Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which kernel are you using?
ILWT CM7 436 68.99%
Stock CM7 114 18.04%
Pershoot 39 6.17%
Tiamat 43 6.80%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][09/29/14] ILWT ROM 3.0.17 (KitKat) || ILWT CM7 879 (discontinued)

OP tsubus

21st April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #2411  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,087

1,274 posts
Donate to Me
Being able to completely skip AROMA is definitely something I'd like to do, but it won't happen it the next release for sure. I would have to go and modify AROMA's source code, which might or might not take a while. We'll see, but I agree with those that think that AROMA is unnecessary when using ILWT.txt. The issue is that most people seem to find it confusing to configure, and I have to look out for everybody
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tsubus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #2412  
Flag Szczekociny
Thanks Meter: 76

419 posts
More
In my opinion AROMA is easier to use than ilwt.txt, just tap anything and go, but you have to spend like 10minutes to configure .txt and result's the same.

tsubus, did you changed 3g icons description in AROMA as I reported before? They are describing music app instead icons. What about changing default file explorer? OI is very poor.

Keep the good work man. I'm really impressed that you haven't dropped it yet .<3 ILWT
21st April 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #2413  
Flag Heraklion
Thanks Meter: 119

473 posts
More
@mesaj I care to object. It took me longer to go through the entire AROMA installation than to simply remove some quotes from the ILWT.txt file.

But hey, that's just me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crestofawave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #2414  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
Just to help others with this situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestofawave

I've been trying to install this on the latest 4EXT touch recovery for a good while now and it won't work. It gets stuck at the HTC green logo and when I go back to recovery it reports it can't mount cache. Tried to format cache, then it does boot but it gets stuck at a boot-loop.

I had the exactly same problem when installing the latest ILWT 388b. For the last month or so I've tried to install the rom for several times and it always failed like mentioned on the quote.

Today I tried once again and did a factory reset right AFTER flashing the rom and it worked like a charm! The system booted up nicely and now I'm posting this within my fresh install of ILWT.

TL;DR: if you are having bootloops and "can't mount cache" errors in recovery after a ILWT install, try this: super wipe > flash ILWT > do a factory reset in recovery > boot up!
22nd April 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #2415  
Flag Heraklion
Thanks Meter: 119

473 posts
More
@Mattyas This was an issue with an older version of 4EXT Touch Recovery, and has been solved. (after a flash marathon, heheh)

But yeah, you shouldn't encounter any issues with flashing now.
22nd April 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #2416  
Thanks Meter: 16

86 posts
More
Any guesstimate when the next update will be? "ILWT CM7 420", maybe? Or is CM7 no longer being updated, due to the upcoming CM9?
22nd April 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #2417  
Flag Szczekociny
Thanks Meter: 76

419 posts
More
I bet ILWT 408 . it's still updated but not as often as before cm9. they need to release cm 7.2 final then cm9.
btw. cool name
22nd April 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #2418  
OP Senior Member

1,274 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaj

I bet ILWT 408 . it's still updated but not as often as before cm9. they need to release cm 7.2 final then cm9.
btw. cool name

The release will be made today if I have someone to test it. It will be done in 2-3 hours I think, but I am not going to make it an official release until I am sure that AROMA works with the new modifications.
22nd April 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #2419  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
@crestofawave: oh right, I incorrectly understood that we were talkin 'bout Clockworkmod touch recovery, my mistake. In the newest CWM the problem is still persistent.
22nd April 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #2420  
OP Senior Member

1,274 posts
Donate to Me
I suggest using 4ext touch in any case, CWM is much less powerful and 4ext seems to be developed much quicker (both enhancements and bug fixes).

The Following User Says Thank You to tsubus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, ilwt, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread