I placed an order for Nexus 7 2013 LTE to a valid address in US and Order got cancelled..
The story so far:
1. I tried ordering from normal playstore and i am redirected to Indian Playstore (pretty logical from Google since i live in Bangalore, India).
2. I spoofed my IP by going over VPN (Hotspot, Ultrasurf) Google got me there again saying It is not available for my country !!!.
It tracks my activity rather than IP address.
Created a new account and still get the same treatment (not sure how Google got me there. could be that Hotspot, Ultrasurf are blacklisted or something).
3. Went to my office VPN and tried placing order with a new account ( Google could not catch me here and i got proceeded to order)
4. Order Placed, money deducted from my credit card, got order conformation from Google. (yay ! -----> happiness short-lived bitterly)
5. 2 minutes later my order gets cancelled saying my name on credit card and recipient name does not match (!) and bank address does not match recipient address ( I mean cmon, i am ordering for my aunt staying in US. Google what you should be concerned is getting the money of course and not the person who is ordering it. I did not want my aunt to be burdened with the process of placing an order an all. Just wanted her to receive.)
6. Looked into BestBuy as new stock of LTE have arrived. Says carrier is AT&T ( Dont want AT&T since i stay in India).
7. Amazon has some seller selling at 500+ dollar ( Dont want to buy from him at that price of course)
8. Ebay is overpriced at the moment (both India and US (got paypal account for that))
So now I do not know what is the next possible step i need to take.
Can someone suggest me some way i could get this ?
If anyone has gone through the same, can you help me out if you have found a way to buy the same.
Checked with Bestbuy
and they said that it is the unlocked version with AT&T sim. So i went ahead with best buy and ordered the product.
I will discarding the sim once i get it to india.