Using Gear 2 with custom phone ROM?

Search This thread

c.com

May 21, 2011
First off, my apologies if this has been posted and addressed already, but I didn't find anything when I did some searches.

Here's what I'm running:
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 w/ Eclipse 2.0.1 (based off 4.4.2 NC2 for Verizon Wireless)

My phone is running fine. The Gear 2 is running fine. However, I cannot install Gear Manager - it downloads but does not do anything past that. Android Wear will install but will not connect to the Gear 2 - the watch is visible and the option to connect is there but it's on a constant "Connecting" screen.

What do I need to do to get this watch connected to my phone?

Thanks!

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
First off, my apologies if this has been posted and addressed already, but I didn't find anything when I did some searches.

Here's what I'm running:
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 w/ Eclipse 2.0.1 (based off 4.4.2 NC2 for Verizon Wireless)

My phone is running fine. The Gear 2 is running fine. However, I cannot install Gear Manager - it downloads but does not do anything past that. Android Wear will install but will not connect to the Gear 2 - the watch is visible and the option to connect is there but it's on a constant "Connecting" screen.

What do I need to do to get this watch connected to my phone?

Thanks!

I went through the same thing, basically you need to load a bunch of the samsung crapware to get it to work. I initially had my phone with no samusung software on it... downloaded gear manager... try to start it.. it would popup and then disappear.... the rom I use had an option to remove all the samsung stuff so I just did a dirty flash of the rom without running the slimfast file (remove samsung stuff) and then everything worked fine....

By_design

May 3, 2014
Is there a list somewhere of all theSamsung crapware that needs downloaded?

I went through the same thing, basically you need to load a bunch of the samsung crapware to get it to work. I initially had my phone with no samusung software on it... downloaded gear manager... try to start it.. it would popup and then disappear.... the rom I use had an option to remove all the samsung stuff so I just did a dirty flash of the rom without running the slimfast file (remove samsung stuff) and then everything worked fine....

I have almost the same situation as above, except my rooted 4.2.2 ROM is stock. I have a Galaxy S4 i337. I don't have the option of flashing any ROMs because bizarre as it sounds I have nooo recovery mode
, which probably has something to do with at& t's exploit-proof bootloader .

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
I have almost the same situation as above, except my rooted 4.2.2 ROM is stock. I have a Galaxy S4 i337. I don't have the option of flashing any ROMs because bizarre as it sounds I have nooo recovery mode
, which probably has something to do with at& t's exploit-proof bootloader .

No list that I know of but I am sure one exists. If you want to put a custom rom on your phone, head over to this thread. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att lots of at&t guys have done it but I don't know anything about that process other than they use something called saftey strap.... I have the Canadian version which has an unlocked bootloader....

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
I am still not been able to connect the phone with gear 2

I have posted the below pictures where it is trying to connect and then nothing happens
2eneqepu.jpg

mevuzega.jpg

zu7yryqe.jpg

Let me know if someone will be kind enough to help me fix the issue