Instagram's inbuilt camera leaving a purple line down the side of photos?

Search This thread

prawnguevara

Oct 13, 2011
Anyone else having the issue of when using the instagram in built advnaced camera to take photos there is a pink/purple line going down the left side of the processed photo?

Anyone else having the issue of when using the instagram in built advnaced camera to take photos there is a pink/purple line going down the left side of the processed photo?

I can confirm that... I'm on Endymion currently and i see the purple line too... approx 3-4 pixels thick.

But to be fair to instagram, they do warn when selecting the advanced camera that it does not work on all devices...

Use Camera360 with Compatibility mode.

??? Why not just use the built in stock camera???

He wants to use instagram... And only has problem with the advanced camera inside of instagram. Just disable that option and you're good to go if your stock camera is OK. No sense using a third party camera of the problem is app specific.

Beamed telepathically using Tapatalk

Last edited:

masterross

Apr 13, 2005
The problem is with camera drivers from cm or the kernel.
The stock camera app has same problem.
That's why I use camera360 which have hardware compatibility mode.

Regards!

The problem is with camera drivers from cm or the kernel.
The stock camera app has same problem.
That's why I use camera360 which have hardware compatibility mode.

Regards!

Oh ok... :)

Just wondering... are you talking about an ICS ROM? Or GB? I think the OP has lost interest after starting the thread, and left us here to squabble!! :p

If you ask me, i think this problem is app centred, and I encountered it even on Instagram running on GB 2.3.5 (I'm running Endymion - Sense 3.5) where the stock camera is the best you'll find for the Desire S on any ROM.

prawnguevara

Oct 13, 2011
I'm using stock ROM. Obviously I'm aware I can disable the option of using Instagram's in-built camera, but this is not the solution I'm hoping for :) I love Instagram filters but I don't like the fact I have to come out of the app and open up stock Android cam app, resize it, and go back again. Using Instagram's advanced am feature is so much better.

The rest of the image is fine and the option works perfectly APART from this one really ruining fluorescent pink line down the left side of every image.

I'm using stock ROM. Obviously I'm aware I can disable the option of using Instagram's in-built camera, but this is not the solution I'm hoping for :) I love Instagram filters but I don't like the fact I have to come out of the app and open up stock Android cam app, resize it, and go back again. Using Instagram's advanced am feature is so much better.

The rest of the image is fine and the option works perfectly APART from this one really ruining fluorescent pink line down the left side of every image.

Well, that's a bug with the app... sit tight, with Instagram's growing popularity, they're bound to roll out updates with fixes to the camera anytime soon!

Regardless, there's nothing you or I could do to fix an app issue. Instagram will have to fix that. :)

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
When you still experiencing this using Instagram camera try to switch to front camera take a shot, then revert to back camera. Pink line gone now. Works for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
I've been having similar issues, I stopped using their so called advanced camera and used the phone can, and worked for me

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2