[ROM][C6903][LB&UB]z1slim v0.4[4.3][NO BLOAT][FULL ROOT][XZDR][09/01]

Search This thread

GavTheStoner

Feb 20, 2010
Exeter
Browser_Preview_tmp.png

Introduction:
This is my first ROM for any device, there will probably be bugs. I am not responsible for anything that happens to YOUR device as a result of flashing this. All releases are tested before posting to minimize the risk but there is always a chance something could go wrong!

My aim with this rom was to clean out all the useless rubbish I never use. This includes all social networking integration as I only see this as bloat, being as most of it is installable from the market.

Maybe someone else would like this too, so I am sharing my work.

Downloads:

z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip (XDA Direct)
z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip (XDA Torrent)
MD5: f12ac5a793edd2a25f7d9c3e758fda38

290-stripped.ftf
MD5: d06d6a554ba012d3ca0fb6bcd0f526b3​

If you need something I have removed, download the AROMA installer below. It has all the apps and integration that I have removed from the stock rom in a format you can easily pick and choose what to reinstall. Just install it in recovery and tick any apps you want back! All apps within this installer are also deodexed.

z1slim.re-bloat.v1.zip
MD5: 91416eb62e0ddafd5257da28166fddac​

How to install:

YOU WILL LOSE ALL USERDATA ON INTERNAL SDCARD BY DOING THIS. SO BACKUP FIRST!

1: Flash c6903 stock version 534 from this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!K1QD1bSK!JkgNvz3Tqb6lq4brVUEyZGraOjMQuTuzn8IaEFhQhUI
2: Root using bin4rys tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31545627
3: Install XZ1 DualRecovery 2.7.73 beta from [NUT]'s website: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606
4: Copy z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip to external sdcard
4: Reboot into TWRP
5: Click wipe -> Advanced wipe -> Tick dalvik+cache+system+internal data -> swipe to wipe
6: Format data -> Type yes
7: Install z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip
8: DO NOT REBOOT! Instead go to reboot menu and click power off
9: Flash 290-stripped.ftf using FlashTool
10: Enjoy the rom!

First boot will take a while if you have done a factory reset.

Alternatively if you do not have an external sdcard you can sideload the zip
this is neccessary because we will format internal storage, so it cannot be there.

If you already have a rooted 4.3 ROM installed with XZDR working properly, you can just download the flashable zip, wipe data etc and install it from recovery. If you are coming from a previous version of this ROM then you only need to install the zip. No wipe required.

Changelog:

Version 0.4
-Removed all themes and wallpapers except default
-Removed chrome and put back stock browser
-Removed almost all social integration again (Didnt break rom this time!)

+Updated DualRecovery to 2.7.73 Beta (thanks again [NUT]!)
+Updated all sony apps that are left
+Updated Google play store
+Added white balance settings and a script to reapply settings at boot (Thanks to RyokoN!)
+Deodexed apps and framework

Version 0.3
-Removed further O2 customization
+Added social network integration again as it broke the ROM
+Adblock hosts file
+Customized the install script

Version 0.2
-Removed the rest of the bloat + apps you can get from market
-Removed social network integration

+Stock bootanimation
+Fixed full root (System now mounts R/W on LB)
+Fixed language selection appearing every boot

Version 0.1
-Based on 14.2.A.0.290_O2-UK
-Removed O2 Branding
-Removed all useless bloatware apps
-Removed anonymous statistics
-Removed My Xperia app
-Removed stock browser as chrome is included

+Rooted (LB & UB) by [NUT]
+DualRecovery 2.7.71 by [NUT]
+SuperSU by Chainfire

Bugs:
None known as of now with the base rom.
When restoring twitter integration there seems to be an issue signing in. Twitter app works fine though. - Thanks to sg1969 for finding this.

Credits:
[NUT] for kitchen + 4.3 Root + XZ1 DualRecovery (damn he's good!) - Click here to donate to [NUT]
Chainfire for SuperSU
zyclops1 for figuring out which rom we had to start from
BSDgeek_Jake - Adblock hosts file
RyokoN - White balance settings port
Myself

If I have missed anyone, give me a slap in a pm.

DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED! But if you want to thank me for my work, I wouldn't say no. :)
Click here to buy me a beer!

If you want to use this as a base for your own ROM. You are welcome to. Please just give me and the other guys some credit!

XDA:DevDB Information
z1slim, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
GavTheStoner
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 14.1.G.1.534 firmware or working 4.3 with recovery and root
Based On: Stock 4.3 version 290

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.4
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-13

Created 2014-01-08
Last Updated 2014-01-18

S

Simow.b

Good to see more DEVS here and there, let me give you an advice, people will not go back to 534 if they're already in .290 with working recovery, because i didnt go back to 534 since the first semi-rooted 290 i had to always flash the flashable recovery that i had! now if you read the NUT thread you can figure out that if you already have a working recovery or you were on any 290 from iHackers or ROMAUR or even Monx you'll be able to just flash the update zip that is in the NUT to get Full ROOT!

anyways that was only my opinion :)

Thanks and good luck.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Nice mate.

You are not taking anything more than others who are posting stupid things like - "new album upgrade".

Learn and upgrade your ROM, we need good guys here.

Maybe this isn't heavy development but it's one step up and I'm 100% sure it'll be great ROM one day.

You are creating something new, unlike some others guys who are constantly whining and doesn't contribute this community at all.

BTW what @Simow.b saying is correct, you should add that in OP.

Just write: if you are already on 290 or any ROM with working recovery just flash ROM through recovery, flash recovery, power of, flash ftf and restart. ;)

:thumbup:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: GavTheStoner
S

Simow.b

Nice mate.

You are not taking anything more than others who are posting stupid things like - "new album upgrade".

Maybe this isn't heavy development but it's one step up and I'm 100% sure it'll be great ROM one day.

You are creating something new, unlike some others guys who are constantly whining and doesn't contribute this community at all.

Just write: if you are already on 290 or any ROM with working recovery just flash ROM through recovery, flash recovery, power of, flash ftf and restart. ;)

Thank you for the kind words my friend :)

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

We have to support guys who are willing to take their free time and work for us - free.

Someone will make something smaller, someone will make something big - but that's not important, what's important is that they are trying and learning and that's great.

:)

Reactions: jordiluna
S

Simow.b

We have to support guys who are willing to take their free time and work for us - free.

Someone will make something smaller, someone will make something big - but that's not important, what's important is that they are trying and learning and that's great.

I agree with that ! :)

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Good to see more DEVS here and there, let me give you an advice, people will not go back to 534 if they're already in .290 with working recovery, because i didnt go back to 534 since the first semi-rooted 290 i had to always flash the flashable recovery that i had! now if you read the NUT thread you can figure out that if you already have a working recovery or you were on any 290 from iHackers or ROMAUR or even Monx you'll be able to just flash the update zip that is in the NUT to get Full ROOT!

anyways that was only my opinion :)

Thanks and good luck.

So is there way to get recovery back I run ihackers but I don't see any recovery?

S

Simow.b

So is there way to get recovery back I run ihackers but I don't see any recovery?

Try to flash the latest windows recovery from NUT and follow the steps:

1- Make sure you have USB debugging turned ON.
2- download XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com
Windows:
3- unpack at C: or somewhere you will remember!
4- navigate to the resulting directory and look for install.bat, double click it to run;

let me know if this worked for you :)

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Try to flash the latest windows recovery from NUT and follow the steps:

1- Make sure you have USB debugging turned ON.
2- download XZ/ZL/TabZ/Z1/ZU-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com
Windows:
3- unpack at C: or somewhere you will remember!
4- navigate to the resulting directory and look for install.bat, double click it to run;

let me know if this worked for you :)
I can't see the version you mentioned in the link.
I'm on LB so would it work I have partial root though.

