!)
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_wipe.zip

Step 2: Download the Odin CWM Recovery pack and get ready to flash
Odin Pack: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_i815_odin_pack.zip
This ZIP contains everything you need now and later during this process. Extract it in any folder you like (Desktop/Odin or C:\Odin).
Run Odin3 v1.85.exe

Step 3: Bring the tab into Odin mode
Hold down the power and volume down buttons on your tab continuously until you see the big warning. Press volume UP to enter flash (odin) mode. Connect USB. In Odin the leftmost ID:COM field should now be yellow. Click the PDA button and select the cwm-6.0.1.1-i815.tar file. Leave everything else as-is. Click start to flash and when it says rebooting immediately grab the tab and hold down power and volume UP until you see the blue CWM screen! If you don't do this and let the tab boot, then it will automatically kill CWM (yes, bastards!), so don't let it boot the regular ROM!

Step 4: Flash the ICS ROM
Insert the card into the tablet, then in CWM go to install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from external sdcard. Select the electron_ICS-LP10_i815_v2.zip.
It will flash the kernel, the radio (LTE modem), the factory fs (/system) and preload partitions. The whole flash will take about 5 min. Especially on the last two steps be patient, it takes a while to extract 800mb and then flash the full filesystem image. Turning off power here (or running out of battery juice!) will make the rom unbootable and will require a full re-do. IMPORTANT: This requires the use of an external SD card! Using internal storage will not work!
WARNING: DO NOT wipe or factory reset in CWM! You can simply install ICS over an existing Honeycomb setup! Choose the correct ROM version: One erases everything and the other one preserves user data. Since this was originally an OTA, it knows how to convert your saved data. So all your emails, save games etc. will still be there! We had too many reports of problems when wiping/factory resetting with CWM. So for now the best advice for anyone looking into installing the ROM is DO NOT WIPE!

UPDATED PROCEDURE as of 10/16 - NO NEED to flash the old 3e recovery any more! Much easier and quicker baseband update below...

Step 5: Download and flash the baseband modem.bin with ODIN
Download the baseband update: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip
Bring the tab back into ODIN mode the same as before. Extract the modem.bin file from the modem.zip and drop it in the PHONE section (not PDA!) in ODIN this time. Click start and let it flash and reboot. Done. Under settings/about device you should now have Baseband Version i815.04 V.LP10 / I815LP10

B]Step 6: Optional: Keep CWM or go all stock[/B]
If you would rather like to be full stock than keeping CWM as the recovery program, then bring the tab back into ODIN mode one last time (pwr + vol down) and Connect USB, then flash LP10_recovery.

The ROM is pre-rooted. SuperSU is pre-installed as part of the ROM.

Trouble?

If the tab for some reason gets stuck in a boot loop with the Verizon animation playing over and over, don't fret! Give it AT LEAST 10 full minutes to start with and if it still doesn't show the home screen after that, hold down power and vol up until you're in CWM and wipe data/factory reset (yes, that will completely kill all user data and the tab will be "like new").

Trickier: If you see any warnings in CWM or 3e stock recovery, that there was an error mounting /data, then you lost the data partition and need to do extensive hacking before the tab will ever boot again. We fixed exactly this problem beginning on the very bottom of the page here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927392&page=16 so don't panic! This repair surgery thanks to the excellent guide by Androguide.fr here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1862294

Thanks
Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen! Especially asenduk for dumping the image backups from his tab, rayjr13 for bringing this whole thing to my attention and sending me the first OTA bin file.
Every use of the thanks button is greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• ics1.jpg
    ics1.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,422
  • ics2.jpg
    ics2.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 2,117
  • ics3.jpg
    ics3.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 2,138
  • ics4.jpg
    ics4.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 4,019
Last edited:

johnny13oi

Nov 13, 2006
Texas
Hi, thank you so much for these instructions and all the help. I was wondering does that 6.0.1.1 protect you from the brick bug and I saw that you hosted the V2 file in the original thread but here you have the regular file hosted. Is the V2 better?

