[SKN] Black n Blue Grill Sense/CHT2/Resco/S2U2/Swype - Dialer cab fixed(Dec 22)

Search This thread

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Ok. So I was able to fix the dialer install problem via cab. I think I found a DLL for the Leo (HD2) so hopefully it fixed the problem you users were having. Let me know if they work.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi sponge_worthy,

super work so far as i can see. Very good job.
One question from me:

it is possible that you can give me a copy from the black grill for my clock background? But with out the text. Please see my uploaded sample.

Attachments

• grillbillboard.jpg
    grillbillboard.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
I've been out because of work and holiday, but I'm back now and will look to fix the problems this week.

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Just a question. Will these themes work on my XDA Atom Exec WM6.5?

I'm not familiar with that ROM. Is it a Sense driven ROM? It should work I think. I should qualify that by saying I've only tested it on one device - Tilt2 which is a GSM device.

The Sense, S2U2, psShutXP, Resco should work with anything. The taskbar may or may not work with WM6.5. I'm using WM6.5.3 but I think it might work with WM6.5. I've installed one prepared for 6.5 on my device and it worked fine.

However, don't hold me responsible for any damage - but I'd be surprised if you couldn't just uninstall if you have a problem.

cashmoney121

May 28, 2010
Sponge_worthy,
I am enjoying your work on my TP2. Its just sick that it all looks so good. The one problem I am having is in the phone dialer. When i am dialing a number, I can't see them on my screen. Am I missing something on the install. I am using Energy Feb 12th 28244 sense2.5 cookie 2.0 Rom. I want to keep your dialer theme, any suggestions?

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Sponge_worthy,
I am enjoying your work on my TP2. Its just sick that it all looks so good. The one problem I am having is in the phone dialer. When i am dialing a number, I can't see them on my screen. Am I missing something on the install. I am using Energy Feb 12th 28244 sense2.5 cookie 2.0 Rom. I want to keep your dialer theme, any suggestions?

Let me make sure that the correct version is on the sight. I had that problem a while ago and it was a mistake in one image. I fixed it because its fine now on my phone.

cashmoney121

May 28, 2010
Let me make sure that the correct version is on the sight. I had that problem a while ago and it was a mistake in one image. I fixed it because its fine now on my phone.

I tried to load the cab again and it still not showing all the numbers. When there is not a match in my directory is when the problems shows. It shows the first few numbers. Thanks for your help.

uctomide18

Mar 24, 2011
Abuja
i see people are downloading the resco skin. I realized that i didn't skin all the buttons for the bottom. I just did the ones i use. I might look into skinning the other buttons as well, but there are a lot of buttons. I first will put together all the cab files for the other skins.

wud this theme work on my htc wizard 8125?cus i really love it:)

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I thought I would share my current theme/skin in case anyone wants at least a part of it. I'm currently using an NRG Rom for my Tilt2 so the sense icons started with that general theme. It bugs me when all my icons do not match, so I skinned several programs that I use all the time so that everything flows well together. I should mention that some of these skins (power radio and thumbcal for example) may be WVGA only.

Update: Dialer cabs now available in post #3 - not sure if Leo cab is answer for HD2 dialer canvas problems - let me know(Dec 22)
Update: CHT2 Icons cab file in post #3 (Dec 3)
Update: New wallpapers for WVGA CHT2 in post #3 (Nov 15)
Update: Added blue highlight selection bar to phone skin zipped file in second post (Nov 9)
Update: Phone skin zipped file added to second post (Nov 7)
Update: Sense Icons, Comm Manager, Notification Icons, and Phone skin download link added to second post (Nov 6)
Update: Taskbar and Swype added to second post (Nov 4)

Look at the bottom of the first 4 posts for the attached cab/zipped files. Also the Earth and sun and moon wallpaper you see on the S2U2 screen shot is in the wallpaper.zip file.

