[Q] IOroot 25 problem

Search This thread

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
Hello,

I have LG g2 D802. Accidentally upgraded to Official Kitkat 4.4.2. As I am a root user I was in search of a rooting process and I found this IOroot 25 method. It installed the super user, but incompletely. But it installed a recovery which is horrible. It does not recognise the sd card and when I did factory reset it completely wiped the sd card. Then I tried to unroot or reinstall the official KDZ file, all not successful. The computer asks for formatting Disk G, H , i etc. Do I format it ? What I should do. Kindly help me

Thanking You

Drachenminister

Oct 27, 2010
Hello,

I have LG g2 D802. Accidentally upgraded to Official Kitkat 4.4.2. As I am a root user I was in search of a rooting process and I found this IOroot 25 method. It installed the super user, but incompletely. But it installed a recovery which is horrible. It does not recognise the sd card and when I did factory reset it completely wiped the sd card. Then I tried to unroot or reinstall the official KDZ file, all not successful. The computer asks for formatting Disk G, H , i etc. Do I format it ? What I should do. Kindly help me

Thanking You

Keep Calm
and
Don't format

Then follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

By the way IOroot doesn't install any recovery, that's the stock recovery that it only boots into to sideload.

And yes IOroot does not install busybox but you can do that manually afterwards if you wish

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
Thanks

Keep Calm
and
Don't format

Then follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

By the way IOroot doesn't install any recovery, that's the stock recovery that it only boots into to sideload.

And yes IOroot does not install busybox but you can do that manually afterwards if you wish

This solution is out of my reach as I have no linux and I don't know anything about ubuntu .
Is there any simple solution using windows. I tried using adb, but the phone goes into offline and the computer says format disk G, H, I , J etc. If I format what will happen? Is it wise to format?
Kindly help me
Thanking You once again

kuppenhorst

Jan 29, 2014
This solution is out of my reach as I have no linux and I don't know anything about ubuntu .
Is there any simple solution using windows. I tried using adb, but the phone goes into offline and the computer says format disk G, H, I , J etc. If I format what will happen? Is it wise to format?
Kindly help me
Thanking You once again

obviously you did not even take a look into the mentioned link. you don't have to know a lot about linux/ubuntu. just read the tutorial

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

you will learn there that you can use ubuntu via usb-storage or live-cd...and do not format anything or you might hardbrick your phone

btw...android is just like ubuntu a linux system. doesn't it make sense to fix a problem like this within linux?

Last edited: