[ROM] H2O ROM [MA5] 2/11/13 link up

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    H2O

Hi welcome to the H2O rom. This is one of my first roms. I have made many themes for many devices, and have recently started trying to make roms. THIS IS FOR THE "LK8" leak. I plan on doing many things with this rom, and plan on updating it as our phone updates, and as you the users come up with suggestions and ideas. I am in no way a control freak, and would like this to be an open project. If any real developers or members of the community want to contribute or help it is more than welcome and appreciated.

WHAT IS THIS? This is a modified stock rom of the recently leaked lk8 update. I have added many mods to this rom and themed it out.

DISCLAMER: Because i have to. me xda nor anyone here are responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong with your phone. Lets keep this forumn friendly and please be considerate. NO ETAS! I know this is a beta and we will work through everything together just be patient i have big plans for this rom. no flaming what so ever. lets make this a great rom together.

HOW TO FLASH: You can flash this in custom recovery just like any other rom here. CAUTION! this is for people that have updated to the lk8 firmware, and such files. I have not tried flashing this on old firmware versions. It more than likely wont work but you can try if you want but you have been warned! Other than that i would do a complete wipe factory reset before flashing, but if you are already on the updated rom you can flash over it will not erase data. but if you flash dirty do not post problems here thank you.

UPDATING OPTION: if you are currently on ljc you can flash the all in one ljc to lk8 update for the firmware and such. thenflash this rom. i had to flash the all in one twice for everything to update but it did work. https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kh1d22p5xt2ioqs/LJC-LK8-All-In-One.zip?dl=1 make sure to go to that thread and thank those guys.

THE GOODS:
    • LK8 android 4.1.2
    • deodexed
    • rooted
    • busybox
    • super user
    • initid
    • fully themed rom
    • touch wiz launcher thmed and rotation enabled
    • multivew apps unlimited mod and themed
    • 4 in one boot menu
    • zip aligned apks
    • removed boot animation sounds

RC3 requires a fresh install if you are coming from another ROM.
    Edit: WORKING WIFI in mods section download and install.
    RC3 LINK: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390244042945593412

MA5 INSTRUCTIONS
    Ok so what you need to do is if you are on lk8 firmware or another firmware download the all in one firmware upgrade zip, and MA5 ROM, next boot into recovery and flash the all in one firmware zip, next do a full wipe and then flash the rom. You should be good to go at this point. If you are on the ma5 firmware already but an lk8 or ljc rom then you will only need the new rom and to do a full wipe before flashing new rom. if you are on ma5 firmware already, and a ma5 deodexed rom, then you can maybe get away with a dirty flash but I don't recommend it.

MA5 ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474224
    MA5 ALL IN ONE FIRMWARE UPDATE ZIP: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471951

THANKS: Big thanks to sextape, viperboy, and everyone who contributed to getting us the lk8, and ma5 update and base rom.Dsixda for the android kitchen which allows me to dev what a great piece of work, Devabhishak from omega team for his glass theme i used many of the pngs from his theme to theme this rom, also joshbeach for his facebook ice apk and youtube 2 apk, also sleshepic for a problem he firgured out for me. Im sure there are people i am forgetting , and i apologize for that if you think you deserve credit for anything in this rom just pm me and ill add you:eek:

Screenshots recent as of rc1:D
    CHANGE LOG:
    12/10/12 beta2

added 1% battery script to systemui
    changed androidpolicy.jar
    changed services.jar
    editted some more .pngs
    fixed battery stats showing correctly
    fixed multi app working correctly now
    changed out some png files to display themed signal bars

12/10/12 beta 2.1
    editted systemui xmls for battery stats now working
    editted buildprop for streaming apps fix
    editted csc ##data now working (YOU LET ME KNOW)

12/11/12 beta 3
    added lidroid 23 toggles mod
    added 23 toggles settings app
    themed toggles
    added transparent pulldown background
    systemui editted

12/12/12 beta 3.1
    removed 23 toggle mod from rom
    editted systemui for transparent pulldown background
    decompiled recompiled overall rom zipaligned apks
    set permisions for custom bootanimations (will have custom one for first stable release)
    For people doing fresh install please let boot up and do setup before you flash toggle mod and all will be right with the world!