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
Hi, thank you so much for these instructions and all the help. I was wondering does that 6.0.1.1 protect you from the brick bug and I saw that you hosted the V2 file in the original thread but here you have the regular file hosted. Is the V2 better?

What is this brick bug people speak of? Bricking during a flash or bricking when you're sleeping at night and doing nothing to the tab?

Thanks again for this Rom electronic73! Hopefully some devs will take this as a base and run with it!

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!

Yes the 6.0.1.1 (as far as I know!) is safe. No need to wipe anyway. The v2 included more files that turned out to be not necessary. The files posted here along with the updated, safer method of flashing, should be the best and quickest way to get to full stock ICS.

The v2 was mainly an attempt to bring user ice's tab back to life after his data partition got killed.

rhester72

Mar 30, 2011
Newbie question of the day - where is the IMEI stored on the 7.7? If it's in /system, won't this result in *everyone* flashing this image ending up with the same IMEI (which causes a whole set of problems of its own)?

Rodney

johnny13oi

Nov 13, 2006
Texas
Thank you so much, and I do plan on doing a wipe to clear out my Tab to bring it to a clean slate. Just didn't want it to be a broken state lol.

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
Newbie question of the day - where is the IMEI stored on the 7.7? If it's in /system, won't this result in *everyone* flashing this image ending up with the same IMEI (which causes a whole set of problems of its own)?

Rodney

IMEI and such is stored in the mmcblk0p1 partition which (along with 2 and 3 which are the bootloader) we don't touch. So no, we only flash the factory fs, lte modem and kernel. CDMA modem.bin via the new method.

bathanr

Oct 30, 2008
Hi everyone. As pretty much everyone of us who got suckered into buying this excellent (hardware) tab from Verizon knows, their update strategy has been very slow and on top of that, glitchy. Finally, 4 months after the other editions of this tab, we're getting ICS... BUT the update is an incremental OTA update that fails on 99% of the tabs, because it expects a version FD01b instead of the FD01 most of us have. The update seems to have gone through for only 2 or 3 lucky users who must somehow have had FD01b on their tab when they got it.

So after one of the best collaboration efforts on the "Tab 7.7 General" forums, I am happy to present to you

First up, let me stress again that this is a HACK and that this is RISKY and that if something goes wrong you MAY end up with a BRICK that will require complicated revival ceremonies! Unfortunately I *have* to say here, that whatever you do here, you do AT YOUR OWN risk, I can not be held liable for anything!

Prerequisites:
Verizon SCH-i815 LTE Tablet (ONLY this version!) with Honeycomb (everyone should have FD01 at this point)
Windows PC with Samsung USB drivers installed, meaning when you connect the tab, you should be able to copy files to it.

ICS ROM: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815.zip
Modem Upgrade: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip

Make sure you have MORE than 1GB of free space left on the SD card when done.

This ZIP contains everything you need now and later during this process. Extract it in any folder you like (Desktop/Odin or C:\Odin).
Run Odin3 v1.85.exe

Hold down the power and volume down buttons on your tab continuously until you see the big warning. Press volume UP to enter flash (odin) mode. Connect USB. In Odin the leftmost ID:COM field should now be yellow. Click the PDA button and select the cwm-6.0.1.1-i815.tar file. Leave everything else as-is. Click start to flash and when it says rebooting immediately grab the tab and hold down power and volume UP until you see the blue CWM screen! If you don't do this and let the tab boot, then it will automatically kill CWM (yes, bastards!), so don't let it boot the regular ROM!

Insert the card into the tablet, then in CWM go to install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from external sdcard. Select the electron_ICS-LP10_i815_v2.zip.
It will flash the kernel, the radio (LTE modem), the factory fs (/system) and preload partitions. The whole flash will take about 5 min. Especially on the last two steps be patient, it takes a while to extract 800mb and then flash the full filesystem image. Turning off power here (or running out of battery juice!) will make the rom unbootable and will require a full re-do. IMPORTANT: This requires the use of an external SD card! Using internal storage will not work!
BTW there is NO NEED to wipe! You can simply install ICS over an existing Honeycomb setup! Since this was originally an OTA, it knows how to convert your saved data. So all your emails, save games etc. will still be there!

