[ROM] [AOSP] » LIQUIDSMOOTH » JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 9 [d2att] » 27th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crunk954

Apr 9, 2007
Anyone having a issue with instagtam picture flickering when your trying to add effects?

Also I dl Choco cooky font but I can't install it any help I would appreciate it

TIA

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dannieloco

Random question, but has anyone tried Task ROM? I'm using it right now and it's good. But I've been reading this ROM is even better. Faster, and better battery life. Does anyone have experience?

Ive ran both Task's aokp and the official aokp for weeks and I still find LS to be a little bit better with features/battery life. I run LeanKernel on this rom and the battery is excellent. I got about 15 hours from it today.

Theyre similar rom's in my opinion because of the misfiring of the home screen and the screen flickering, but in the end, LS wins out for me.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Anyone having a issue with instagtam picture flickering when your trying to add effects?

Also I dl Choco cooky font but I can't install it any help I would appreciate it

TIA

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, Instagram flickering is very noticeable on this RC5 and and RC7 which leads me to think that its a 4.1.2 issue vs 4.1.1. RC3 never had the instagram flicker when uploading a photo to the app.

xijar

Oct 15, 2010
Is there any way to make the led light up when charging? Can't seem to find a setting for it.
Also, is there any way to get the dark theme working for messaging? The check box seems to have no effect, even after force closing or rebooting.

sent from my only child

Last edited:

drivel2787

Jan 16, 2012
Martinsburg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Is it possible to get google wallet working with this. Saw that it appeared to be compatible with RC5 but no mention of wallet so far in this thread.... let me know if it works and how to go about doing it if possible! Keep up the great work guys!

Download root file browser lite.

In /system, tap build.prop
Select "build properties" from the
open-with list.

Edit the following to match:
ro.product.device: maguro
ro.product.name: yakju
ro.product.model: Galaxy Nexus

Reboot, download wallet from market.

AnarchoXen

Aug 14, 2010
USA
Came from CM10. Full wipe etc...loads with no issues.

Graphic tearing seems worse so far but that seems to be the nature of this 4.1.2 Volume seems funny in speaker phone like CM10. Instagram seems a bit worse as I didn't remember a big time flicker on CM10, but the pic does not appear on CM10 either.

Liking all the options and the speed. On the lean kernel, so assuming battery life will be better. CM10 ate my battery.

it is great to have anther option, thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
Is it possible to get google wallet working with this. Saw that it appeared to be compatible with RC5 but no mention of wallet so far in this thread.... let me know if it works and how to go about doing it if possible! Keep up the great work guys!

I believe it should be. that is the purpose of his liquid gapps to put the necissary files and what not to make wallet work. you still have to go to the thread and do the build.prop edits and what not to get it work, but i would say i am 99% positive it will work... unless Dev states otherwise :p

drivel2787

Jan 16, 2012
Martinsburg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

I believe it should be. that is the purpose of his liquid gapps to put the necissary files and what not to make wallet work. you still have to go to the thread and do the build.prop edits and what not to get it work, but i would say i am 99% positive it will work... unless Dev states otherwise :p

Works 100%. I've done it and tested it. Used it about 3-4 times now. :good:

noahattic

Nov 17, 2009
Vancouver
nice.. wish i could get LK to work :( right now with KT.. i was able to get 3h+ screen time and was at 15% or so.. 15h+ battery.. so really not to bad id say..

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

If you were using LK, that could be why too.. with LK i was getting FC's and phone not responding etc... KT only one that will work for me unfortunately :(

edit: so been texting for like 10min and my messaging app has FC twice on me now.. any others have this?

k.. so have cleared its cache/data and its still "Messaging stopped working" on me and closes and i have to re-open... :( wierd lil bug..

I am just wondering how you got KT kernel on this Rom??? I experienced several random FC's on LK and 4.2 Camera doesn't work well with LK as well. I would like to try out KT, but no luck. Care to enlighten me??

crunk954

Apr 9, 2007

TIA

AnarchoXen

Aug 14, 2010
USA

TIA

Yeah, it flickers bad. Pic doesn't show up either. Gonna be a 4.1.2 thing IMO. Happens on CM10 as well although the graphic bleed or tearing or whatever appears to be worse on this ROM as far as I can tell.

nookie1129

Mar 3, 2011

TIA

I don't use instagram but I do have flicker issues with handcent and random others. The text flickers happen when I open a text thread or when I flip to landscape and back

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Uzi578

Jul 12, 2011
Looks like I spoke too soon. Phone app is FC still. Either my flashing procedure is not correct (very possible since I was running CM10 and switched to this ROM after wiping data/cache). Or, there really is something amiss in this ROM which is causing the phone FC.

A handful of others have reported the same issue. I'm wondering if any of you who have experienced the issue were able to resolve it.
I was having the same problem.

wiped
Flashed RC7
wiped
flashed gapps
not sure if i wiped after or not, try both.

But I dont have the FC for the phone anymore.

But I haven been getting random FCs for the messenger after I send a message and sometimes when I go back from my contact list now.

And my home button almost never works. I have just gotten used to using the power button to turn on the screen.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Is there a way to take a screen shot? Looks like the physical keys aren't working for me and I don't think the motion controls are available

Go into the settings > liquid splasher> PowerMenu I think > and make sure screenshot is checked (off by default I think)

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Anyone using alternate themes and/or Launchers? Any recommendations on that end with this ROM?
I have been using Apex since this phone has came out. i recommend it.

