Selling my one x

Search This thread

MrMiami81

Jun 6, 2012
South Florida
I'll be selling my phone in the next few days. My question is being that its s off, boot loader unlocked and rooted what is the best way for me to make sure none of my personal data is kept on the phone? I'm not going to return it back to stock because the buyer wants it in its current state. Thanks for any replies..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
What is the best way to wipe the SD? Can I do that in twrp?

Yes, do a full wipe in TWRP. After that you can mount the SD card, move a Rom over and flash the Rom (follow the directions for the Rom you choose.) Do NOT do a wipe from the bootloader. It will corrupt your memory.

Reactions: MrMiami81

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
As well as wiping your own data you should really return the stock to completely stock instead of just reflashing the ROM. Never sell a modified phone unless it's specifically requested that way.

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
In the wipe section you should see sd card. Reflash your rom after u wipe sd

To be clear, the option to wipe the SD in TWRP just formats the "virtual SD" (user accessible) partition. You should definitely also wipe Data (factory reset) as that is where most of your personal info is stored. For that matter, wipe everything in the Advanced Wipe options of TWRP, to be safe. I think that is what Madcat8686 meant above when he said "full wipe", but he wasn't explicit, either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would wipe the sd and if you haven't already reflash whatever rom u are running. That should do it.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk
    In the wipe section you should see sd card. Reflash your rom after u wipe sd

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk
    What is the best way to wipe the SD? Can I do that in twrp?

Yes, do a full wipe in TWRP. After that you can mount the SD card, move a Rom over and flash the Rom (follow the directions for the Rom you choose.) Do NOT do a wipe from the bootloader. It will corrupt your memory.