RC_1 12/21/2012
    Added persus kernel alpha 29 ( works very well with this rom and new camera)
    new phone with recording capabilities (themed out) credit to josh beach for making this work on our phones.
    added adobe flash player
    open vpn support
    Acid sound enhancements which includes:
    Beats Audio by Dr Dre (Powerfull bass)
    - Clearbass Sound by Sony (Clear Bass)
    - Xloud by SonyEricsson (higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker)
    - Dolby Digital Sound (Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting)
    - Surround Sound (Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support)
    - Alsa by Walkman (Audio resampling and driver activation for android phone)
    - Dynamic Bass by Walkman (more Bass frequence and better bass support)
    - DSP Manager by Cyanogen Team (Eq setting support overall more powerfull sound)
    - Audio resampling from Sony Xperia T (NEW!)
    - Clearbass audio setting from Xperia T (NEW! Bass even clearer and deeper than before!)
    - Sony Walkman Player ( NEW! now with Xperia V style!)
    overall sound improvement louder and removed camer shutter sounds
    camera mods:
    Camera "Unable to start while in a call" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camera Add Power button as a shutter to built in Volume keys
    Camera Enable "Shutter Sound On/Off" permanently
    Camcorder "Unable to record while in a call" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder "Can't use flash on low battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder "Low Battery" Alert Disabled
    Camcorder Add Power button as a shutter to built in Volume keys
    Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
    Video Quality:
    1080p: Normal - 17MBit / Fine - 24MBit / Superfine - 30MBit
    720p: Normal - 9MBit / Fine - 13MBit / Superfine - 17MBit
    Sound Quality:
    192 kbit/s
    48000 KHz
    wifi tether working (must install from phone to work. link in post 3)
    Added pimp my rom (this app will allow you to trick out your rom, and if you dont like or want somthing you can just take it off. on a side note i have tried everything in this app and it plays very well with this rom.)
    removed boot up sounds and sprint bootup animation
    15 toggles mod incorporated into base rom
    many smali, and xml changes for overall theming:
    more blue
    custom pulldown with blue background transparent
    center clock ( allows notifications to scroll over clock)
    modded apks transparent music player
    custom wallpapers added to default wallpapers
    fixed keyboard theming issues for background
    Many more minor theme changes overall
    big thanks to the acid audio guys for all there hard work .

RC2 12/23/12
    updated and replaced facebook and dropbox (moved to data so they will update properly)
    fixed music player
    couple other small changes requires fresh install so files move and are located in proper spot.

RC3 12/27/12
    custom boot animation added
    gps fixed (now locks)
    web redirect fixed (clicking on shortcuts and other web issues fixed)
    added crt animation (seems to be working fine)
    few other system tweaks

MA5 V1 2/11/13
    MA5 android 4.1.2 system
    H2O themed
    deodexed
    15 toggles mod
    4 in one reboot options
    all apps multiwindow mod
    xposed framework installer
    per app dpi changer
    rooted
    busy box
    stock MA5 kernel
    flashplayer
    bootanimation changer
    pimp my rom
    advance camera with abilitty to turn off shutter sound
    youtube 2 (themed thanks josh beach)
    transparent weather clock widget
    many more under the hood tweaks will update this later!
    update

Well guys here is the latest. I have recently gained access to some very expensive high tech state of the art software, which allows me to now edit and work with stuff I never dreamed of. What does this mean for us? Well I am not a huge benchmark person at all, but I just scored 20000 on anutu while playing angry birds at the same time as test in multi window mode with pandora playing in the background and constantly changing screen size and orientation. While all this was happening I had zero lag what so ever. Kernel is maxed out yet my battery life seems doubled but only more testing will prove this. I believe next version will be H2O V1. Please no etas! A lot is going into this and I hope to have somthing unseen on this or any other device. Over the next couple weeks I will have people test certain things for me randomly. Im very excited and just wanted to post to let you know where im at with things. With that said im very tired and going to bed lol.
    Rc1 is up !

Ok guys rc1 is ready to go. You will need to do a full wipe before flashing if you dont please do not post problems. Also if you use titanium backup to restore apps and data you might run into problems so if you do that please do not post problems. There are a ton of new features in this release, you can now toggle shutter sounds off and on from the camera settings, you can now record phone calls with the new phone app, there is a quickpannel settings app to pick and choose which ones you want and there order (Had to revert to 15 toggles mod because 23 was having issues with camera). Theres a ton of theme changes to this release so enjoy. Over the next couple weeks check the mods section as I will be adding a ton of theme mods, and I am going to be making a red theme for this called Fire Water! I might release a rc2 idk? but the next major release will be after the new year and will have aroma installer with all the custom mods themes and etc. Anyways there has been a ton of work put into this so enjoy :D
    Well I just wanted to check in. I see that there are some issues here and there. First off thanks randy for pointing out the gps fix from the why not rom, just make sure you guys thank him in his thread for the work. The next release will have the gps fixed in it, along with a couple other system tweaks. for those of you that have theme questions, the short answer is no you cannot just change certain theme aspects such as statusbar backgrounds and stuff. but in the next couple weeks i will have a bunch of theme options for you. as for the 5x6 tw launcher this is a work in progress it will take a little bit to have it work properly, and yes apex is a great alternative it is what I use. I actually use a very stripped down version of the rom. I might eventually release a stripped down version called "crystal lite". As for people who are having problems with network stuff and device not activating i would say that this sounds like you are not fully or correctly on the lk8 firmware. Thanks everyone for keeping this a friendly thread and for all the support you guys are giving to each other, its stuff like that which makes me want to keep pushing out updates. There probaly wont be another update until after christmas as I am currently deving for 3 different devices and 2 of them are tablets which I had to get ready for christmas because they are presents. Anyways keep up the friendly helpful attitudes and the rc3 will be a major update, followed by a major alternate red theme. I am working on very little sleep lol and will probably not be on for the next day so everyone have a very merry christmas! and I will have some cool stuff for you in the coming weeks. MERRY CHRISTMAS!