[Q] Gapps in Android

Search This thread

nftsc

Jun 9, 2014
Hi, for testing purposes i installed the lastest omnirom on my device (jflte).
In the installation guide it says that the gapps are installed seperately with a zip after installing omnirom (similar to cyanogenmod).
But after starting my device i noticed that gapps are actually already on my device, same for the jflte rom of cyanogenmod. In TWRP i made a complete wipe just to be sure. Did i do something wrong? I'd rather choose the gapps package i want to install or not instead having them preinstalled on my device.

So, are the gapps are really prebuilt in the custom rom i loaded? Or are there any other i missed? Anyway, is there a way for me to remove it, either removing the whole package after installation or by building a custom rom, and is there a common and safe way to do that, or is it even enough to remove only the apks.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
In the installation guide it says that the gapps are installed seperately with a zip after installing omnirom (similar to cyanogenmod).
But after starting my device i noticed that gapps are actually already on my device, same for the jflte rom of cyanogenmod. In TWRP i made a complete wipe just to be sure. Did i do something wrong? I'd rather choose the gapps package i want to install or not instead having them preinstalled on my device.

So, are the gapps are really prebuilt in the custom rom i loaded? Or are there any other i missed? Anyway, is there a way for me to remove it, either removing the whole package after installation or by building a custom rom, and is there a common and safe way to do that, or is it even enough to remove only the apks.

Wipe the /system partition to remove Gapps - Omni doesn't include Gapps. Neither does CM. But both have a script that will restore your old ones from previously. Just use TWRP to wipe /system and you can do it. Or remove /system/etc/addon.d and they will be gone after a reflash :)

Reactions: Entropy512

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wipe the /system partition to remove Gapps - Omni doesn't include Gapps. Neither does CM. But both have a script that will restore your old ones from previously. Just use TWRP to wipe /system and you can do it. Or remove /system/etc/addon.d and they will be gone after a reflash :)