[APP] Root Call Blocker - need some feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys, Im the dev of Root Call Blocker, a powerful blocking solution. There have been a few reports of people experiencing issues with the data connection on the X, which i dont have.

Could someone please let me know if this is indeed the case?

If you do find an issue please follow this procedure:

- as soon as you spot the radio without a data connection (not after a call) send logs through the "Write to us" item in Settings
- once youve sent the report, try using the Debugging tools found in settings
- if the tools do not help, please send another report - this will still help me track issues

Thanks in advance, PR after the break

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Root Call Blocker - the only truly functional call filter

Feeling paranoid? Need privacy? Discretion? Enter Root Call Blocker, the only true call firewall available on Android.

Unlike all other call blocking apps, Root Call Blocker silently blocks calls at a system level. You need not even know its working.

Supported languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Pyccĸий, Українська.

If you want to help translate, visit http://bit.ly/wCgD4j

Advantages:

- A call will never go through
- Your phone never rings
- Reject calls from anyone, including restricted numbers
- Wildcards block groups of callers
- Keep blocked calls and messages hidden
- Five reject methods, including "Don't answer"
- Per-number logging

Features:

- Multiple profiles
- Groups integration
- Exceptions
- SMS auto-replies
- Toggle widget
- Scheduling
- Logging
- In-app replies
- Persistent and event notifications
- Customizable vibrate notifications
- Export from hidden logs
- Low profile
- And much, much more

Debugging

Please follow the instructions in the app's Settings menu to send us logs of your error. Reproduce the error, then send the log.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

The Trial allows you to block one ITEM. You can use Groups to block multiple contacts.

Screens:

Reactions: bigballa

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
I've been using it the last few days, no problems here that I can tell. Note receiving telemarketing calls or calls from my congressman, so it must be working.
CleanROM 4.5

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
I had it on the original One X, if you remember there were some issues with RCB in the early days of that device. I recently have moved over to the One XL and have had no issues at all with RCB.

I'm running CleanROM Dev Beta 4.5

Perhaps the problems people are having has to do with the new AT&T OTA?

Last edited:
Reactions: AbhiLP

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I had it on the original One X, if you remember there were some issues with RCB in the early days of that device. I recently have moved over to the One XL and have had no issues at all with RCB.

Its possible - unfortunately noone ever writes to us before posting the reviews on the play store, so its hard to fix the rarer problems when i have no logs to look at.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed issue that lead to intermittent blocking on JB and CM10

Reactions: thcue

thcue

I use it alot! I can test it etc for ya I sent a remote last night then got the update. Just let me know or I'll let ya know if i notice it buging out again thanks! Love this software helps me ignore the people I hate hahaha:good: BTW do you have a unknown caller block in this app?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I use it alot! I can test it etc for ya I sent a remote last night then got the update. Just let me know or I'll let ya know if i notice it buging out again thanks! Love this software helps me ignore the people I hate hahaha:good: BTW do you have a unknown caller block in this app?

So wait "again"? You mean you have had trouble?

Yes, look in the add dialog, toward the bottom.

thcue

So wait "again"? You mean you have had trouble?

Yes, look in the add dialog, toward the bottom.

Last night before the update I did as of now I have no issues I'll report back for sure.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Last night before the update I did as of now I have no issues I'll report back for sure.

And newp I still cant find the option to block unknown callers think am blind..

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

And newp I still cant find the option to block unknown callers think am blind..

Go into your list setup. Press "Add". Scroll down and select "Add private and withheld".

The description reads: "Includes anyone calling from unknown, private, restricted and otherwise withheld numbers."

sindroidx

Apr 3, 2012
I am having some issues with root call blocker, basically I have it in hidden mode and when I type in the password it loads a black screen with the menu bar and nothing else, the menu bar is unresponsive. Will continue trying to send logs.

Also I am running nocturnal limited edition ROM if that helps.

EDIT: It seems if I clear my data I can get into it for a split second but once it is granted root permissions the screen goes black, I lose service, sim card has to ready itself again, and the same issue as I stated above happens again.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: FlubbedJohn

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
But aha! So, after doing a recovery install, call blocker wasn't doing its job. So, I restarted the telephony service, super user then asked to grant it access. We'll see if it works. But prior to this it wasn't even in the super user app list.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I am having some issues with root call blocker, basically I have it in hidden mode and when I type in the password it loads a black screen with the menu bar and nothing else, the menu bar is unresponsive. Will continue trying to send logs.

Also I am running nocturnal limited edition ROM if that helps.

EDIT: It seems if I clear my data I can get into it for a split second but once it is granted root permissions the screen goes black, I lose service, sim card has to ready itself again, and the same issue as I stated above happens again.

