Installing KK on KFHD, too confusing, help appreciated

Search This thread

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
Hey guys, I've got a KFHD 7" running system 7.4.9 and I was able to root it today successfully and I would like to install the LiquidSmotth 4.4.4 ROM on it.

The problem that I'm having is that I need a recovery likw TWRP 2.7+ but the instructions are way too complicated and they mention a 2nd bootloader which requires a special cable, what the hell, is it that complex?

I appreciate if anyone can point out a more human way of getting TWRP 2.7 or CWM for KK on my Kindle v 7.4.9.

Thanks!

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
Hey guys, I've got a KFHD 7" running system 7.4.9 and I was able to root it today successfully and I would like to install the LiquidSmotth 4.4.4 ROM on it.

The problem that I'm having is that I need a recovery likw TWRP 2.7+ but the instructions are way too complicated and they mention a 2nd bootloader which requires a special cable, what the hell, is it that complex?

I appreciate if anyone can point out a more human way of getting TWRP 2.7 or CWM for KK on my Kindle v 7.4.9.

Thanks!

Alright. Let's get you started.
First of all,use the Kindle fire system restore tool to downgrade to 7.4.6 OR 7.2.3. Either will do. Next,root it using the Bin4ry tool and download the TWRP 2.7.0.0 image with the freedom boot image that is corresponding to your software version. Then,flash them using FireFlash or Flasher or manual method.
Bingo.

Sent from my device running CyanogenMod 11

Reactions: theplagueisback

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
First of all,use the Kindle fire system restore tool to downgrade to 7.4.6 OR 7.2.3. Either will do. Next,root it using the Bin4ry tool and download the TWRP 2.7.0.0 image with the freedom boot image that is corresponding to your software version. Then,flash them using FireFlash or Flasher or manual method.
Bingo.

Hi man, I'm getting "No such file or directory" when I try to reboot in fastboot mode, here's the output:

Code:
C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
D025A0A024121UQQ       device

C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell su -c "reboot bootloader"
[-] exec: No such file or directory

C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>

When I ran that command on the Kindle I got a root prompt and I allowed it.

Under the device manager I have listed: N2A ADB Mode / Kindle ADB Mode | HD 7

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
Hi man, I'm getting "No such file or directory" when I try to reboot in fastboot mode, here's the output:

Code:
C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
D025A0A024121UQQ       device

C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell su -c "reboot bootloader"
[-] exec: No such file or directory

C:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools>

When I ran that command on the Kindle I got a root prompt and I allowed it.

Under the device manager I have listed: N2A ADB Mode / Kindle ADB Mode | HD 7

Turn it off,type in this:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
and plug it in.

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
This command will work with a normal cable if you have root.

So I ran it again and it kept says "waiting for device", my Kindle is rooted with "Mulai Root" and I used root checker to confirm that it is rooted.

1. I turned the Kindle off.
  2. I issued the command on the command prompt.
  3. The command prompt said "waiting for device".
  4. I plugged in the USB cable.
  5. The Kindle turned on.
  6. The Kindle booted all the way to the launcher.
  7. The command prompt kept saying "waiting for device".

I would appreciate any more ideas.
Thank you!

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
So I ran it again and it kept says "waiting for device", my Kindle is rooted with "Mulai Root" and I used root checker to confirm that it is rooted.

5. The Kindle turned on.

Thank you!

Odd... can you use FireFlash?

Reactions: theplagueisback

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
The culprit was the chinese or vietnamise root, I rooted again using qemu and now I was able to boot into fastboot mode.

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
I hae a big problem, I sued the Kindle Fire First Aid to restore to 7.2.3 and now my kindle stays on the boot logo.
How can I restore it now?

EDIT: Never mind, it actually booted up.

Last edited:

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
Hey, I managed to get downgraded and now I'm on this part:

TWRP 2.7.0.0 image with the freedom boot image that is corresponding to your software version.

I'm confused if I should install a 2nd-bootloader or not, I installed fire flash already, let me know if you can help me with a link with the next steps to perform.

Thanks

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
I think I kind of managed to do it, the problem now is that TWRP loads but the ROM I flashed didn't boot (Liquid Smotth 4.4.4), I'm going to start a new thread.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

Bingo.

The problem is, I don't have a fastboot cable and I would like to try to enter fastboot without buying that cable if possible.

This command will work with a normal cable if you have root.

5. The Kindle turned on.

Thank you!

Odd... can you use FireFlash?