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
I am just wondering how you got KT kernel on this Rom??? I experienced several random FC's on LK and 4.2 Camera doesn't work well with LK as well. I would like to try out KT, but no luck. Care to enlighten me??

Well, if you are trying to flash straight from LK's kernel to KTs that could be why.. i would recommend flashing back to stock Liquid and then flash to KT from that.. if you ar eon stock kernel from liquid, then just DL the KT10.31 and flash it. wipe cache/davlik and fix perms after you flash it..

however,, i think all phones are diff.. for instance, like said, i couldnt get LK to work but could KT, others are other way around.. yours could maybe not like KT.... but give my way a try if you haven't that way... i know when ive flashed from one to the ot her (LK to KT or KT to LK, ive had issues..) my current ROM i got the same issues.. went back to the stock PK and then flashed KT and works fine.. so give that a try and lemme know how it goes

nookie1129

Mar 3, 2011
I don't use instagram but I do have flicker issues with handcent and random others. The text flickers happen when I open a text thread or when I flip to landscape and back

I also notice it pretty bad when watching video. If I adjust the volume the controls are tiled all over the screen when disappearing

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
To all users,

Please don't think that your feedback is not being looked into. Several of the issues that were brought to light by you all have been fixed (the screen transition thing for one)

Incase you don't receive a reply it doesn't mean that we aren't reading :)

As to personal messages, I have replied to each and every one I think. I try my best.

p.s - thanks Zugshad for your support here.

DarthDerron

Sep 28, 2012
GTA, Ontario
Speaking of LeanKernel, Im using the system settings as tweaker but it will not let me change the I/O from sio to deadline. Whenever I select it, it automatically goes back to Sio, but I can change the governor no problem. Anyone else have this issue? Should I reflash?

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
To all users,

Please don't think that your feedback is not being looked into. Several of the issues that were brought to light by you all have been fixed (the screen transition thing for one)

Incase you don't receive a reply it doesn't mean that we aren't reading :)

As to personal messages, I have replied to each and every one I think. I try my best.

p.s - thanks Zugshad for your support here.

Your welcome Toxic.. try to help where i can when i can.. just always correct me if anything say wrong :p as I am no where near a dev status ;P

Speaking of LeanKernel, Im using the system settings as tweaker but it will not let me change the I/O from sio to deadline. Whenever I select it, it automatically goes back to Sio, but I can change the governor no problem. Anyone else have this issue? Should I reflash?

I have heard issues with using the Rom Control.. you might want to try downloading and using either SetCPU or System Tuner from the play store.. Those are two that most recommend. I personally use SetCPU and never had issues with it.

noahattic

Nov 17, 2009
Vancouver
Well, if you are trying to flash straight from LK's kernel to KTs that could be why.. i would recommend flashing back to stock Liquid and then flash to KT from that.. if you ar eon stock kernel from liquid, then just DL the KT10.31 and flash it. wipe cache/davlik and fix perms after you flash it..

however,, i think all phones are diff.. for instance, like said, i couldnt get LK to work but could KT, others are other way around.. yours could maybe not like KT.... but give my way a try if you haven't that way... i know when ive flashed from one to the ot her (LK to KT or KT to LK, ive had issues..) my current ROM i got the same issues.. went back to the stock PK and then flashed KT and works fine.. so give that a try and lemme know how it goes

Thanks very much for your tip!! :) I will give it a try. This Rom is one of my favorites since CNA stopped supporting SGSIII. I hope it works :)

Just a little question here: What do you mean by "stock Liquid" ?? I believe LK is shipped with this rom by default?? Or you meant to flash the stock CM kernel and then flash the KT one??

P.S.

Can anyone get 4.2 camera working with this rom??? I flashed in the camera app and took some pictures without any problem at the first time. Then at the second time I using the app, it just frozen and then gave me an error saying "cannot connect to camera".... I assume that is the kernel compatibility issue??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    liquidpooga.png

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    As a team, we are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms :)

Ours is an open source project. Please feel free to look at our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Furthermore, we also extend our gratitude to AOKP, Team CNA and Team EOS for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

Credit: Eric Hobart

liq0003group4.png

Our links are hosted on goo.im for the moment, as our website seems to need better load testing...

Liquid RC9

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Nocoast

Hiemanshu

ToxicThunder

RaymanFX

DaGr8

DG4Prez

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourselves update on the go!

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work ?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation -

Core Developers

Device Maintainers and Support Team

--
    37453622083127471528998.jpg

RELEASED :D

(now put that thanks button below on fire, just to make me feel good :p)
    New builds uploading... :D

Hopefully will solve all previous issues.

(Now press that button ;) )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Have a bug to report?

Now track the status of your issue on -

logo.png

http://bugtracker.liquidsmooth.net

--

Quick Tips:​

◘ Make sure you do a Full Wipe and then flash the ROM.

DO NOT restore data via Titanium Backup. More often than not it will cause stupid issues.

Lean Kernel, as verified by Woodrube and antiochasylum (Thanks!) works rather well on this build

◘ If you have done all that, and still face issues please post a logcat. (Search on how to do that)

◘ For battery related issues, please post a relevant screenshot from an app like Better Battery Stats etc.

No logcat or no screenshot effectively means your issue doesn't exist :)

--
    RC 9 is now available on our brand new website :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium