Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 KitKat Rooting Question

Search This thread

Munky78

Jun 10, 2014
Has anyone got their Tab 3 7.0 rooted on 4.4.2 yet? If so please give links. Haven't been able to find anything regarding an updated method or files for the new firmware.

I have the sprint version, SM-T217S

gonzoadmin

Dec 12, 2012
East Hampton
Moto G Power
Nokia 5.4
Has anyone got their Tab 3 7.0 rooted on 4.4.2 yet? If so please give links. Haven't been able to find anything regarding an updated method or files for the new firmware.

I have the sprint version, SM-T217S

I was able to get rooted w/ TWRP using Odin 3.09.
I followed these instructions, but i did not use the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip, i used a different one I had on my sdcard already. I dont think it matters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2514821

the first time i attempted it failed and replaced TWRP with the stock recovery because i forgot to un-check the automatic reboot box.

My second attempt i *unchecked automatic reboot,* unplugged the tablet from my computer *before* rebooting it into recovery, worked just fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: mando41 and kkalkan

Munky78

Jun 10, 2014
Got TWRP installed just fine, but when I open SuperSU, it says there are no binaries installed.

Munky78

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks! Got it working perfectly! Got it all done while the wife slept....I'm sure she thanks you as well so she doesn't have to hear me ***** about something not working right. lol

Top Liked Posts