TomTom On HD

Search This thread

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.

buggybug0

Sep 17, 2006
latest version/build of TomTom

Just want to do a little research:

what is the latest Version(build) of TomTOm APPLICATION?

What is the Latest Version(build) of TomTom MAP?

wackyD

Nov 9, 2008
Yep, I have tomtom7.4 running now with no problem.

There is considerable lag though - at least 3 seconds..

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
i seem to have installed tomtom 7.4 with no problem.

Version 7.4 will install and run on the touch HD, however have you got tomtom home to recognise your device? If so, what version of tomtom home are you using. If not, how have you managed to purchase and install maps? Version 7.9 is the latest, and there are some cabs around that will work on the HD. Version 7.9 greatly improves the gps performance.

I am purely trying to warn people to make sure that they can connect to tomtom home before buying any maps.

JTHM

Aug 10, 2005
Northants
I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?

Last edited:

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?

Tomtom home2.4 checks a file on the pocket pc (navigator.bif) which contains the description of the pocket pc - ie that is where it gets the HTC-Blackstone info from. Home 2.4 uses this file and if it does not see Rapheal or Diamond, it will not allow you connect the device. The bif file is refreshed each time you start ttn7 or connect to pc, so don't bother trying to change it! Version 1.5 obviously does not do this check and allows you to connect.

I do not think you have anything to worry about as long as you purchased the maps in the first place. You are allowed to change your device once every 6 months.

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
Check here http://blog.copilotlive.net/?p=208&cpage=1 Copilot 7 is working fine on the Touch HD.

Also, TomTom support told me the Diamond version of TomTom 7 is working perfectly on the HD as they sell on some countries this phone with TomTom 7 software preinstalled, as they do with Diamond and Touch Pro.

If that is the case, thats good news - there should be a tomtom home update soon to allow the HD to be recognised.

Co-piolt have informed me that the software is not 100% compatible but does work.

peter7

Aug 31, 2005
Is there no chance to solve the issue ?

1) We understand that we can buy the maps for the diamond from TT

2) BUT as long as we can`t install it via TT Home we do have no change ????

3 Isn`t it possible to install the maps via Active Sync or as a cab ???

bouya_k

Mar 12, 2008
Geneva
Hello

Me I have tomtom 7.450 installed, the position is ok... but I have delay to update my position... I have the impression that it does the update every 4 or 5 sec of my position.... So perhaps I have a problem with tomtom conf because with IGO 8 for exemple I don't have this probs...

Thanks in advance

wfhowell

Oct 1, 2007
Tom Tom works!!!!!

tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.

I dont know why you are making such a blank statement. Research on here will show that it DOES recognize Tom TOm....I hve placed both 7.45 and 7.910 on my TOUCH HD and both work. V 7.910 looks beautiful on the screen and there is NO lag. I had previous USA and CANADA maps for my diamond. All i had to to was call Tom Tom and tell then the new device number of my HD and it works perfectly. I am using Tom Tom Home 1.5. The older versions didnt seem to work.

noctifer

Aug 8, 2006
Success

Today I downloaded Version 7 of the Navigator and installed it. Works perfectly on my HD!!
My map, which I bought a year ago needed to be acitvated once again but that was free at www.ttcode.com
I bought this map for Navigator 6 but it works on the new version too.

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
I dont know why you are making such a blank statement. Research on here will show that it DOES recognize Tom TOm....I hve placed both 7.45 and 7.910 on my TOUCH HD and both work. V 7.910 looks beautiful on the screen and there is NO lag. I had previous USA and CANADA maps for my diamond. All i had to to was call Tom Tom and tell then the new device number of my HD and it works perfectly. I am using Tom Tom Home 1.5. The older versions didnt seem to work.

My statement is based on the fact the software you are using has been ripped from either a diamond or touch pro. Tomtom have not "released" for the HD and therefore if you call them with a technical problem and state that you have the HD, they will tell you that they can offer you no support as the HD is not supported. This statement is also based on the fact the tomtom home 2.4 does NOT recognise the HD and therefore can not be supported. Also if you look at the online map store - can you see any reference to the touch HD??? Only the Pro and Diamond are referrenced.

Version 1.5 is for TTN6, however it does allow the HD to connect. Home 2.4 has deliberately been written to stop people without a touch pro or diamond using the TT7 application. I have heard rumours that the HD will be supported and an update to Tomtom Home will fix this issue. (When i first got my Touch pro, tomtom home was on release 2.3 which did not work on the pro. Version 2.4 however does. Tomtom home checks for the device description in the .bif file).

Last edited:

wfhowell

Oct 1, 2007
Tom Tom support?? maybe not

My statement is based on the fact the software you are using has been ripped from either a diamond or touch pro. Tomtom have not "released" for the HD and therefore if you call them with a technical problem and state that you have the HD, they will tell you that they can offer you no support as the HD is not supported. This statement is also based on the fact the tomtom home 2.4 does NOT recognise the HD and therefore can not be supported. Also if you look at the online map store - can you see any reference to the touch HD??? Only the Pro and Diamond are referrenced.

Version 1.5 is for TTN6, however it does allow the HD to connect. Home 2.4 has deliberately been written to stop people without a touch pro or diamond using the TT7 application. I have heard rumours that the HD will be supported and an update to Tomtom Home will fix this issue. (When i first got my Touch pro, tomtom home was on release 2.3 which did not work on the pro. Version 2.4 however does. Tomtom home checks for the device description in the .bif file).

When I called Tom Tom to activate my maps, this sweet lady said, what is the name of your device? I said Touch HD. SHE said oh, those are nice ive heard. She acted like everything was cool with the Touch HD and promptly gave me an activation code to install my maps. Technical support for TT on my Touch HD?? I bought the maps and I bought the original program. Ive had tom tom for a few years and never had to have support before, if i do, not sure what it would be, unless it crashes my HD. So I'm not worried about support.

ofiaich

Oct 14, 2006
Yorkshire
Hi everyone...

I had a Kaiser and now a Touch HD and I remember on the Kaiser, Tom Tom auto-starting and it became a nuisance.

I have been trying to find the thread that disables the auto-start. I know there is a directory on the memory card called 2577 with autorun in it, but I forgot what to do !

I can also see, in the root of the memory card a tom tom start program. Do I just rename or move that file?

Thanks for any help !

edit - found it now....http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=428426&highlight=autorun+TomTom

Ofiaich :)

gt112

Nov 14, 2008
Forgive me for jumping in here, but as a complete newbie I am confused.

I have had a look around TomTom's site. Under products - PDA/Mobile, they offer their wares on DVD or memory card for £159.99 or £99.

1. Is it possible to get the navigator alone ? is this free?

2. Is it possible to get the maps any cheaper (student version with proof for example) ?

3. Is it possible to purchase and download directly rather than waiting for a card or dvd to arrive in the post?

Maybe I'm missing something here

Many thanks for any help

gt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I run TomTom 7 VGA on the HD and it runs perfectly fine, albiet a little slow due to the crappy windows GPS