Last edited:
S

Simow.b

I can't see the version you mentioned in the link.
I'm on LB so would it work I have partial root though.

i'm also on LB here's the windows version

http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=WjEtbG9ja2VkZHVhbHJlY292ZXJ5Mi43LjcxLUJFVEEuaW5zdGFsbGVy

and after that flash this:

http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=WjEtbG9ja2VkZHVhbHJlY292ZXJ5Mi43LjcxLUJFVEEuZmxhc2hhYmxl

you could always try my friend :) if it doesnt work then you should do the steps again from 534 but this time when installing the recovery install the one that i have posted now.

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
i'm also on LB here's the windows version

http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=WjEtbG9ja2VkZHVhbHJlY292ZXJ5Mi43LjcxLUJFVEEuaW5zdGFsbGVy

and after that flash this:

http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=WjEtbG9ja2VkZHVhbHJlY292ZXJ5Mi43LjcxLUJFVEEuZmxhc2hhYmxl

you could always try my friend :) if it doesnt work then you should do the steps again from 534 but this time when installing the recovery install the one that i have posted now.
I won't fall any boot or brick problems would I.thanks

GavTheStoner

Feb 20, 2010
Exeter
Jonster111 - Nobody is forcing you to click on this thread or download this ROM. It is quite apparent what it is from both the thread title and the description in the first post.

Thanks Simow.b and funky0308 for the real support :)

Who knows, maybe this will one day be a base for a proper modified rom. Until then, I still need to remove the useless rubbish! ;)
----

Ive just noticed that its not really got full root so have to fix that too. Cant mount system R/W but have got latest XZDR... Weird.

GavTheStoner

Feb 20, 2010
Exeter
adamo06 please follow the guide in [NUT]'s thread properly. You need to download the 534 version from his OP to get the rom to install properly, or at least have a rooted 257 with recovery already. Also, please take discussion about that to the appropriate thread. :)

Reactions: adamo86
S

Simow.b

Didn't work the phone reboots back up dosent go into recovery.

Follow my steps then:

1- flash 534 using flashtool

2- root it using bin4ry's tools

3- install NUT recovery (the ones that i have given) install windows version and when you're on the recovery flash the one that is flashable! do not reboot!

4- flash the 290 from any DEV i would recommend iHackers v2.0 do not reboot!

5- flash xposed for lb from Monx and again (do not reboot! )

6- flash the update zip for 290 from NUT thread

7- wipe cache/dalvik

8- power off the phone from recovery

9- flash the kernel for 290

10- boot the phone and wait!

Hope this helps now

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Jonster111 - Nobody is forcing you to click on this thread or download this ROM. It is quite apparent what it is from both the thread title and the description in the first post.

Thanks Simow.b and funky0308 for the real support :)

Who knows, maybe this will one day be a base for a proper modified rom. Until then, I still need to remove the useless rubbish! ;)
----

Ive just noticed that its not really got full root so have to fix that too. Cant mount system R/W but have got latest XZDR... Weird.

You're always welcome my friend :)

GavTheStoner

Feb 20, 2010
Exeter
Version 0.2 was pulled due to a fatal bug.

Version 0.3
+Adblock hosts file

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Browser_Preview_tmp.png

Introduction:
    This is my first ROM for any device, there will probably be bugs. I am not responsible for anything that happens to YOUR device as a result of flashing this. All releases are tested before posting to minimize the risk but there is always a chance something could go wrong!

My aim with this rom was to clean out all the useless rubbish I never use. This includes all social networking integration as I only see this as bloat, being as most of it is installable from the market.

Maybe someone else would like this too, so I am sharing my work.

Downloads:

z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip (XDA Direct)
    z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip (XDA Torrent)
    MD5: f12ac5a793edd2a25f7d9c3e758fda38

290-stripped.ftf
    MD5: d06d6a554ba012d3ca0fb6bcd0f526b3​

If you need something I have removed, download the AROMA installer below. It has all the apps and integration that I have removed from the stock rom in a format you can easily pick and choose what to reinstall. Just install it in recovery and tick any apps you want back! All apps within this installer are also deodexed.

z1slim.re-bloat.v1.zip
    MD5: 91416eb62e0ddafd5257da28166fddac​

How to install:

YOU WILL LOSE ALL USERDATA ON INTERNAL SDCARD BY DOING THIS. SO BACKUP FIRST!

