DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?

• Yes, I want soft key enabled!

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • No, I don't need that!

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • I Don't care as long the new release is stable!

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tnpapadakos

Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This has been my biggest gripe using any ICS rom. The web pages just load considerably slower than what I was used to on sense. Hopefully it gets improved on as time goes by.

try adding this to your build.prop and see what happens:

Define TCP buffer sizes
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

had a noticable effect speeding things up for me, on any rom

K

kbythwood

Anyone knows how to fix the Android upgrade optimizing every app on every boot up?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

xRowanx

Jan 4, 2012
New York
My problem is the web browser is really slow at rendering stuff and most of the time it just doesn't show the site the tough.

might I suggest chrome? It's super fast on this rom :D

Anyone knows how to fix the Android upgrade optimizing every app on every boot up?

No current workout. But the app list should start dwindling down. Meaning: I have 153 app. Now it's down to optimizing 60

Last edited:

fmarion

Dec 12, 2011
I put 4.03 though a bit of a workout at a 9 hour event yesterday. Mostly FB updates (using the FB app) over T-Mobile data network with some texting, browsing, and a few calls. The battery was at 4% when I returned home.

I did have a few slow-downs during the day where it took several seconds to respond to commands. Long enough that I was digging in my pocket for a tool to remove the back plate and battery before it responded. I also received an error message something like, Unfortunately the UI has stopped responding, that kept repeating when I closed the message window. I had to perform a battery removal reboot and my custom wallpaper was reset to the stock wallpaper.

I couldn't figure out how to recreate or identify the cause of the slow-downs or UI crash.

xRowanx

Jan 4, 2012
New York
I put 4.03 though a bit of a workout at a 9 hour event yesterday. Mostly FB updates (using the FB app) over T-Mobile data network with some texting, browsing, and a few calls. The battery was at 4% when I returned home.

I did have a few slow-downs during the day where it took several seconds to respond to commands. Long enough that I was digging in my pocket for a tool to remove the back plate and battery before it responded. I also received an error message something like, Unfortunately the UI has stopped responding, that kept repeating when I closed the message window. I had to perform a battery removal reboot and my custom wallpaper was reset to the stock wallpaper.

I couldn't figure out how to recreate or identify the cause of the slow-downs or UI crash.

Did you do a full wipe? And fixed permission after?

simplyrafa8

Nov 5, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Idk how the hell some of you are getting slow data speeds, it makes no sense. I can say the exact opposite about mine. I live in a city where there isn't even 3g yet, all I have is EDGE and even I can see that data speeds have greatly increased. I used to dread trying to load something up over EDGE because it would take like 5 minutes, now I can load up web pages in at least a minute or less, and that's a major improvement. I also went somewhere where I had HSPA+ and I was just fine. Like a previous user recommended, try out chrome, it's amazingly fast. If that doesn't do the trick then maybe you guys have flashed a radio that isn't very compatible with ICS?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Fixed permissions means what?

Sent from the XDA App
Go into Rom Manager and click on fix permissions
d036508e-083f-9965.jpg

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
I flashed and I loveit but I've got the same issue from other ROMS returning where my keyboard has several keys that simply wont activate.

Sent from the XDA App

K

kbythwood

Rom also doesn't support all audio formats like wma

rotarynerd

Dec 26, 2011
Having to pull the battery multiple times

So, I'm new on XDA and all, but I have taken the time to do some searches.

First of all, Zip, thank you for your time and effort to provide us with such a stable rom. It's clean and works flawlessly (when it works, for me anyways).

Now, the issue that I am having:
From time to time (when it's really bad, it's usually 10-15 times a day), my screen refuses to turn on after tapping the power button/home button. If I leave it be, after 15 minutes or so, it will reboot, and tell me that a SIM card was added and needs to restart. When I don't have 15 minutes to spare, I end up pulling the battery and restarting the phone.
I've posted this bug on Zip's bug report page, but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues and if anyone has found a remedy for the situation.
Sometimes, it's very apparent when it'll happen because when I press the power button to turn off the screen after use, the screen off transition lags like no other.

I've done full wipe of user data/cache on every flash, 4.01, 4.02, and 4.03, but I still seem to have similar issues. I just flashed 4.03 last night and it has only happened once for now, but obviously the problems still exists. Could it be an app that I have that is causing issues?

rotarynerd

Dec 26, 2011
One more thing

I work at a small store where they don't have a wireless router.
They set up a wireless hotspot (ad-hoc) for us via their computer.
Before I upgraded to Creamed Glacier, I was on Cyanogen mod and it was able to detect said hotspot, but ever since the upgrade, I am not able to find the hotspot, even though it isn't hidden or anything.
Did I miss a certain setting that allows me to do so when I looked through the settings?

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
I

I2IEAILiiTY

Idk how the hell some of you are getting slow data speeds, it makes no sense. I can say the exact opposite about mine. I live in a city where there isn't even 3g yet, all I have is EDGE and even I can see that data speeds have greatly increased. I used to dread trying to load something up over EDGE because it would take like 5 minutes, now I can load up web pages in at least a minute or less, and that's a major improvement. I also went somewhere where I had HSPA+ and I was just fine. Like a previous user recommended, try out chrome, it's amazingly fast. If that doesn't do the trick then maybe you guys have flashed a radio that isn't very compatible with ICS?

Can someone please help me about extremely slow data speed....please..xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1597425.

If you haven't solved the problem by now, then go back to gingerbread dude. You've brought this up multiple times within the last week. I'm sure many people have given you some suggestions by now (I even quoted the post above this for you) and I even said try editing the build.prop if it comes down to it. Just quit posting for a little while and search around XDA...You're the only one I know of that's having this problem to this extent...

Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forum-banner.jpg

CURRENT VERSION 4.05

I DO NOT LONGER HAVE A GLACIER, MY DAUGHTER PUT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET AND IT WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE, IF ANYONE UPGRADING IS WILLING TO DONATE OR SELL HIS PHONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING FOR THE HTC GLACIER

RIGHT NOW I'M CAN'T TEST THE BUILD, PLEASE REPORT ANY FINDING

We are now using AROMA INSTALLER, please take your time to get familiar with the Installer

HOW TO INSTALL
    Backup All your Apps.
    Format /data and /cache
    Install ROM (aroma installer, no apps included)

Version 4.05

I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST IN FULL THIS ROM I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORKS OR DOESN'T WORK

Version 4.05
    • Camera Force preview ON/OFF (Default OFF) <- You Need to turn this ON
    • Camera select picture from raw/jpeg
    • Camera Power shutter ON/OFF
    • Camera Sounds (Disable option Under Device / Sounds)
    • Reorganized Settings Menu
    • Zips Control only by Settings menu
    • Fixed Wall Paper LockScreen
    • Fixed Custom Icon LockScreen
    • Added LockScreen Calendar
    • Added LockScreen Weather
    • Trackpad Working
    • Fix for Medscape Application
    • Games running smoothly (Temple run, Angry Birds, etc)
    • Weather in notification bar
    • Different circle mod battery icon
    • Removed ZipsControl Backup / Restore

What Works
    • Camera working
    • New Audio Drivers
    • New Adreno Grafics Lib
    • SMS/MMS
    • GPS/ Maps Navigation
    • Sound
    • Calling
    • Touchscreen
    • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    • Gmail sync
    • Google Music
    • Calendar sync
    • Facebook sync
    • All sensors
    • Bluetooth
    • Headphones
    • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Data usage tracker
    • Video streaming and playback
    • Genius Button
    • Full 3D HW acceleration

Etc, etc, etc

NOT WORKING

• WIFI Calling
    • Video Camera (Recording)

YOU TELL ME !!

This ROM was made for personal use , but since Febycy is not longer maintaining Creamed Glacier, I have decided to step up and keep up with his legacy.

I'll be updating the ROM and patches, Wednesday of each week, unless something special arise so please be patience!

NOTE: I do this for free, I'm not here for fame nor donations, If you don't like to wait (few days) for a fix or you want things done NOW, you are more than welcome to use any other ROM and I spect you to treat me and my work with respect, same as others in this Thread,

Thanks to Febycv, LorD ClockaN, twistedumbrella, aospx, AOKP, blackwing182 and firesnatch.

Special Thanks to Kontagious for the Banner,Icons and Splash Images

and I2IEAILiiTY for all the Testing and help provided
    :)

I hope you Enjoy my work!

-Zips

Project Home: http://www.zipsnet.mobi/

Report Issues: http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Low MIC Fix

I've finally managed to fix wired headset Low MIC issue, hooray!

Low MIC Fix includes:
    Handset Fix
    Headset Fix
    DualMic Fix

This fix should work for any ICS powered Roms and kernels for HTC Glacier/HTC Panache, probably will work for HTC Ace and HTC Vision too.
    The update is coming, just having some personal issues that I have to take care first and to be honest, yes I do have the HTC ONE S, but I will keep updating this ROM. I won't go away.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Zips Glacier ------ DISCONTINUED ------------

Sorry Guys, but not having a Phone where to test builds, is pretty difficult for me to continue helping the community, I'll be around just in case.

Thanks

-Zips

family is first take your time :).

i can help you for that patches if you dont have time just hit me op ok

regads

Thanks,

I'm getting ready now to release new update (few days), it will bring a lot of surprises ! :D

-Z