Sharper Screen On Later Model

Search This thread

dantay999

Jul 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Hi Guys, got a G Flex when they first came out and have been really happy with it so when I needed a new work phone i bought another one.
The new one has REV 1 in the model number and is obviously a later serial number.
Side by side next to each other both set to normal and full brightness the new one is much sharper, everything the screen displays is sharper for some reason, the resolution is exactly the same though obviously so how is this possible?
The original unit is running Jelly Bean based OS and the new one updated to Kit Kat which is also strange as they are both D955 and the old unit always says its OS is up to date when I check?
Has the change in OS sharpened the screen or have they change the screen or processing on later models?
Though someone on here might have some answers.

Cheers

cocous

Apr 11, 2009
Volos
Hi Guys, got a G Flex when they first came out and have been really happy with it so when I needed a new work phone i bought another one.
The new one has REV 1 in the model number and is obviously a later serial number.
Side by side next to each other both set to normal and full brightness the new one is much sharper, everything the screen displays is sharper for some reason, the resolution is exactly the same though obviously so how is this possible?
The original unit is running Jelly Bean based OS and the new one updated to Kit Kat which is also strange as they are both D955 and the old unit always says its OS is up to date when I check?
Has the change in OS sharpened the screen or have they change the screen or processing on later models?
Though someone on here might have some answers.

Cheers

how you check the rev?

cocous

Apr 11, 2009
Volos
It's on the bar code in the bottom left hand corner of the box, mine is MEZ65407931(1.1)BL The (1.1) was a (1.0) on my original unit so I'm assuming the (1.1) indicates a hardware revision.

Either way I'm pleased as the screen is so much nicer and also has less to no image retention.

Look i found and this.
Go to dialer and enter 3845#*955#
If you have another model try to change the last three numbers with your model. 3845#*xxx#
after go settings/version info/HW Version.
Mine is Rev1. :)
don't touch anything else inside there because you can damage your phone

Last edited:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I'm on the latest update 6/18. When I'm on tapatalk the black background looks black now as before it was like a light black. Lol. It looks a tad sharper.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
Mine seems sharper as well, but to this day I never once noticed the ghosting issue everyone talks about. Weird.... Thankfully!

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I bought my first Flex online but in order to get a deal on my 2nd Flex I had to return my 1st one. I didn't notice any ghosting on the first one but did on my 2nd one. After the 6-18 update I don't notice it but didn't really notice all that much. I'm very happy with the Flex especially the battery life and my Vest case/skin combo but I'm already wanting a new toy/phone.

To shoe her off...:laugh: I got the Vest case for $20 instead of $60 on Ebay from Korea. The skin was free since I did a review on it.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52869537&postcount=50

IMG_1553_zps7af1d432.jpg

Last edited:

fleurdelisxliv

Jan 19, 2011
Louisiana
I bought my first Flex online but in order to get a deal on my 2nd Flex I had to return my 1st one. I didn't notice any ghosting on the first one but did on my 2nd one. After the 6-18 update I don't notice it but didn't really notice all that much. I'm very happy with the Flex especially the battery life and my Vest case/skin combo but I'm already wanting a new toy/phone.

To shoe her off...:laugh: I got the Vest case for $20 instead of $60 on Ebay from Korea. The skin was free since I did a review on it.

IMG_1553_zps7af1d432.jpg

Man that looks good i think ima do the same but not with white. I bass fish a ton and white might get funky lol

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

Reactions: sweets55

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Man that looks good i think ima do the same but not with white. I bass fish a ton and white might get funky lol

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX
Flex on a boat..Yikes! hehe Yea it's showing a little wear on the sides. Maybe I could clean it. Took me a day to finally decide to get a white skin. lol I was going to get red being a Ohio State fan but doesn't look like a true red. Also thought about getting brown. Skin is on sale and only $5.99.
http://www.xgearlive.com/products/android/lg/exo-skin-6

fleurdelisxliv

Jan 19, 2011
Louisiana
Flex on a boat..Yikes! hehe Yea it's showing a little wear on the sides. Maybe I could clean it. Took me a day to finally decide to get a white skin. lol I was going to get red being a Ohio State fan but doesn't look like a true red. Also thought about getting brown. Skin is on sale and only $5.99.
http://www.xgearlive.com/products/android/lg/exo-skin-6

Thanks ill check that out and yea the flex gets lots of boat time lol! How else wld i take sweet pics of the fish i caught hehe
rebe4avu.jpg
rusu7yma.jpg
4e5agu6a.jpg

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

Reactions: sweets55

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I'm on my 3rd flex now; the first 2 had absolutely no ghosting or other screen issues, but this third one was horrible..Until i got on kitkat, and since then, no screen issues at all anymore..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it might be placebo effect, but since the kitkat update, I dont have any where near as much of the screen retention problem that was so horrible on 4.2..Maybe there is a new graphics driver in 4.4..

IMG_1553_zps7af1d432.jpg
    No revision, original version
    Yeah, unless it's there and I am to blind to see it, haha!

Yeah, unless it's there and I am to blind to see it, haha!

Mine is a rev 1.0 just checked. I can see the ghosting less on this one than the other i had but like i said ive seen it on all that ive seen. Your not blind your just looking away :p

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX