[NEW ICS LEAK NOV 12] [ONLINE-TOOL] P990-Leaker: Realtime P990 ICS ROM finder

Search This thread

microcris

Nov 21, 2006
Aveiro
Is it possible to extract the base band?
It should be nice to have a ICS base band that is really for the P990.

Harsh

Inactive Recognized Developer

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
Flashed baseband, now recovering nandroid backup to see what happens :)

1035.21_20121108 :)

Last edited:

Imperticus

Jan 27, 2011
Did all that but smartflash not working for me on Parallels now :( dammit

Edit: working :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: Too many simultaneous checks by too many people break the leaker! When it is down, this is what happened. Just try again later then.​

This "leaker" works the same way my SU660 ICS leaker worked. IF there are ANY P990 ICS leaks publicly accessable on LG's servers, then the leaker will automatically determine the URL - I shall give you 95% guarantee.

No bruteforcing. Leaks for 23 different LG customers will be checked. Just check once a day, more frequently shouldn't be necessary I guess.

http://guendhoer.com:9000/p990leaker.php

Thanks to George Jetson for making it possible for P990 as well!

ICS Leak NOV 12:
    New ROM V28G_00:

Model [1]: LGP990
    ROM Version [1]: V28G_00
    Download [1]: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/RNDTESTSW/LGP990/NEU/DD9U13ULIS/V28g_00/V28G_00.kdz
    Size [1]: 728357703 bytes (= 694.616034508 MB)
    Upload Date [1]: 2012-11-12 11:35:41.0 (local time)
    Driver Download [1]: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdat...bileDriver_S4981MAN37AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.7.zip

ICS Leak NOV 09:

Checking: EUROPE OPEN...

Model [1]: LGP990
    ROM Version [1]: V28E_00
    Download [1]: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/RNDTESTSW/LGP990/NEU/S9FNH90DO0/V28E_00/V28E_00.kdz
    Size [1]: 727513583 bytes (= 693.811018944 MB)
    Upload Date [1]: 2012-11-09 20:45:47.0 (local time)
    Driver Download [1]: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdat...bileDriver_S4981MAN37AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.7.zip

Download FULL pre-built packages (NVFlash or CWM) with root + unlocked bootloader + CWM5 + init.d:

Can some one please tell how to extract the kdz to bin/fls (for Smartflash)
    Please suggest if you have tried the tool please

I tried this and worked great. Thanx to jes0411.
    [TOOL] LG-P970 ROM COVERTER Automatic converter from KDZ to BIN/FLS + ROOT by jes0411
    this tool will do all things automaticaly for you, just say no for cwm cause i didnt tested that.
    download link : http://d-h.st/cJ1
    put this and your kdz in one directory and run.

The converting-tool is confirmed to work for P990 ICS leaks!!!!!!!!!!! It will generate Smartflash-files out of the .kdz

WHO COULD add a full-detailed way how to flash the ROM ? I would appreciate it ! Don't give any links, which links to another and another..... Thanks !

If you know how to flash a .kdz just do this, if you don't know, you might prefer flashing the new leak with SmartFlash tool (like a BB):
    First convert the .kdz to smartflash files (see OP/first post) and then flash it like described here: (alternatively here is a VIDEO TUTORIAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHRwKGTZTk)

paulobrien - enhanced by me said:
    Please note that you use this at your own risk!

Installing this file WILL fully wipe your device, including the Internal SD. Back up!

SmartFlash for P990 is for use on Windows PCs.

To use P990 flash to flash this baseband:
    • Download the utility file below
    • Download the driver file below
    • Run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application as Administrator on your PC
    • Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume down - you should see a software update message on screen and the COM port should be filled automatically in the flash application below after installing the drivers if required.
    • Select the 'ROM Copy D/L' tab
    • Ensure 'Normal Mode' is selected
    • Ensure 'Erase CAL' is NOT selected
    • Click the browse button next to 'CP Bin:' and select the baseband (*CP.fls / *CP.bin) file
    • Click the browse button next to 'AP Bin:' and select the *AP.bin file
    • Click 'Start' and wait for the flash to complete
    • If you face an error in the middle of the installation, then re-plug the phone, start over but this time put the AP file in the CP bin box and the CP file in AP box.
      This has always helped me to avoid errors. And it just did again today ;)
    • If you still have problems flashing, try flashing first the CP file, then disconnect and reconnect phone and then flash AP file!
    The all important files...
    • SmartFlash P990 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: fe350443518c98f7e089fac48fa36be3
    • SmartFlash drivers - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 70ebd70389c0e3011d4d6b4434f8458a
    Enjoy! :)

5094_smartflashtool.png

What about rooting???
    bitdomo - changed by me said:
    I dont know is anyone rooted this ics leak but I managed to do it. It was a long process so took some time, but here is a rooted v28e (2012-11-09 20:45:47.0) system.img if you want save some time (or you just don't understand me :D).Just extract the file put your phone into nvflash mode and run flash.bat. It won't wipe your data.

