Slow WiFi speed?

Search This thread

z3phyr02

Sep 23, 2011
Hi all.
Since the n4, I've had really slow speeds on WiFi. It would be fast at first and would slow back back down after a while. I always thought it was my router not compatible with the phone or something and just learned to live with it. I've been on cataclysm and Franco since n4

A few days ago I decided to install multirom and give stock ROM and kernel a try with xposed and gravity box. Since then I've noticed my WiFi speed has increased dramatically and stayed that way.

So now I'm wondering what's the problem? I don't wanna question Franco cos I've noticed he's repeatedly said he dont touch WiFi drivers or anything like that. So is it the ROM? Or the radio? Or something else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

X

x102x96x

Hi all.
Since the n4, I've had really slow speeds on WiFi. It would be fast at first and would slow back back down after a while. I always thought it was my router not compatible with the phone or something and just learned to live with it. I've been on cataclysm and Franco since n4

A few days ago I decided to install multirom and give stock ROM and kernel a try with xposed and gravity box. Since then I've noticed my WiFi speed has increased dramatically and stayed that way.

So now I'm wondering what's the problem? I don't wanna question Franco cos I've noticed he's repeatedly said he dont touch WiFi drivers or anything like that. So is it the ROM? Or the radio? Or something else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

that might be because of previous rom and kernel.
however compatibility with router and etc are important but almost of time it s bug in phone kernels.
:good: