Originally Posted by austriak
Does Motorola Connect use much battery?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
I don't believe it uses a lot of battery. It didn't on mine. I started using moto connect but it seems still in its beta stages. If you like moto connect I might suggest trying the mightytext app. They have been doing the text from computer stuff for a lot longer. I was using it previously and switched back to this until moto connect becomes more reliable. The contacts sometimes appear for some people. i had it both ways. Reinstalling at one point made them all appear. But I don't like the pop-out windows much.
Differences/similarities between connect and mightytext:
1. both use a chrome extension and have pop ups in the bottom right corner of your screen
2. MT pops up an individual conversation between you and the other person while I believe the connect just pulled a pop up of all of your text (this was one of my biggest issues)
3. MC lagged more with me when sending texts and then marking that it had sent texts in comparison to MT
4. MT has a webpage that has all of your text on it while MC does a pop out from the chrome extension button that when you click anything else not in the box it goes away. But you can click the pop out button there so MC will make a different window, but it seems to reload messages when it does this
5. Sometimes when viewing the texts from the chrome extension pop out and the actual pop out window in MC they didn't match
6. sometimes in MC it will show the text someone sent but not have loaded the ones I sent yet but it did eventually load. This happened especially when I sent the text manually from my phone as opposed to from my computer while using MC.
as for your other questions. I really think this phone might be a good buy because of its hardware. I feel like the development of touchless controls and other apps that may use the same hardware in the future could get huge. Other phones won't be able to do this because they don't have the low power processor. Also active notifications can become highly improved. Further there is an led light on the phone but I nor anywhere I have read has figured out how to utilize it if we decided we wanted the led light as well as active notifications. Also, the camera technology allowing better action shots isn't that great right now but it can be improved greatly over time. And finally, many of the areas that things can be improved on are more apps then big updates that will need to be released by google, so they will hopefully get to your phone faster, e.g., touchelss controls, active notifications, etc..