Step 5: Flash the old Honeycomb recovery in order to do the modem upgrade
Since CWM does not understand the proprietary command used to flash the "firmware" which is the base modem file, we need to use STOCK recovery for this. The downside is that, of course, the new recovery is now locked down and won't accept unsigned files. So we need to flash the OLD Honeycomb FD01 recovery and feed it the modem update!
When the CWM flash above is finished and tells you to reboot, simple press and hold power and vol down again to get back into ODIN mode. Connect the USB again and this time use Odin the same way as above, but to flash the FD10_recovery.tar. This time uncheck the "reboot" tick mark.

Step 6: Flash the modem upgrade with the old stock 3e recovery
When Odin is done above, hold down pwr and vol up until you see the old school recovery pop up saying *manual mode*. Select flash update zip from sdcard and select the electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip this time. It will go on for a while in total bling flight. No output apart from rotating gears! This one is tricky. Just wait until it either ends saying that it is done or a yellow exclamation point shows up in the middle of the screen. The flash is done.

Step 7: Choose between Stock and CWM
Now bring the tab back into ODIN mode one last time (pwr + vol down) and Connect USB, then flash either CWM or LP10_recovery if you rather like to be full stock. If you chose CWM then be aware that the ROM will try to overwrite that immediately on first boot!! In order to avoid that, flash it with "reboot" box unticked and manually reset into CWM mode (pwr + vol up) and inside CWM select reboot system. It will then give you a big warning that the ROM has a CWM killer and offers you to disable that, so CWM will stay in place (good for Nandroids etd).

Step 8: Boot the ICS ROM and enjoy!
Once you see ICS, go to the play store and install SuperSU. The rom is pre-rooted and just needs the SuperSU app for full root access control.

Trouble?

If the tab for some reason gets stuck in a boot loop with the Verizon animation playing over and over, don't fret! Give it AT LEAST 10 full minutes to start with and if it still doesn't show the home screen after that, hold down power and vol up until you're in CWM and wipe data/factory reset (yes, that will completely kill all user data and the tab will be "like new").

Trickier: If you see any warnings in CWM or 3e stock recovery, that there was an error mounting /data, then you lost the data partition and need to do extensive hacking before the tab will ever boot again. We fixed exactly this problem beginning on the very bottom of the page here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927392&page=16 so don't panic! This repair surgery thanks to the excellent guide by Androguide.fr here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1862294

Thanks
Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen! Especially asenduk for dumping the image backups from his tab, rayjr13 for bringing this whole thing to my attention and sending me the first OTA bin file.

Hey Electron, thanks again for your outstanding work as well as all involved to make this happen. Since I installed your V2 this morning, I can skip the ICS ROM installation and go straight to step 5 right? Or is it better to start over from scratch?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: 1982gmcP

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
Hey Electron, thanks again for your outstanding work as well as all involved to make this happen. Since I installed your V2 this morning, I can skip the ICS ROM installation and go straight to step 5 right? Or is it better to start over from scratch?

Same here, what steps do I take to flash the updated modem

rspong

Dec 26, 2007
Palm Springs
boot loop

Not sure whats up. Ive had your rom on all day. No problems. When i went to install the modem update, i entered odin and installed stock recovery, and boom, went into a verizon logo boot loop. i continued any way with the modem install, then put cwm back on, then wiped and data factory reset. waited 10 minutes during bootloop. Gave up, totally reflashed entire V2 Rom, again, stuck on a bootloop...so nwiped and data factory reset again,,,,still a bootloop....
bummer...does it just run until battery dies?

Last edited:

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
Not sure whats up. Ive had your rom on all day. No problems. When i went to install the modem update, i entered odin and installed stock recovery, and boom, went into a verizon logo boot loop. i continued any way with the modem install, then put cwm back on, then wiped and data factory reset. waited 10 minutes during bootloop. Gave up, totally reflashed entire V2 Rom, again, stuck on a bootloop...so nwiped and data factory reset again,,,,still a bootloop....
bummer...does it just run until battery dies?

