[APP]Get Android 4.4 Launcher on your phone NOW!!

Search This thread

sdancer

May 17, 2013
Unless that tablet has Gingerbread or ICS on it, it will work.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9

My current version is 4.1.1 so I suppose it will work ????

Anyway, i am little confused with this. This luncher does not update my OS to the newer version it is just an application that will allows me to install newer android apps ?

I would prefer to update my OS with the newer version. Is that possible ? Toshiba does not offer such updates. Can I use a custom firmware or a hack to update my firmware ?

Regards,

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
My current version is 4.1.1 so I suppose it will work ????

Anyway, i am little confused with this. This luncher does not update my OS to the newer version it is just an application that will allows me to install newer android apps ?

I would prefer to update my OS with the newer version. Is that possible ? Toshiba does not offer such updates. Can I use a custom firmware or a hack to update my firmware ?

Regards,

This is just a launcher - like Nova, ADW, EverythingMe, TouchWiz Home*, etc. You likely already have it installed, but you need the GoogleHome.apk installed to access and use it.

*Samsung proprietary.

If you want to put a different ROM on your tablet, I suggest you check the forum for said tablet or do some Google searching.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9

Imjustaleg

Apr 14, 2016
Straight talk s3 Success!

Hey guys,
while we patiently wait for our phones to be updated to android 4.4, I have some

Samsung s3 Success. Model sch s968c. Still 4.1.2
Kernel ver. and build# have changed. Thanks.

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file from below.
2. Extract the zip and place the apks on your phone
3. Install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
4. Install Velvet.apk
5. Install GoogleHome.apk
6. Press home button, select the launcher

Nqile

Aug 26, 2016
Application not installed

Everytime I try to install Velvet.apk or prebuiltGmsCore.apk it says "Application not installed" I really wanna upgrade to 4.4 kitkat but my phone wont install it :c

TMHAKIM

Jun 1, 2020
OnePlus Nord
The link does not work

Mega.nz Say that This file is Removed or violatated so it cant be downloaded please use some other services

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    while we patiently wait for our phones to be updated to android 4.4, I have some good news for you guys.
    YOU CAN GET ANDROID 4.4 LAUNCHER ON YOUR PHONE NOW!!

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip file from below.
    2. Extract the zip and place the apks on your phone
    3. Install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
    4. Install Velvet.apk
    5. Install GoogleHome.apk
    6. Press home button, select the launcher and enjoy! :)

Download link l Mirror

Video:
    Credits: Orlandojumpoff

[Android 4.4 Wallpapers from nexus 5: Link

WARNING! THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON MY LG OPTIMUS G RUNNING ANDROID 4.3(PA). I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR DEVICE :) THIS IS EXTRACTED FROM THE NEXUS 5 AND HENCE, EXPECT SOME ISSUES ON SOME PHONES! HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF IT WORKS :D

UPDATE: CONFIRMED TO BE WORKING ON MIUIV5 (ANDROID 4.2) AS WELL. HOWEVER, GOOGLE SEARCH/NOW TENDS TO FORCE CLOSE.
    UPDATE 2: FROM FEEDBACK, IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK ON 4.1 AND BELOW. SO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS ANDROID 4.2 :)
    UPDATE 3: SEEMS LIKE SOME PEOPLE RUNNING 4.1 ARE ABLE TO GET IT WORKING. SO IT IS WORTH GIVING A TRY EVEN IF U R ON 4.1 :)
    UPDATE 4: FOR THOSE STILL HAVING FC AND STUFFS. I HAVE ADDED A FILE TO THE OP(IT WAS PREVIOUSLY IN ONE OF MY COMMENTS). DOWNLOAD IT BELOW, UNZIP IT, COPY AND REPLACE IT IN /SYSTEM/LIB/ DIRECTORY ON UR PHONE COPY YOUR ORIGINAL .SO FILE TO SOMEWHERE IN CASE U WANNA REVERT BACK LATER(USE ROOT EXPLORER), REBOOT. :)
    UPDATE 5: GOOD NEWS!!! THOSE RUNNING JELLY BEAN. JUST UPDATE YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH FROM PLAY STORE AND ALL YOU WOULD NEED TO INSTALL FROM THE ZIP IS GOOGLEHOME.APK. THIS SHOULD NO LONGER GIVE ANY FORCE CLOSES OR ANY OTHER ISSUES. SHOULD BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL :D
    Just can't get it to work,whenever I open the launcher,it tells that google search has force closed,can't even open the launcher.
    Running 4.1.1
    Tried changing language and stuff,just doesn't work. :(

For those still having FC problems. Unzip the attachment and try adding the .so file to ur phone's /system/lib/ . For that u would need to have rood access. Tell me how it goes :)
    Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English – UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English – US.
    Derek Ross contributed to this post.

That didn't work. I can search with English UK, but if I change it back to US it still force closes.

Edit: Change your voice to UK, then go to offline speech recognition and delete and reinstall the English (US) recognition pack. Do a search as UK, then change it to US. It works, and "ok google" will work from your homescreen.
    To fix voice search force closing, change language from English and back. :good:
    Any mirrors?

Sent from my One Xl using xda app-developers app

Here u go: http://d-h.st/f6b