[ROOT] [TOOL] Easy Ace Root Tool

Search This thread

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
WARNING!!

THIS WORKS ON STOCK DEVICES ONLY.

Disclaimer (borrowed from Cyanogemod): Use this tool at your own discretion. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this tool before running it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot./

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE AND YOU WILL LOSE DATA

Introduction

Now the Hack Kit is gone for good, S-OFF is not an easy task to achieve. However, root access can be gained unlocking the bootloader with HTCDEV tool.

If you are skilled enough, then you can gain S-OFF by following this: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=411

This tool WILL NOT S-OFF, get superCID or unlocksim your device but help you to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM recovery and flash SU to get root privileges .

Instructions

1. Disable your Antivirus or any other protection software in your PC
  2. Uninstall HTC Sync
  3. Download the EasyAceRootTool
  4. Extract the zip file
  5. Install the Drivers in the tools\windrivers folder WITH THE PHONE UNPLUGGED!!
  6. Plug the phone and let the drivers install properly
  7. Run the EasyAceRoot.cmd as Admin
  8. Follow instructions on screen
  9. Enjoy!!

IF YOUR BUILD VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED TO UPDATE THEN:

1. Create a goldcard using this tool: http://d-h.st/VMw, once you have the .img file patch it using the SimpleGoldCard Tool included in the tools folder. (you need a working phone for this)
  2. Find a RUU which main version is supported and higher than yours and flash it in the PD98IMG.zip way, that is what is the goldcard for. If you have a .exe RUU, then extract the rom.zip file using this method: http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/how-to-take-apart-an-ruu-xdatv/
  3. Re run the tool and you will be able to update the hboot and unlock it

Downloads

Script Convention name is EasyAceRootTool_ddmmyyy

EasyAceRootTool_21112013: http://d-h.st/8fc
MD5sum: 601e2674123ebd4210c7882555f02237

Changelog

EasyAceRootTool_21112013 - Fixed my rectal cranial stupidity
EasyAceRootTool_18082013 - Included the Goldcard IMG creation in the script
EasyAceRootTool_18032013 - Final Edition. Fixed some typos and enhance performance
EasyAceRootTool_07032013 - Fixed typo in the script. Added SU flashing in CWM for those with issues to gain perm root.
EasyAceRootTool_02032013 - Fixed the perm root code in the script.
EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v2 - Added funcionality for unlocking bootloader or flashing CWM only.
EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v1 - Fixed bugs and typos in the script. Added CWM Touch recovery (rectal-cranial inversion is BACK!!).
EasyAceRootTool_28022013 - Initial release.

If you have issues or get stuck find support here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=AceRoot

Last edited:

Aphang22

Feb 13, 2013
stuck in white then black screen

I run the AAHK and stucki in black screen, anyone getting this issue? will this EAR help resolve my issue?

I tried running again, and it just no device. Please help.

pc4heinz

Sep 10, 2007
Augsburg
Easy Ace Root Tool su not working

hello,
thank you for this tool. For me unlock and clockwork recovery installs successful. But I have no success with su. Could you pls make a special point su in the menu. I have in meantime up to tenfold tryed to go through the unlock, the recovery and the su install without success for su.

pls have a look on the error message in the uploaded picture.
thank you for your work!

Heinz

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
hello,
thank you for this tool. For me unlock and clockwork recovery installs successful. But I have no success with su. Could you pls make a special point su in the menu. I have in meantime up to tenfold tryed to go through the unlock, the recovery and the su install without success for su.

pls have a look on the error message in the uploaded picture.
thank you for your work!

Heinz

fre3vo is missing in the tools\tmp folder. That is the exploit that gains temp root. Try downloading the tool again and make sure that you disable the Antivirus first. Then, check that fre3vo is there...

pc4heinz

Sep 10, 2007
Augsburg
Thank you for the quick respond. Sorry to say, but still no success. I had already made a copy of fre3vo from the AAHK-tools to your Easy Ace Root Tool and got the mentioned error. On my Netbook is no malware scanner running.

With a new download of your tool, including fre3vo, the error is still here. After copying the directory "tool" to the root of my PC I got a new exploit error 21.

My DHD has rom 2.3.5 and sence 3.0 and I found a link with the advice to downgrade this ROM. Can it be that this downgrade is necessary?
So I think something is not finaly settled.

Regards
Heinz

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Thank you for the quick respond. Sorry to say, but still no success. I had already made a copy of fre3vo from the AAHK-tools to your Easy Ace Root Tool and got the mentioned error. On my Netbook is no malware scanner running.

With a new download of your tool, including fre3vo, the error is still here. After copying the directory "tool" to the root of my PC I got a new exploit error 21.

My DHD has rom 2.3.5 and sence 3.0 and I found a link with the advice to downgrade this ROM. Can it be that this downgrade is necessary?

Regards
Heinz

Downgrade Is not necesary To gain root access

Reactions: miran007

kcls

Jul 18, 2011
Near Albany NY
www.caseyls.com
I'm pretty new to this phone, I was hoping to put CM10.1 on it for my girlfriend. Will using this tool be enough to do that, or will I also need to gain S-Off? Thanks!

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk²

kcls

Jul 18, 2011
Near Albany NY
www.caseyls.com
Yes. S-OFF will only be useful if you want to flash radios.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Alright. I probably don't need to do that. I have no idea what that does anyway.

So basically my steps are, use this tool and I'll have root+cwm, back everything up with TiB or something, and wipe and flash CM+inspiremod? And everything will be good, no need to change radios, whatever that does?