Weird. OK did the v2 flash go all the way through? Did it finish at some point and say "please reboot" ? Or did it get stuck half way though?

Can you in CWM mount your internal storage? Did you get any errors when you did the full wipe/factory reset? anything saying "error mounting /data" maybe ?

almus

Mar 9, 2007
electron73, did you create the .pit file in the cwm zip? It does not seem to match my i815 (which may be my problem, that mine is wrong)

bathanr

Oct 30, 2008
I noticed the latest stock rom is like 550mb opposed to the one you uploaded this morning which was 990mb.. Is there a difference?

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
electron73, did you create the .pit file in the cwm zip? It does not seem to match my i815 (which may be my problem, that mine is wrong)

No I didn't create it but it is guaranteed the right one for i815. I know because I messed up my partition table last night and had to use that pit to repartition :) Lucky I found that. What you would do in order to re-do your pit is open odin, put the CWM in the PDA section as usual and then click PIT and select that pit. That should activate a checkbox "repartition device". Leave that on for this one run and click start.

As a result it should partition, then flash the CWM and you should immediately be able to enter CWM. With CWM running connect USB
and use adb shell to get onto your tab.

IN the root prompt enter parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

and in the parted prompt enter print. If you see the result as in the attached pic (note: no file system in the DATAFS line) then you need to fix that the same way ice got it fixed last night. I think the link to the thread is in the OP

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
I noticed the latest stock rom is like 550mb opposed to the one you uploaded this morning which was 990mb.. Is there a difference?

Yes the difference is that the preload partition (550mb decompressed) is not included any longer. Not needed. It was never altered in the first place. It only contains a game and useless verizon demonstration videos. I found out later that it had been untouched since Honeycomb FA02c

rspong

Dec 26, 2007
Palm Springs
Yes. V2 went through with no problems.in CWM I can mount efs,cache,system but not data. Then in cwm... OK..wiping data then I get a error mounting data. Skipping format

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Last edited:

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!

bathanr

Oct 30, 2008
Yes the difference is that the preload partition (550mb decompressed) is not included any longer. Not needed. It was never altered in the first place. It only contains a game and useless verizon demonstration videos. I found out later that it had been untouched since Honeycomb FA02c

Thanks again man.. You have put forth an awesome effort in this work.. Sent you a little something as an appreciation:good:

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Thanks again man.. You have put forth an awesome effort in this work.. Sent you a little something as an appreciation:good:

I ran into the splash screen just hanging and followed the data retore steps. I keep getting this error when trying to print the print command from the parted prompt.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Flatlinz>f:

F:\>cd 7.7

F:\7.7>cd adb

F:\7.7\adb>adb shell
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
~ # ls
ls
boot init sys
cache init.rc system
charger lpm.rc tmp
data preload ueventd.goldfish.rc
default.prop proc ueventd.rc
dev recovery ueventd.smdk4210.rc
efs res vendor
etc sbin
external_sd sdcard
~ # parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
GNU Parted 1.8.8.1.179-aef3
Using /dev/block/mmcblk0
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) print
print
print
Error: Can't have the end before the start!
(parted)

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: My hosting I had for XDA related work expired, so I re-uploaded everything here: http://www.mods4cars.com/pub/xda

Prerequisites:

ROM Choices:
    Original Cloned ROM (First version with direct partition image copy, requires >1GB space on SD card which has caused issues for some)
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815.zip

Update 10/12:
    NEW ROM with full ext4 optimizations. System, Cache and Data (only in wipe version) will be cleared, formatted and "fsck -Dfy" checked!
    DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING IN CWM!!! Just choose the ROM file appropriately.

