[Q] SHV-E140 Hardbrick Help!

Search This thread

Quantra

Oct 15, 2013
My GT 8.9 lte (Korean Version) is hardbricked.

What i did
okay so first i installed SGH-i957 cm10 rom and it did boot but i had to turn back to stock rom bc i had only 128mb for internal memory and it was partition on SDCARD1.

so i turned back into stock and i tried to fix the problem so i decided to clear cache and etc before i flash the rom. and also i saw that they said to use twrp recovery so i tried to find how to upload img file on my tablet then and i just installed rom manger and goo manger(i didnt install recovery from that tho)

but they didnt have option to install img file so i found out that if you use terminal with this code (su) (dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096) you could install recovery so i used it (dd if=/sdcard/twrp214.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096) and then i used titanium to backup all of my info and i restarted my tab and booom it was hardbricked TT (i also saw some cm10 apps when i was doing backup i guess stock didnt erase the files so that could be reason too)

Whats not working
Black screen (not even glowing)
Won't detect on the computer so no odin no adb
its not even on apx mode
all combinations of buttons doesnt work no recovery no download mode

so i tried turning on while tab is plugged on wall/pc but still doesnt work
also i tried taking out battery and tried it again but failed again (i cracked my screen on second try while opening my tab)

Method
i tried charging it for 20hours but failed
i tried dying my battery and also failed again
but im still trying both method.

Weird Sound
i found out that when i push power button i hear beep sound from top right corner and i hear tic tic sound while charging(i guess that beep sound is replacing booting vibration bc it takes 8sec to make that sound after i pushed the power button and to hear the sound i have to keep pushing the power button. and then after that beep it just keep making beep sound per sec. but both of this sound is super quiet so i have to put my ear at tablet.(combinations of buttons are same, tab only focused on turning on when i press other buttons with power button

Also after dying my battery, my tab wont make the beep sound without charger. but its still charges bc i could hear the beep sound without 8sec of delay when i plug charger while pressing power button .

so if i have no answer, im going to try this:
1.Unbrickable Mod (but i dont know how to find the ox stuff or mapping and im not sure if galaxy tab unbrickable mod will work)
2.Samsung (since my bro works at there and he is in developing team)
3.Jtag (im not sure if they provide Korean GT-8.9 but no choice if their isnt anyway) www . youtube.com/watch?v=BgL5vWRwh5k

Help ME!

Last edited:
Reactions: A R T A K

Inl

Feb 2, 2014
you should go with option 2 (from the beginning and even now)

I had the exact same problem in my friend's galaxy win,
he asked me to root it and I did, but after rooting the phone, when I reboot it shows error,
and goes after it normally to system (with root in it), anyway this isn't the point.
The point is I assumed that this error was caused by the custom recovery,
so I had to flash the original one, but since the galaxy win is not popular at all,
I couldn't find a flashable stock kernel, so I had to create one.
I extracted the kernel from the stock tar ROM [from samsung website]
and put the command to flash it, and here is where the big mistake happened.
I tried a similar command to yours, and boom the device wont even show samsung logo or connect to adb.
I couldn't find a software solution, so I told my friend to take it to samsung and he did, and they fixed it for free [it was in the warranty period]

I find out the real cause of this problem, and it was:
when I searched for the command, I took it from other device's forum,
and later (after the break) I read that not all phones has the same partitions,
so when I flashed the recovery I entered ...../dev/block/mmcblk0p2
and that is where the kernel or the bootloader stays in galaxy win (not the recovery),
I should have entered ...../dev/block/mmcblk0p4 instead.

So when the recovery was placed in kernel's or bootloader's place,
the phone(or tablet) won't have the right data to start booting,
that is the case, sorry for the long story,
I hope it'll help you:angel:

Reactions: A R T A K

Quantra

Oct 15, 2013

he asked me to root it and I did, but after rooting the phone, when I reboot it shows error,
and goes after it normally to system (with root in it), anyway this isn't the point.
so I had to flash the original one, but since the galaxy win is not popular at all,
I tried a similar command to yours, and boom the device wont even show samsung logo or connect to adb.
I couldn't find a software solution, so I told my friend to take it to samsung and he did, and they fixed it for free [it was in the warranty period]

and that is where the kernel or the bootloader stays in galaxy win (not the recovery),

Thx

Quantra

Oct 15, 2013

What i did
okay so first i installed SGH-i957 cm10 rom and it did boot but i had to turn back to stock rom bc i had only 128mb for internal memory and it was partition on SDCARD1.

so i turned back into stock and i tried to fix the problem so i decided to clear cache and etc before i flash the rom. and also i saw that they said to use twrp recovery so i tried to find how to upload img file on my tablet then and i just installed rom manger and goo manger(i didnt install recovery from that tho)

but they didnt have option to install img file so i found out that if you use terminal with this code (su) (dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096) you could install recovery so i used it (dd if=/sdcard/twrp214.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096) and then i used titanium to backup all of my info and i restarted my tab and booom it was hardbricked TT (i also saw some cm10 apps when i was doing backup i guess stock didnt erase the files so that could be reason too)

Whats not working
its not even on apx mode

also i tried taking out battery and tried it again but failed again (i cracked my screen on second try while opening my tab)

Method

Weird Sound
i found out that when i push power button i hear beep sound from top right corner and i hear tic tic sound while charging(i guess that beep sound is replacing booting vibration bc it takes 8sec to make that sound after i pushed the power button and to hear the sound i have to keep pushing the power button. and then after that beep it just keep making beep sound per sec. but both of this sound is super quiet so i have to put my ear at tablet.(combinations of buttons are same, tab only focused on turning on when i press other buttons with power button

Also after dying my battery, my tab wont make the beep sound without charger. but its still charges bc i could hear the beep sound without 8sec of delay when i plug charger while pressing power button .

1.Unbrickable Mod (but i dont know how to find the ox stuff or mapping and im not sure if galaxy tab unbrickable mod will work)
3.Jtag (im not sure if they provide Korean GT-8.9 but no choice if their isnt anyway) www . youtube.com/watch?v=BgL5vWRwh5k

Help ME!
still fixing TT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What i did

Whats not working
    its not even on apx mode

Method

Weird Sound

Help ME!

Are you sure your tab has the recovery partition at mmcblk0p6? If it doesn't you are not going to be able to recover from what you did .You'll have to see if it can be jtag'd

Sent from my Nexus 5

K thanks