My taskbar is a modified version of the m6silver color taskbar so most of the credit goes to him for that. I've changed the notification icons to match the sense theme I'm using. You will also notice that I use a couple of dusk images (like several graphics in the S2U2 theme and the Clock Background for Sense) and I don't want to take credit for that. If I have used someone elses icons, I don't want to take credit for them so let me know. I have worked a lot to make most of my own icons. I haven't really made most of the graphics, I have just pulled them from the web and converted them for the program images. I'm not a graphic artist.

The action screen is configured for some of the apps I use so it may not work for you. You can always visit the thread learn how to update the registry yourself.

I'm always open to suggestions and comments. I'm not really satisfied with the contact sense icon. I don't really like the orange background on the picture in the contact card. I'm looking for a better solution on that one. Also if anyone know how to skin the system icons on the notification screen, I'd like to know.

I've attached some screen shots and I will start putting together the cab files for the installs. It seems that I keep changing and updating the theme until I get it completely right.

psShutXP(also replaces the long press power button) / Thumbcal / Resco File Explorer / S2U2
blackandbluegrill1.png

CHT Forelayer / CHT Icons / Action Screen / Power Radio
blackandbluegrill10.png

I have made a lot of realize type icons that are rounded iphone looking. If anyone is interested, I will post those as well. Here's a couple of screen shots:

blackandbluegrill7.png

Also, standard disclaimer - don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong with your phone.
Wanted to let you know the links at the bottom of your post in your sig are reversed, first one goes to the grill theme, second one goes to the buuf theme.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the forelayer skins I use. See this thread for more information on the new CHT feature.

Also, I had to split the Swype skin into portrait and landscape because the file was to big too add. Plus not everybody needs landscape.

The Finger Keyboard skin is for this keyboard program.

The cab for the phone skin is too big so here's a download link. If the cab file isn't working (it doesn't seem to work for me either for some reason - anyone know why), I was able to copy the files in the attached zipped folder and use total commander or resco explorer to copy from my SD card to my windows folder. Give that a try. I should mention that I haven't fixed the graphics for the Landscape skin. I don't ever use the phone in landscape, but I might work on after I get everything else fixed. If you do copy over the files, I would make a backup of those files - especially the phcanimages.dll. Also, I don't even know which dialer is technically in the NRG ROM and for right now I don't have the VGA version done yet. I want to get the WVGA landscape done first.

The Sense Icons are all the icons that I updated from the standard Energy ROM theme. So some of them I haven't changed. If you need all the slider icons I can provide those as well. Just let me know.

Let me know if any of the cabs aren't working. I'm having trouble getting the phone dialer skin to work with cab install.

Sense icons and tabs
    blackandbluegrill2.png

blackandbluegrill3.png

blackandbluegrill9.png

Dialer
    blackandbluegrill6.png

Notification / Comm Mgr / Finger Keyboard / Swype
    blackandbluegrill8.png
    I've attached a cab for the Co0kie Home Tab 2.0 icon set. It also changes the icons in the CHT Editor as well. I'll be skinning the CHT scheduler here soon as well.

SUCCESS!! I've fixed a cab for the dialer. I think I have one for those having problems on the HD2. Try the cab and let me know.

Here's some new WVGA wallpapers I put together. Mostly Sci-Fi ones including the Wide (for CHT2), Portrait, and Landscape versions. The zipped file is very large so I uploaded it to 4shared. Some of these I pulled from XDA but I forget where. Others I pulled from the web and resized for my WVGA device.

wallpaperthumbs.png
    One more saved post.
    I probably could make some vga adjustments. My wife has my old Fuze. Some of the skins will work with vga I think. I'll make a VGA wallpaper at least and I think the dialer, power radio, action screen, and swype landscape are really the only things that will be WVGA. I can adjust the power radio pretty easily. The action screen is WVGA exclusive. I'd might be able to get the swype vga landscape and dialer files from my wife's Fuze.

Is there a big demand for those in VGA?

not that i know of ..probably not alot of us vga users around lol
    i am mainly interrested in the sense stuff
    the sense icons and tabs
    and the dialer if it isnt to much to do
    Thanks