[ROM][22-MAR-2012][TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC1 - 2.6.35.14 Kernel (V1.1 - 22OCT) ]

Search This thread

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Just curious, are you running the 21MAY or 22MAY version? If you installed "Android Terminal Emulator" from Jack Palevich, that one should work. At least it did for me when I tried it.

Also, I believe that you should be able to bring up a terminal emulator by running "Dev Tools" and then selecting "Terminal Emulator". Not as convenient as from the drawer, but another option.

I will add something to a future version. Currently still reviewing what might be missing or broken for the next update.

This build was put together pretty quickly over a couple of days, so I expect there is still plenty of opportunity for buffing and polishing.

was using the 22 version and the zta Te from market didn't try the Dev tools didn't even think of that... thanks for the speedy response am going to try again here in a few once I get the Kiddos to bed will let ya know how it goes

everything running slick as glass man the te you suggested worked the one on Dev tools wouldn't let me input numbers just letters so I grabbed the one you listed. just fyi am running the 22 build (tgf)data2ext ext2 honeycomb3d theme for the theme chooser and pushing ondemand 245/748 with 112 apps runs super fast no lag and boots quicker than any I've tried don't know what you did but it works. thanks
Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Last edited:

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Been running this since day one with 0 issues so far. My battery life seems noticeably better than aospCMod which I wasnt expecting tbh. Everything is running smooth and fast with no issues. Im on the first build without the cmparts and mtd set at 110 18.

If there is any way to improve on this rom I wont ever need to upgrade again :D

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Been running this since day one with 0 issues so far. My battery life seems noticeably better than aospCMod which I wasnt expecting tbh. Everything is running smooth and fast with no issues. Im on the first build without the cmparts and mtd set at 110 18.

If there is any way to improve on this rom I wont ever need to upgrade again :D

What are your cpu settings? What have you done to get noticeably better battery life?

Pyr0TeK

Mar 11, 2010
Isle of Android
What are your cpu settings? What have you done to get noticeably better battery life?
Sorry to chime in here as I am running CM7 and not this rom currently but I would suggest loading AutoKiller and go under settings, advanced system tweaks and check the options you want. I have them all checked and I get great battery life on CM7. I am also running SetCPU at 176/691.

snap20110524_180011.jpg

Reactions: modchipper

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Sorry to chime in here as I am running CM7 and not this rom currently but I would suggest loading AutoKiller and go under settings, advanced system tweaks and check the options you want. I have them all checked and I get great battery life on CM7. I am also running SetCPU at 176/691.

snap20110524_180011.jpg

Thanks I will definitely give this a try!

bravo1565

Jun 6, 2010
Is there a difference between this rom from jaybob and aosp rom

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

coffeehandle

Apr 21, 2011
Indiana

snap20110524_180011.jpg

Doesnt that conflict with the CMParts?
Or is that regarding CPU levels?

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
This ROM is built from source using Android and CM repos. It is AOSP flavored, although some key CM7 elements are included. The build has gone through several iterations, and seems to be fairly complete. After the standard 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, Phone, Camera, Browser, Wifi, Market, Maps, GPS, etc. all appear functional.

This is an ODEXed build and currently uses the CM frameworks/base, along with a number of other CM components.

Original posted build.
AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-21MAY

Additional build with CMParts, FileManager, and Theme Support added.
AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-22MAY

25MAY Update - some cleanup and restore a few missing items (i.e. openvpn, rzscontrol, etc.)
AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-25MAY

Thanks for the update.

raz699

Jun 13, 2008
Denver
I would really like to give this a whirl but I am having issues. Rom installs fine but no sign of gapps anywhere with Firerats so I upped the Mtd to 110 and still nothing, no gapps. Installed without firerats and......still no gapps. Tried 3/25 then 3/7 Using CWM 3.1.0.1
Rom boots fast, looks great and is speedy as hell though. Any thoughts?

Edit. No Dialer for me either. Get a black screen for a few seconds then back to home. Home back and search buttons don't do anything either on any screen???? Weird!

Last edited:
Still no go, tried Firerats though at 110 20

Edit No go without firerats either
Have you ever had this issue with any other roms before? I have with certain roms due to my phone and not the Rom itself. Try " fix flash" by savvyx4 in the hero cdma development section. It will let you know of any files are corrupted while flashing and fix those that are. You could try ruuing and then coming back to this rom as well. I have seen that used as a fix when this issue arises. I know the frustration.
Did you flash a new recovery when you tried without firerat's to blow the rat out or use the removal tool? Just some thoughts off of the top of my head.

Flashing IS a gateway drug!

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
I'm on 110/18 mtd and it works perfectly with the latest gapps from aospcmod.

I did experience the same bug with Evervolv and the omgb ports with the gapps. Md5 sum checked out so I don't think it's download related. I did a full wipe, installed aospcmod with gapps and no firerats then did a full wipe again and flashed omgb with gapps and firerats and it seemed to work.

I've been on the first version of this rom since the first hour Jaybob posted it and strangely and sadly this rom fixed my flash addiction. I quit following rom threads altogether. I don't know what it is but in my experience Aospcmod and every other rom i've tried always malfunctions in some way or another and within a week I experience some kind of memory leak or other minor issues. With this rom, nothing. It's very stable and fast and aosp/stock feeling. I love it.

Reactions: vayman

raz699

Jun 13, 2008
Denver
Have you ever had this issue with any other roms before? I have with certain roms due to my phone and not the Rom itself. Try " fix flash" by savvyx4 in the hero cdma development section. It will let you know of any files are corrupted while flashing and fix those that are. You could try ruuing and then coming back to this rom as well. I have seen that used as a fix when this issue arises. I know the frustration.
Did you flash a new recovery when you tried without firerat's to blow the rat out or use the removal tool? Just some thoughts off of the top of my head.

Flashing IS a gateway drug!

Never had the problem before, recently upgraded to cwm 3.1 wonder if that is giving me grief. Having some nandroid issues with that.

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
I would really like to give this a whirl but I am having issues. Rom installs fine but no sign of gapps anywhere with Firerats so I upped the Mtd to 110 and still nothing, no gapps. Installed without firerats and......still no gapps. Tried 3/25 then 3/7 Using CWM 3.1.0.1
Rom boots fast, looks great and is speedy as hell though. Any thoughts?

Edit. No Dialer for me either. Get a black screen for a few seconds then back to home. Home back and search buttons don't do anything either on any screen???? Weird!

I don't know if I'm reading correct, but are you flashing gapps? If not, that's why gapps don't appear cause they aren't built into the ROM.

raz699

Jun 13, 2008
Denver
Has anyone flashed the 25th without flashing any other previous version? I guess I will try an older one and see if it works for me.
Edit. Tried all 3 releases with same result. This rom hates my phone or vice versa. Loved your builds in the past jaybob but I officially give up.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is built from source using Android and CM repos. It is AOSP flavored, although some key CM7 elements are included. The build has gone through several iterations, and seems to be fairly complete. After the standard 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, Phone, Camera, Browser, Wifi, Market, Maps, GPS, etc. all appear functional.

This is an ODEXed build and currently uses the CM frameworks/base, along with a number of other CM components.

As of the 04JUN version, this ROM has a 2.6.35 kernel installed by default. This kernel is still in initial stages of development and testing. If you are having problems, you can trying flashing another kernel. I also recommend setting your minimum cpu frequency to 352, or you may have (even more) trouble getting the camera to work.

As of the 06JUN version, added the disable 9016 notification option to the Messaging app settings. Thanks to kushdeck/evervolv for the source for this addition. In addition, the default cpu frequency settings have been changed to 691/352.

If you are flashing over a version prior to 06JUN, please make sure to re-flash gapps as well, or you will be missing the gapps components. This has been fixed when flashing newer updates over ROMS from 06JUN forward. (i.e. 08JUN over 06JUN)

Kernel Info
    While the .35 kernel used here seems to work quite well for the majority, there are some who will have issues due to the particular device being used. Please remember that this is still a work in progress and will continue to be developed, but it will take some time between versions due to the complexity involved. If your device doesn't work well with the .35 kernel, you can flash the old kernel for the time being.
    KERN-2.6.29.zip

KERNEL UPDATE

The 01SEP version has a new source base combining board files from the previous version with a new source base from the GSM Hero github of Riemer and Erasmux (big thanks). After 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, and a few updates, everything appears to be working with this version. Not a lot of mileage yet, so as always, nandroid is your friend.

01-SEP-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Kernel updated to new 2.6.35.14 source; Fixed WiFi error on V1
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01SEP-V2.zip

01-OCT-2011 Sync with CM sources; Kernel updated to 10-SEP 2.6.35.14 source; Redirected to CM Repos while kernel.org is down
    This has a significant change to the source base due to the use of CM repos, and a limited amount of testing. Please be safe.
    Predictive text is not currently working. It is being looked at.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT.zip

01-OCT-2011 V2 UPDATE Sync with CM/AM sources; Kernel updated to 10-SEP 2.6.35.14 source; Redirected to CM & AM (Android Mirror) Repos while kernel.org is down
    This has a significant change to the source base due to the use of different repos, and a limited amount of testing. Please be safe.
    There are two versions - CM (all kernel.org repos switched to CM repos), and AM (many kernel.org repos switched to github android mirrors, others to CM).
    Predictive text should now be working, along with Screenshots and USB Tether, which were also missing in the previous version.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT-CM-V2.zip (CyanogenMod Repos)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT-AM-V2.zip (Github Android Mirrors & CM Repos)

03-OCT-2011 Redirect and sync to CM & AM (Android Mirror) Repos while kernel.org is down. Update build repo to reflect 2.3.7 version. This is primarily a cosmetic change to get the 2.3.7 version numbering along with some other small changes.

There are two versions - CM (all kernel.org repos switched to CM repos), and AM (many kernel.org repos switched to github android mirrors, others to CM).
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-03OCT-CM.zip (CyanogenMod Repos)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-03OCT-AM.zip (Github Android Mirrors & CM Repos)

22-OCT-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Back to single build using new Google/Android repositories. Lots of updates included from CM as well. This also includes the updated 22OCT 2.6.35.14 kernel.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-22OCT.zip

03-NOV-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Updated to align with latest CM7. This also includes the updated 22OCT 2.6.35.14 kernel.
    TeamHeroC-03NOV.zip

30-NOV-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources. Current version 7.2.0-RC0. Most of my effort will continue to be focused on ICS, so probably no updates other than aligning with any future major CM releases.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC0-30NOV.zip

19-JAN-2012 Sync with AOSP/CM sources on 19JAN. Current version 7.2.X, since code updates, but no version updates have occurred since 7.2.0-RC0. Currently no plans for continuing updates barring unexpected CM updates.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.X-19JAN.zip

22-MAR-2012 Sync with AOSP/CM sources on 22JAN. Current version 7.2.0-RC1 to align with CM update.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC1-22MAR.zip
    MISC

Building the ROM
    This assumes that you have or are able to get a build environment set up.
    • repo init -u git://github.com/TeamHeroC/manifest_aosp_heroc.git
    • repo sync
    • . build/envsetup.sh
    • lunch aosp_heroc-eng
    • mka bacon
    • ./vendor/aosp/tools/squisher

This will produce the ROM in the out/target/product/heroc/ directory.

Kernel source is the latest TeamHeroC 2.6.35 version, and can be found here.

Older Versions

21-MAY-2011 Original posted build.
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-21MAY

22-MAY-2011 Additional build with CMParts, FileManager, and Theme Support added.
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-22MAY

25-MAY-2011 Some cleanup and restore a few missing items (i.e. openvpn, rzscontrol, etc.)
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-25MAY

30-MAY-2011 Sync sources and update build
    AOSP-HeroC-30MAY.zip

04-JUN-2011 Sync sources and update to 2.6.35 kernel [UPDATED to fix WIFI - V2]
    AOSP-HeroC-04JUN-V2.zip

06-JUN-2011 Sync sources; default cpu freq 691/352; add disable 9016 notifications option [from kushdeck/evervolv]
    TeamHeroC-GB-2.3.4-06JUN2011.zip

08-JUN-2011 Sync sources; fix backuptool.sh; fix autocomplete (dictionaries)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-08JUN.zip

13-JUN-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13JUN.zip

01-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources [Updated to fix root issue]
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-01JUL-update.zip

08-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources, includes screenshot & gps updates.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-08JUL.zip

24-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-24JUL.zip

13-AUG-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13AUG.zip

14-AUG-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Version Change 2.3.5
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-14AUG.zip
    Update Posted - 03-OCT-2011 - Update versioning to 2.3.7

The 03OCT versions have been posted to the OP. This is primarily a change to get the version strings updated to Android 2.3.7. Other than that, there is not much difference between this and the 01OCT V2 release.

Apologies to those of you who make major modifications for the multiple releases in such a short time-frame. Just wanted to get everything aligned and up to date.
    Update Posted - 30-NOV-2011

Update posted to OP.

Sync with AOSP/CM sources. Current version 7.2.0-RC0+.

This may be the end of the road (at least close) for this ROM. Most of my limited time will continue to be focused on ICS, so likely no updates unless there are new major CM releases (i.e. new RC or final versions) or other significant reasons for release.

This has not had much testing, so be safe. Primarily an update for currency and comparison/testing purposes for ICS development.
    Update Posted - 22-MAR-2012

Update posted to OP to align with CM 7.2.0-RC1.