Non-Wipe Version (This one leaves existing data partition alone, only checks it for errors)
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_nowipe.zip

Wipe Version (THIS ONE WILL FORMAT DATA PARTITION, ALL USER DATA WILL BE LOST!)
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_wipe.zip

Run Odin3 v1.85.exe

WARNING: DO NOT wipe or factory reset in CWM! You can simply install ICS over an existing Honeycomb setup! Choose the correct ROM version: One erases everything and the other one preserves user data. Since this was originally an OTA, it knows how to convert your saved data. So all your emails, save games etc. will still be there! We had too many reports of problems when wiping/factory resetting with CWM. So for now the best advice for anyone looking into installing the ROM is DO NOT WIPE!

UPDATED PROCEDURE as of 10/16 - NO NEED to flash the old 3e recovery any more! Much easier and quicker baseband update below...

Step 5: Download and flash the baseband modem.bin with ODIN
    Download the baseband update: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip
    Bring the tab back into ODIN mode the same as before. Extract the modem.bin file from the modem.zip and drop it in the PHONE section (not PDA!) in ODIN this time. Click start and let it flash and reboot. Done. Under settings/about device you should now have Baseband Version i815.04 V.LP10 / I815LP10

B]Step 6: Optional: Keep CWM or go all stock[/B]
    If you would rather like to be full stock than keeping CWM as the recovery program, then bring the tab back into ODIN mode one last time (pwr + vol down) and Connect USB, then flash LP10_recovery.

The ROM is pre-rooted. SuperSU is pre-installed as part of the ROM.

Trouble?

Thanks
    SUCCESS !!!
    I got my tab to update and take the OTA without complaining. Here's what I did:

1) Took the OTA zip file (thanks Royaltiger for supplying it to me!!) and put it on the root of the external (!) SD card
    You can get it here: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/9f8cf4cd021f.update_SCH-I815_LP10c_To_LP11_RC4.zip

2) Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper !!! Important!!! The OTA kills root and you don't want to go through major hoops, so SAVE ROOT !!!

3) No CWM! These factory OTA's won't run on CWM, so I installed stock LP10 recovery with ODIN first.

4) The Bootloader partition checksum didn't match because in our last hack we left it alone, this OTA requires the last OTA's SBL in place, so I extracted it from the last OTA and manually flashed it with ODIN.

5) Booted the tab into stock recovery and selected apply update from external storage. Pointed it to the ZIP file and it ran through!

HOW TO FLASH STOCK RECOVERY and STOCK SBL, then flash the OTA manually:
    Download the new Odin-Pack from here http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_i815_odin_pack.zip
    Extract somewhere, run ODIN and connect the TAB in download mode (pwr+vol down, for details please google).
    Now add the LP10_recovery_tar in the PDA section and flash. When it reboots, immediately place it back in download mode. This time add the LP10_SBL.tar in the BOOTLOADER section and flash.
    Now when it reboots, immediately hold down the key combination for recovery (pwr+vol up) until you see stock recovery. Choose "apply update from external storage", select the update ZIP file and keep fingers crossed :)

See attachments :)
    I also flashed the modem using the "alternate" method. After flashing ROM, I was on FD baseband. Then booted into Odin, flashed modem.bin file ONLY using "Phone" inside of Odin, and then afterwards was on LP baseband. I didn't have to revert to stock recovery and was able to keep persistent CWM.

Thanks Electron. Will shoot a thank you beer (or two) over later.

Awesome! Glad we now seem to have a stable solution. Updated the OP right away with the new steps.

Thanks to everyone for being part of this hacking experience!! I for my part originally "just wanted ICS"... had no idea I was going to learn so much more about this tab :highfive:

Prerequisites:

ICS ROM: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815.zip
    Modem Upgrade: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip

Make sure you have MORE than 1GB of free space left on the SD card when done.

Run Odin3 v1.85.exe

BTW there is NO NEED to wipe! You can simply install ICS over an existing Honeycomb setup! Since this was originally an OTA, it knows how to convert your saved data. So all your emails, save games etc. will still be there!

