[Q] Do I need sim card installed to root?

Search This thread

Rick3232

Jan 10, 2014
I have a simple question. Do I need to have a sim card installed while I root the HTC Vivid using the All in One Toolkit? I won't have a sim card for a few days and thought if it's OK, to root now. I wasn't sure if you need to have sim card installed for when your phone boots up immediately after the root? I was thinking that SuperUser might need it?

Sorry if this question is in the wrong area. I wanted to post the question where the Toolkit threads are but all of those threads are locked. Is the proper thing for me to do is contact the developer instead of posting here?

Thank you all kind sirs, (and ladies if applicable)

DrakeAlucard

Dec 28, 2013
holyoke
root w/o sim

I have a simple question. Do I need to have a sim card installed while I root the HTC Vivid using the All in One Toolkit? I won't have a sim card for a few days and thought if it's OK, to root now. I wasn't sure if you need to have sim card installed for when your phone boots up immediately after the root? I was thinking that SuperUser might need it?

Sorry if this question is in the wrong area. I wanted to post the question where the Toolkit threads are but all of those threads are locked. Is the proper thing for me to do is contact the developer instead of posting here?

Thank you all kind sirs, (and ladies if applicable)

no you don't need a sim card to root your phone. i have done it before. the only thing is you won't have all the good data features like calling or texting unless you use an app. but other than that you can root without the sim card. hope this help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you learn the commands that the all in one kit uses... And use them in say adb or the terminal on your phone... You learn something...

Then you decide you don't like something... So you use that new found knowledge to start modding something...

Then you have opened Pandora's Box...

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk