[Q] Need Some help with HTC ONE SV (Cricket)

Search This thread

Cyeric

Jun 11, 2014
I have a HTC ONE SV, It is currently running Android 4.2.2. The 2 problems I have having one is annoying the other pisses me off. First, I have Google Hangouts on my phone I consistently get the problem of Hangouts not sending a message (Gets error message: blah blah message not sent) when I click to retry it does not send I have to delete the message and type a new one and pray that goes through, all this while having 3G signal. If there is any way to fix this or revert back to my phones messaging that would work. The other is phone related, My phone has some kind of setting or program that will turn off my WiFi when its on and my WiFi will be randomly on when there is not WiFi signal anywhere near were I am at. It gets annoying because I use my phone to stream Netflix to chromecast and within a span of 10 minutes I would have to wait 2-3 times for the WiFi to turn on again and reconnect to Netflix. I know the WiFi thing is due to something called active sync on all HTC phones but this one goes overboard and randomly turns my WiFi off and on. If someone could give me any help that would be nice.
I have gone through the settings and turned all the power saving things off for the WiFi and I cannot remember how to switch the default messaging for hangouts (can I just uninstall it?).

Carrier: Cricket
Android Version: 4.2.2
HTC Sense Version: 5.0
HTC SDK API Level: 5.41
Kernel 3.4.10 Build, 3.02.1050.11

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Go to settings - apps - Hangouts and delete all data. This will set Hangouts to "factory reset". If you open it, it will ask you again, if you want use it for sms. Choose "No" or "Later". Then you should be able to use phones sms app.
For Wifi, no idea atm.