Here are the steps how i managed to get root acces:

If you already have a rooted system.img + NVflash package of the most current ICS leak:
    1. Flash the ics rom (current leak)
    2. download modified system.img package (for the current leak, same version and release date!) and extract it
    3. Remove battery plug your phone to the computer while holding vol_down and vol_up buttoms.
    4. Install the APX driver if needed
    5. flash the rooted system image to your phone (= run flash.bat)
    6. Done
    7. CWM is not availabe since the bootloader is locked.

If you do NOT already have a rooted system.img + NVflash package of the most current ICS leak:
    • Download nvflash
    • Flash somehow an ics rom to your phone
    • Remove battery plug your phone to the computer while holding vol_down and vol_up buttoms.
    • Install the APX driver if needed
    • Run nvflash and save the system partition. It is the number 23
    • Open android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg and edit the set the size of APP partition to 536870912 and add this line filename=system.img. Save changes and close it.
    • Get a cwm recorvery image from somehere and replace recovery.img with it in the nvflash folder
    • Run flash.bat
    • After it finished boot your phone into cwm
    • Download superuser package and put it to your sdcard and install it.
    • Put the phone into nvflash mode and save the system partition, it is number 6 in this case.
    • Flash the same ics rom again.
    • Put the phone into nvflash mode and flash the rooted system image to your phone, it's partition number is 23.
    • The phone at this point is half rooted. Only adb rooted.
    • Boot up the phone and enable USB debuging
    • Download the updated superuser apps copy su and superuser.apk to your sdcard.
    • Open an adb shell and type su
    • Mount system writeable
    • Delete su from these folders /system/bin and /system/xbin
    • Copy the new su from your sdcard to /system/xbin using this command
      Code:
      busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin
    • Type these commands
      Code:
      chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
      chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
      ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su
    • Copy superuser.apk the same way to /system/app
    • Reboot

If I flash this can I go back using nvflash or there is no turning back due to locked bootloader?

Yes, you can ALWAYS go back using NVFlash.
    Use this ROM to go back to rooted Gingerbread v20S + CWM 5: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1715272
    Or use this to go back to rooted CM10 + CWM 6 [RECOMMENDED]: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975274

Hey guys, this is a OFFICIAL ROM? It's a beta or the complete leak? Thanks! :p

A v28 ROM maybe won't be final ICS.
    Some day LG will take the latest leak and release it as official ICS, maybe it will be a v30 leak then.

You guys think I can use it as a daily use ROM?
    Ive installed and its better than gb....battery life is also quite good
    yes, it's working really good! better than gingerbread and CM 10 (at least until now).:good::good:

I have not recognized any bug yet.:cowboy:

Further user experiences + hints/tipps (v28E):

Just discovered we can take screenshots by hitting the power button and volume down at the same time(hold for a second)

No problems here:

- no random wake up
    - audio in calls are working perfect (also with head set)
    -radio works great
    -Rom pretty fast and stable
    -battery for me is perfect ( IMHO better than official CM10)
    - wifi OK (no battery drain) and 3g works well (no data issues here!)
    - very cool unlock theme
    - no problems with games (Need for speed and dead zone are working well without lags)
    - camera works!!! (new cool feature: say "cheese" and camera take a picture without touch anything!)
    - google talk and video call works!

Now is official my daily use rom and the first real ICS experience until now!!!

P.S. excuse me for my poor english
    Well, it took a long time - a very, very, very long time, but all good things come to an end :D

Great job LG!

I don't have any bugs untill now, like rev_dvd already posted, just a few glitches. But hey, i can live with that.

BTW, i tried V28t a few hours ago and there was a bootsound, V20e has no bootsound for me.

Can somebody confirm this? Not that i'm missing that annoying sound - I'm just curious ;)

You can get battery percent by going to settings/power save and check the battery percent checkbox at the bottom of the page
    For the people with broken WLAN: In the beginning it was not working at all for me too. Google restored my saved networks and somehow this wasn't working with the ROM. I deleted the saved networks and WLAN is working now.
    Using bitdomo system image, just rooted v28e leak. Root working perfect.
    Also installed FaceLock from latest ICS gapps, and it works quite well.

V28E only English/Korean or all other languages in ROM?
    It is European multilanguage version!!

I am not able to flash it with Smart Flash.

