MA7 to MC2 Update Zip!!

Search This thread

JBizzleFoSho

Jan 4, 2011
I'm getting a status 7 error.

It happens quick but says /tmp/sideload....something. Anybody know what that means?

Edit: Was able to get it by using Billiard412's method instead of Garwyn's to get back to stock.

Still say's my status is "Modified" though....:silly:

Last edited:

Stratus41298

Dec 23, 2010
Sorry to bump an old one, but I like stock and I keep trying to update. I'm totally stock. I haven't done a thing EXCEPT root. I have Super SU pro in survival mode, Downloaded the update through the OP link, installed with TWRP. Every time it says that it can't find an MD5 and fails. Does anyone have any ideas or is there something better to try now that it's been several months? I'm getting really tired of my phone telling me to update.

Thanks in advance.

jdee323

Dec 20, 2011
los angeles
Sorry to bump an old one, but I like stock and I keep trying to update. I'm totally stock. I haven't done a thing EXCEPT root. I have Super SU pro in survival mode, Downloaded the update through the OP link, installed with TWRP. Every time it says that it can't find an MD5 and fails. Does anyone have any ideas or is there something better to try now that it's been several months? I'm getting really tired of my phone telling me to update.

Thanks in advance.
The update zip is supposed to be flashed through stock recovery.

Reactions: Stratus41298

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guess I'll post the one clicks after all. But I will note the issues I've had with it in case others see it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    C&P

Standard Disclaimer: I, nor Android Central, or Voodoo Rootkeeper and its dev supercurio, take absolutely NO responsibility on what you do to your phone. Only you control your own fingers and actions.

1) MAKE SURE YOU ARE ROOTED
    2) MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR STOCK ROM (The firmware ROM that came with your phone). If you are on a Custom ROM, you should have no worries since they are pre-rooted by their devs.
    3) Download and install Rootkeeper from PlayStore here------>
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    4) Open the app
    5) You'll notice there is no check mark next to SU backup. [SU means Superuser, your root privelage]
    6) Hit the ONLY button listed----PROTECT ROOT
    7) You'll notice that SU Backup is now checked and Rootkeeper states SU backup has been made.

Walla... your done! Grab your Stock Android OS update for your wireless carrier/manufacturer. Download it. Install it. If you are on stock--rooted--no bloatware deleted--no bloatware frozen--ROM that came with your phone, then the Android Update should download and Install flawlessly...

After it downloads and Installs flawlessly... you'll notice your root apps WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!! You have lost your root, as normal. Except for 1.... ROOTKEEPER. Open Rootkeeper, a new button appears---RESTORE ROOT. CLICK IT!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!! Your Rooted again... You can reboot your device if you want, but its not needed.

Go ahead!!! Test out your Rooted Apps... Gotta love Voodoo Rootkeeper!
    biggrin.png
    Haven't gotten into it to be honest you are always too quick and post things before I even realize there is a new update.

Challenge accepted though ;)

Sent from my little Note2

its cake really just a pain to install it then pull it then make sure everything is right, the deodex it then package it. speaking of, do you have a copy of stock MA7 recovery so i dont have to download the entire tar file on this slow internet connection?

i suppose i'll play nice and get it out for everyone. i should have the kernels, all-in-one and the modem up in a little bit. odex/de-odex roms will have to wait until tomorrow when get home so i can upload them quickly.
    Can I flash this over any ma7 rom? Or only a stock rooted ma7 rom?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

You have to be stock (rooted/unrooted) MA7.