1: Flash c6903 stock version 534 from this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!K1QD1bSK!JkgNvz3Tqb6lq4brVUEyZGraOjMQuTuzn8IaEFhQhUI
    2: Root using bin4rys tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31545627
    3: Install XZ1 DualRecovery 2.7.73 beta from [NUT]'s website: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606
    4: Copy z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip to external sdcard
    4: Reboot into TWRP
    5: Click wipe -> Advanced wipe -> Tick dalvik+cache+system+internal data -> swipe to wipe
    6: Format data -> Type yes
    7: Install z1slim.flashable.v0.4.zip
    8: DO NOT REBOOT! Instead go to reboot menu and click power off
    9: Flash 290-stripped.ftf using FlashTool
    10: Enjoy the rom!

First boot will take a while if you have done a factory reset.

Alternatively if you do not have an external sdcard you can sideload the zip
    this is neccessary because we will format internal storage, so it cannot be there.

If you already have a rooted 4.3 ROM installed with XZDR working properly, you can just download the flashable zip, wipe data etc and install it from recovery. If you are coming from a previous version of this ROM then you only need to install the zip. No wipe required.

Changelog:

Version 0.4
    -Removed all themes and wallpapers except default
    -Removed chrome and put back stock browser
    -Removed almost all social integration again (Didnt break rom this time!)

+Updated DualRecovery to 2.7.73 Beta (thanks again [NUT]!)
    +Updated all sony apps that are left
    +Updated Google play store
    +Added white balance settings and a script to reapply settings at boot (Thanks to RyokoN!)
    +Deodexed apps and framework

Version 0.3
    +Adblock hosts file

Version 0.2
    -Removed the rest of the bloat + apps you can get from market
    -Removed social network integration

+Stock bootanimation
    +Fixed full root (System now mounts R/W on LB)
    +Fixed language selection appearing every boot

Version 0.1
    -Based on 14.2.A.0.290_O2-UK
    -Removed O2 Branding
    -Removed all useless bloatware apps
    -Removed anonymous statistics
    -Removed My Xperia app
    -Removed stock browser as chrome is included

+Rooted (LB & UB) by [NUT]
    +DualRecovery 2.7.71 by [NUT]
    +SuperSU by Chainfire

Bugs:
    None known as of now with the base rom.
    When restoring twitter integration there seems to be an issue signing in. Twitter app works fine though. - Thanks to sg1969 for finding this.

Credits:
    [NUT] for kitchen + 4.3 Root + XZ1 DualRecovery (damn he's good!) - Click here to donate to [NUT]
    Chainfire for SuperSU
    zyclops1 for figuring out which rom we had to start from
    BSDgeek_Jake - Adblock hosts file
    RyokoN - White balance settings port
    Myself

If I have missed anyone, give me a slap in a pm.

DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED! But if you want to thank me for my work, I wouldn't say no. :)
    Click here to buy me a beer!

If you want to use this as a base for your own ROM. You are welcome to. Please just give me and the other guys some credit!

XDA:DevDB Information
    z1slim, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    GavTheStoner
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 14.1.G.1.534 firmware or working 4.3 with recovery and root
    Based On: Stock 4.3 version 290

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-13

Created 2014-01-08
    Last Updated 2014-01-18
    Uploading the bloat!

sg1969 I am uploading the aroma installer with all apps / integration I have removed.

z1slim.re-bloat.v1.zip

Available now from the downloads tab and the first post!
    Nice mate.

I'm going to rebase to generic UK rom as have lost my working folder when my hdd died the other day, so it's a good time to do it. Cannot start dev again until the end of the month when I get a new one.

Any requests apart from advanced reboot.

Disable data notification.