Seems easy enough :p

Thanks!

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Alright. I probably don't need to do that. I have no idea what that does anyway.

So basically my steps are, use this tool and I'll have root+cwm, back everything up with TiB or something, and wipe and flash CM+inspiremod? And everything will be good, no need to change radios, whatever that does?

Seems easy enough :p

Thanks!

Yep, those are the steps...no radio needed.

amanvishnani

Feb 2, 2013
Nice work bro well i want to gain s-off on my I4G
I have unlocked boatloader with 4ext recovery on it and pacman
V20.1 so should I proceed with this tool?
Basically i just want s-off my device
Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Nice work bro well i want to gain s-off on my I4G
I have unlocked boatloader with 4ext recovery on it and pacman
V20.1 so should I proceed with this tool?
Basically i just want s-off my device
Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Read the OP. This is a root tool only. There is no S-OFF at the moment, if you are skilled you do it manually following the link in the OP.

kcls

Jul 18, 2011
Near Albany NY
www.caseyls.com
You might want to add to the OP that unlocking the bootloader will wipe the internal memory. I didn't know this and ran the tool on my girlfriend's phone earlier today and now all her apps, contacts, messages, everything is gone. She's just a tad bit pissed at me. Oops.

Other than that though, the tool worked great!

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
You might want to add to the OP that unlocking the bootloader will wipe the internal memory. I didn't know this and ran the tool on my girlfriend's phone earlier today and now all her apps, contacts, messages, everything is gone. She's just a tad bit pissed at me. Oops.

Other than that though, the tool worked great!

Yeah, I never mentioned it supposing that people knows what they are doing!!..I will now. Thanks :D

hellalucard

May 13, 2011
Just as a friendly notice the included touch recovery did not work for me and one other user that I seen. The non-touch version works just fine. I do not have this phone but was just helping a friend.

Have a great day :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Error

When I run the script i am getting this error

your build version is 1.80.502.3

Your will reboot in fastboot again to continue the process
* server not running *

Obtaining Unlock Token

< waiting for device >
... INFO[ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finished. total time: 0.057s

Any idea on how to fix this? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!!

THIS WORKS ON STOCK DEVICES ONLY.

Disclaimer (borrowed from Cyanogemod): Use this tool at your own discretion. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this tool before running it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot./

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE AND YOU WILL LOSE DATA

Introduction

Now the Hack Kit is gone for good, S-OFF is not an easy task to achieve. However, root access can be gained unlocking the bootloader with HTCDEV tool.

If you are skilled enough, then you can gain S-OFF by following this: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=411

This tool WILL NOT S-OFF, get superCID or unlocksim your device but help you to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM recovery and flash SU to get root privileges .

Instructions

1. Disable your Antivirus or any other protection software in your PC
    2. Uninstall HTC Sync
    3. Download the EasyAceRootTool
    4. Extract the zip file
    5. Install the Drivers in the tools\windrivers folder WITH THE PHONE UNPLUGGED!!
    6. Plug the phone and let the drivers install properly
    7. Run the EasyAceRoot.cmd as Admin
    8. Follow instructions on screen
    9. Enjoy!!

IF YOUR BUILD VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED TO UPDATE THEN:

1. Create a goldcard using this tool: http://d-h.st/VMw, once you have the .img file patch it using the SimpleGoldCard Tool included in the tools folder. (you need a working phone for this)
    2. Find a RUU which main version is supported and higher than yours and flash it in the PD98IMG.zip way, that is what is the goldcard for. If you have a .exe RUU, then extract the rom.zip file using this method: http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/how-to-take-apart-an-ruu-xdatv/
    3. Re run the tool and you will be able to update the hboot and unlock it

Downloads

Script Convention name is EasyAceRootTool_ddmmyyy

EasyAceRootTool_21112013: http://d-h.st/8fc
    MD5sum: 601e2674123ebd4210c7882555f02237

Changelog

EasyAceRootTool_21112013 - Fixed my rectal cranial stupidity
    EasyAceRootTool_18082013 - Included the Goldcard IMG creation in the script
    EasyAceRootTool_18032013 - Final Edition. Fixed some typos and enhance performance
    EasyAceRootTool_07032013 - Fixed typo in the script. Added SU flashing in CWM for those with issues to gain perm root.
    EasyAceRootTool_02032013 - Fixed the perm root code in the script.
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v2 - Added funcionality for unlocking bootloader or flashing CWM only.
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v1 - Fixed bugs and typos in the script. Added CWM Touch recovery (rectal-cranial inversion is BACK!!).
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013 - Initial release.

If you have issues or get stuck find support here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=AceRoot

Regards
    Heinz

Downgrade Is not necesary To gain root access
    Goldcard Image helper

Guys, due to resvskills site being down and MANY THANKS to Gene Poole for providing the gcard.exe file, I wrote a simple script that creates the goldcard.img file.

You then need to patch the sdcard with the SimpleGoldCard tool included in the tools folder. Enjoy!
    Sorry if this sounds too stupid but online info is mostly "s-off is permanent root" and everything so vague, the hack kit which is some go-to for everyone is gone so I'm not sure, does this tool root it permanently or does it go unrooted again sometime? doing this for a friend's phone
    Sorry if this sounds too stupid but online info is mostly "s-off is permanent root" and everything so vague, the hack kit which is some go-to for everyone is gone so I'm not sure, does this tool root it permanently or does it go unrooted again sometime? doing this for a friend's phone
    What's vague? This tool doesn't give you S-Off. It gives you S-On with an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery. It will not unroot unless you unroot it.