You can always flash the .kdz traditionally with kdz tool!!
    Smartflash is only recommended because it's a bit easier.
    I just created a working CWM for the new unlocked bootloader. Wkpark gave me some advice and a foundation and in the end I succeeded. :cool:

There will be a complete NVFlash ROM soon with original v28E + root + init.d + deodexed + CWM 5 + face unlock + new unlocked bootloader + v28E kernel

When this is done there is no more reason to use the old Gingerbread bootloader (besides booting directly to CWM with Vol&Power) and different partitioning, which both gives problems. People should start switching to the new layout, because as soon as this ROM is released, CWM-flashable ROMs for the and along with new bootloader can be used.
    Time to abandon Gingerbread :cool:

I've everything ready, only one single app (the keyboard) makes some problems when deodexed, I have to fix this. Will report back as soon as the keyboard works!
    gone for good

content removed - no longer of importance!
    Nice :)
    But I don't agree to the "no reason to stick to the old bootloader" and "abandon Gingerbread" part.
    I will keep whatever partition layout Ricardo and CM10 is using.

As this bootloader is cracked I guess cm10 won't use it.
    What exactly are the problems with the old one you're referring to?
    If system is too small we can increase it, apart from that everything is working.

Don't get me wrong, for now this will be a great ROM.
    But in my opinion we should follow the best developer the 2x has, which is Ricardo Cerqueira.
    I'm a little worried that your "abandon Gingerbread" claim will part our custom ROM community into two separate groups.
    CM10 and probably all JB CM10 ROMs will follow his lead and if he sticks to the old bootloader you can't switch between custom ROMs the way we currently can.
    Ricardo will solve the CM10 problems, and then people will have to constantly use nvflash to switch ROMs - and can't use nandroid backups easily.

So my suggestion would be: let's follow Ricardo.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Point is that O2X community has always been splitted in two groups, the Stock group and the Cyanogenmod group.
    I don't see any reason why for stock ICS we shouldn't use the bootloader and partition layout LG made exactly for this stock ICS. Why developing workarounds, just to have the same layout and bootloader as CM10 does? Who cares? People can try both and decide for one thing, either stock ICS or CM10, so no matter they have different layouts and bootloaders. Only the switching back and forth ICS <-> CM10 then is only possible with full wipe. But I don't think normal users want to switch back and forth all day long.

Concerning problems with old boot loader there would be the slow charging, right? Then you have 2 different variants of system partition size, where the default one can't even keep all apps that come with ICS. Then there are the strange installation procedures I've seen in your thread: per example you need to unplug USB before first boot otherwise it will crash and stuff like that? Well these are all problems caused by those workarounds.

Stock ICS is just meant to run on the new stock bootloader and the new layout. It's good for stock users to switch to the new layout as soon as possible instead of using patchwork layout and loader and kernel.

The ROM I'm currently uploading doesn't need a patched kernel, it runs with unmodified stock v28E kernel. It runs with stock v28E bootloader and the stock v28E partitioning layout. Still it provides init.d, root, CWM, Face Lock, advertisement blocking and so on. I'm sure there are many people who just want a clean stock ICS ROM.

Other DEVs soon hopefully will build their own CWM Zips with v28E based custom ROMs, for Flash under the new bootloader and layout.
    I will make a custom kernel that will only run on the official LG ICS layout, because I don't see the point in optimizing it for the older bootloader when I can as well have the new one.

So concluding from this: let the CM10 people use the layout and bootloader CM10 is optimized for and the stock people use the layout and bootloader Stock ICS is optimized for. :good:
    this is a simple extract script for V28G.kdz

you can extract the AP.bin by using the LGExtract.exe
    and the script read AP.bin to extract bct.bin / bootloader.bin / boot.img / recovery.img /system.img

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

# boot
    skip=$(printf "%d" $((0x600000 / 1024)))
    echo $skip

dd if=$1 of=boot.img skip=$skip bs=1024 count=10240

# recovery
    skip=$(printf "%d" $((0xe00000 / 1024)))
    echo $skip

dd if=$1 of=recovery.img skip=$skip bs=1024 count=10240

# bootloader
    skip=$(printf "%d" $((0x480000 / 1024)))
    echo $skip

dd if=$1 of=bl-0.bin skip=$skip bs=1024 count=1024

# bct
    skip=$(printf "%d" $((0x100000 / 1024)))
    echo $skip

dd if=$1 of=bct.img skip=$skip bs=1024 count=4

# system.img

skip=$(printf "%d" $((0x1cb00000 / 1024)))
    echo $skip

dd if=$1 of=system.img skip=$skip bs=1024
    Code:
    $ sh extract.sh P990_AP.bin

P.S.: the bootloader of v28g is not changed :)