Step 5: Flash the old Honeycomb recovery in order to do the modem upgrade
    Since CWM does not understand the proprietary command used to flash the "firmware" which is the base modem file, we need to use STOCK recovery for this. The downside is that, of course, the new recovery is now locked down and won't accept unsigned files. So we need to flash the OLD Honeycomb FD01 recovery and feed it the modem update!
    When the CWM flash above is finished and tells you to reboot, simple press and hold power and vol down again to get back into ODIN mode. Connect the USB again and this time use Odin the same way as above, but to flash the FD10_recovery.tar. This time uncheck the "reboot" tick mark.

Step 6: Flash the modem upgrade with the old stock 3e recovery
    When Odin is done above, hold down pwr and vol up until you see the old school recovery pop up saying *manual mode*. Select flash update zip from sdcard and select the electron_ICS-LP10_i815_modem.zip this time. It will go on for a while in total bling flight. No output apart from rotating gears! This one is tricky. Just wait until it either ends saying that it is done or a yellow exclamation point shows up in the middle of the screen. The flash is done.

Step 7: Choose between Stock and CWM
    Now bring the tab back into ODIN mode one last time (pwr + vol down) and Connect USB, then flash either CWM or LP10_recovery if you rather like to be full stock. If you chose CWM then be aware that the ROM will try to overwrite that immediately on first boot!! In order to avoid that, flash it with "reboot" box unticked and manually reset into CWM mode (pwr + vol up) and inside CWM select reboot system. It will then give you a big warning that the ROM has a CWM killer and offers you to disable that, so CWM will stay in place (good for Nandroids etd).

Step 8: Boot the ICS ROM and enjoy!
    Once you see ICS, go to the play store and install SuperSU. The rom is pre-rooted and just needs the SuperSU app for full root access control.

Trouble?

Thanks

SUCCESS !!!
    I got my tab to update and take the OTA without complaining. Here's what I did:

1) Took the OTA zip file (thanks Royaltiger for supplying it to me!!) and put it on the root of the external (!) SD card
    You can get it here: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/9f8cf4cd021f.update_SCH-I815_LP10c_To_LP11_RC4.zip

2) Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper !!! Important!!! The OTA kills root and you don't want to go through major hoops, so SAVE ROOT !!!

3) No CWM! These factory OTA's won't run on CWM, so I installed stock LP10 recovery with ODIN first.

4) The Bootloader partition checksum didn't match because in our last hack we left it alone, this OTA requires the last OTA's SBL in place, so I extracted it from the last OTA and manually flashed it with ODIN.

5) Booted the tab into stock recovery and selected apply update from external storage. Pointed it to the ZIP file and it ran through!

HOW TO FLASH STOCK RECOVERY and STOCK SBL, then flash the OTA manually:
    Download the new Odin-Pack from here http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_i815_odin_pack.zip
    Extract somewhere, run ODIN and connect the TAB in download mode (pwr+vol down, for details please google).
    Now add the LP10_recovery_tar in the PDA section and flash. When it reboots, immediately place it back in download mode. This time add the LP10_SBL.tar in the BOOTLOADER section and flash.
    Now when it reboots, immediately hold down the key combination for recovery (pwr+vol up) until you see stock recovery. Choose "apply update from external storage", select the update ZIP file and keep fingers crossed :)

See attachments :)

Thanks electron. Just to clarify, can you confirm the following (taking your 1-5 steps above with the narrative below and putting into step format):

1) Put OTA zip file on the root of the external (!) SD card from here: http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/9f8cf4cd021f.update_SCH-I815_LP10c_To_LP11_RC4.zip

2) Install and run Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper

3) Download the new Odin-Pack from here http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_i815_odin_pack.zip

4) Run ODIN and connect the TAB in download mode.

5) Add the LP10_recovery_tar in the PDA section and flash. Let it reboot.

6) Immediately place it back in download mode. This time add the LP10_SBL.tar in the BOOTLOADER section and flash.

7) Now when it reboots, immediately hold down the key combination for recovery (pwr+vol up) until you see stock recovery. Choose "apply update from external storage", select the update ZIP file and keep fingers crossed

8) If we want, can we go back into ODIN to reinstall CWM recovery (version in your ODIN download pack is the latest and greatest, I'm assuming). I believe that you have to use the method in first post to make it persistent.