[GUIDE] How to restore the Stock ROM on the Grand X Pro

On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate this guide?

• Total voters
Search This thread

TeamMaverick

Aug 22, 2013
Christchurch
How to restore the Stock ROM:
For Grand X Pro
OK, today I'll be showing you how to restore the Grand X Pro back to Stock, just as it was before you flashed the custom ROM...
You will need:
  • A PC Running Windows 7 (ONLY WIN 7 WORKS FOR NOW)
  • The Grand X Pro
  • A USB Android Cable
  • My FlashTool
  • ZTE VCOM Preloader Drivers MT6577

So , first get the full flashtool from here: ApeelMe's Blogspot - ZTE Grand X Pro FlashTool
Also install the Preloader drivers if you didn't do so...
Plug in the Grand X Pro and then turn it off...
It should (on the PC) install some drivers and fail , don't worry...
Open flashtool and select the NandUtil file and the Scatter file (nandutil.bin and mt6577_scatter.txt , their names are like that)
In the menu where you can select ANDROID , RECOVERY , BOOT , MBR, DSP , Preloader , etc DON'T Touch anything as it will wipe that partition and you may hard-brick your device..
Click "Download" in flashtool, wait till the green circle...
After the green circle appears , close flashtool and disconnect the phone.

Now turn it on, good ol' stock ROM...
Hope this works for you as it did work for me...
TeamMaverick

Last edited:
Reactions: heraSK

majmun123

Dec 6, 2013
it didn't work for me, it completes the download and evrything but it still just stands on zte sign an that is it, can you help?

jimbo34

Aug 7, 2009
trying to use but i get a nandutil.bin file is not a valid da format. Is it corrupted?

Anyhowse. i went ahead and flshed with all in one. im now with cyanogenmod and cwm which is the opposite of what i needed. How can I return to stock rom and stock recovery? basically i need to send it back to shop because of faulty screen.

Resolved. Followed guide with link here

http://apeelme.blogspot.no/2013/08/zte-blade-super-gyari-allapot.html?m=1

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamMaverick

majmun123

Dec 6, 2013
how did you manage to follow he steps in flash tool to find download agent and scaterr file, the all thees ebr1, and the rest....i have done everything FAILED, it didn't change nothing same thing like with the solution in this post

Last edited:

jimbo34

Aug 7, 2009
how did you manage to follow he steps in flash tool to find download agent and scaterr file, the all thees ebr1, and the rest....i have done everything FAILED, it didn't change nothing same thing like with the solution in this post

Didn't have any problems followed these steps:

1. run Flash_tool.exe from desktopfolder (maybe try run as admin if a problem)
2. select File-open scatter loading file
3. select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt from restore to stock folder.

the ebr1 etc should be automatically filled in with file pathway

4.click download button
5. plug in switched off telephone (if drivers installed properly should just run)
6. wait until green circle appears. hey presto! switch on telephone.

majmun123

Dec 6, 2013
nothing i hav done all that, an the problem is when it is all finished, i get errors such as can't mount data, it doesn find anything, i don't know what to do else, if you want i can post pictures when i enter recovery mode

mixxx5

Nov 20, 2012
repair grand x pro

Hi, this is no working for me. Just have CWm after finished.

I tried update tool software too, but can't recognize phone, red x stay at chacking and installing drivers.

Someone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to restore the Stock ROM:
    For Grand X Pro
    OK, today I'll be showing you how to restore the Grand X Pro back to Stock, just as it was before you flashed the custom ROM...
    You will need:
    • A PC Running Windows 7 (ONLY WIN 7 WORKS FOR NOW)
    • The Grand X Pro
    • A USB Android Cable
    • My FlashTool
    • ZTE VCOM Preloader Drivers MT6577

So , first get the full flashtool from here: ApeelMe's Blogspot - ZTE Grand X Pro FlashTool
    Also install the Preloader drivers if you didn't do so...
    Plug in the Grand X Pro and then turn it off...
    It should (on the PC) install some drivers and fail , don't worry...
    Open flashtool and select the NandUtil file and the Scatter file (nandutil.bin and mt6577_scatter.txt , their names are like that)
    In the menu where you can select ANDROID , RECOVERY , BOOT , MBR, DSP , Preloader , etc DON'T Touch anything as it will wipe that partition and you may hard-brick your device..
    Click "Download" in flashtool, wait till the green circle...
    After the green circle appears , close flashtool and disconnect the phone.

Now turn it on, good ol' stock ROM...
    Hope this works for you as it did work for me...
    TeamMaverick
    trying to use but i get a nandutil.bin file is not a valid da format. Is it corrupted?

Anyhowse. i went ahead and flshed with all in one. im now with cyanogenmod and cwm which is the opposite of what i needed. How can I return to stock rom and stock recovery? basically i need to send it back to shop because of faulty screen.

Resolved. Followed guide with link here

http://apeelme.blogspot.no/2013/08/zte-blade-super-gyari-allapot.html?m=1