I have tried to fix this apparent issue, but on our one x everything works fine. Have you tried another launcher? Or another rom? I only say this because rare issues like this are really hard to track...

But aha! So, after doing a recovery install, call blocker wasn't doing its job. So, I restarted the telephony service, super user then asked to grant it access. We'll see if it works. But prior to this it wasn't even in the super user app list.

Sorry what are you saying? That whatever you did in recovery broke root call blocker?

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
Sorry what are you saying? That whatever you did in recovery broke root call blocker?

Something along those lines. I did a Nandroid of my ROM with Root Call Blocker on it. I flashed a few ROMs but decided that CleanROM was the one for me. So I flashed it back through recovery.

Upon doing this, SU never asked to grant permissions for RBC, nor was it on the list of approved apps. RBC then let a few "Unknown" calls through."

I cleared cache, deleted the app, reinstalled it, but nothing. SU was never even triggered. After I went through the Settings and restarted the telephony service in RBC's settings, SU asked to grant it permissions. So, perhaps that's a fix for anyone who's not having their calls blocked?

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
How much does it cost after the trial ends?

EDIT: Never mind I see there is a pro version. A little too expensive for me. I probably wouldn't use it much. If it was like $3.49 or around there I could see buying it. Anyway, sounds like a really good app. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: naeco

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I'm not sure that clicking "enable blocking" counts as a fix.

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
I didn't say anything about enable blocking. I said restart telephony is what I clicked. Enable blocking was checked off and the app wasn't working.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I didn't say anything about enable blocking. I said restart telephony is what I clicked. Enable blocking was checked off and the app wasn't working.

What you are saying is that somehow the app never had root. That is not a problem with the app, but rather with the user.

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
What you are saying is that somehow the app never had root. That is not a problem with the app, but rather with the user.

If you say so. But clicking/unclicking Enable Blocking did nothing to trigger a response from SU. Not to mention, prior to the recovery, it worked just fine. Hitting the "reset telephony option" changed that.

But hey, if you don't want people trying to help you with YOUR bad programming (for free no less), that's on you. There's other apps in the market that don't have this issue and do the same thing.

sindroidx

Apr 3, 2012
I have tried to fix this apparent issue, but on our one x everything works fine. Have you tried another launcher? Or another rom? I only say this because rare issues like this are really hard to track..

I have tried other ROMs and even a stock build. I've cleared cache, etc. but am still unable to get anything to show when I open it. Unfortunately I have tried everything I can think of to get logs but have been unsuccessful. When I first install it there is no problems other than having trouble getting root at first. Not sure if logs from that stage will help since the issue doesn't occur till I set up hidden mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you saying you're a developer? I don't believe you. Any half-wit dev would check the su binary for root rights before claiming something doesnt work

When you restore from a recovery or from titanium or whatever and don't see the app having root access, that is your problem. As ive already said like five times while you were feeling sorry for yourself - its a CLASSIC USER ERROR.

Shame on you, you lying lair.

It's working great for me man keep up the great work the other apps I bought are crap compared to this one hands down!
    Hi guys, Im the dev of Root Call Blocker, a powerful blocking solution. There have been a few reports of people experiencing issues with the data connection on the X, which i dont have.

Could someone please let me know if this is indeed the case?

If you do find an issue please follow this procedure:

- as soon as you spot the radio without a data connection (not after a call) send logs through the "Write to us" item in Settings
    - once youve sent the report, try using the Debugging tools found in settings
    - if the tools do not help, please send another report - this will still help me track issues

Thanks in advance, PR after the break

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Root Call Blocker - the only truly functional call filter

Feeling paranoid? Need privacy? Discretion? Enter Root Call Blocker, the only true call firewall available on Android.

Unlike all other call blocking apps, Root Call Blocker silently blocks calls at a system level. You need not even know its working.

Supported languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Pyccĸий, Українська.

If you want to help translate, visit http://bit.ly/wCgD4j

Advantages:

- A call will never go through
    - Your phone never rings
    - Reject calls from anyone, including restricted numbers
    - Wildcards block groups of callers
    - Keep blocked calls and messages hidden
    - Five reject methods, including "Don't answer"
    - Per-number logging

Features:

- Multiple profiles
    - Groups integration
    - Exceptions
    - SMS auto-replies
    - Toggle widget
    - Scheduling
    - Logging
    - In-app replies
    - Persistent and event notifications
    - Customizable vibrate notifications
    - Export from hidden logs
    - Low profile
    - And much, much more

Debugging

Please follow the instructions in the app's Settings menu to send us logs of your error. Reproduce the error, then send the log.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

The Trial allows you to block one ITEM. You can use Groups to block multiple contacts.

Screens:

Fixed issue that lead to intermittent blocking on JB and CM10
    It cost to much why be greedy ? Over £4 dont think so