[UPDATED][WIDGETS]WebSnap- Stick a website on your home screen in a SCROLLABLE widget

Search This thread

canhnv

Feb 6, 2012
Suwon
WebSnap essentially lets you take a snapshot of any web page or part of a page and display it on your Android home screen with a refresh interval of your choice. This can come really handy for any news or sports story you are following, an online cam feed enjoy glancing at every now and then, or just about any piece of info from the interwebz that you want to keep an eye on. (Haroon Q. Raja)

After receiving several suggestions, the precious upgrade of WebSnap has just been introduced. From version 1.5, your desired functions are now available.

What is recent changes?

- Add scrollable widgets for your long web page. You can fling or scroll the widget to view the hidden part of the webpage (require launcher supporting scrollable widget or Android 3.x/4.x)

- Add option to show a notification on widget changes.

- Improve the widget snapshot quality. Much sharper and clearer widget snapshot than previous version

- Full-fill the snapshot to available widget space

- Add an option to set Screen column to fix snapshot stretch and shrink problems (especially with tablets)

- Support more update intervals: 12 hours, 24 hours

Main functions:
  1. Widget functions:

- Select a web region and clip it to put on the HomeScreen as a web widget. The clipped snapshot is auto updated so the information is kept updating for you without opening Browser.

- Support multi-options for adjusting the widget (interval, alignment, scale type, wifi only,....) as what you want

- Easy switching PC View/Mobile Layout

- Support scrollable widget
  2. App functions:

- Capture whole webpage as a high quality picture

- Capture a selected region on a webpage, eliminate unnecessary regions.

- Support capture webpage with zoom for very high resolution snapshot.

- Manage your snapshots.

Screenshots:

2_copy.png
3_copy.png

1_copy.png
4_copy.png

5_copy.png

Tutorial video:

Download Now

Last edited:

kurtfhouse

Nov 22, 2006
Bristol
If you are searching for a Web Widget which not only show you a portion of website but also update its snapshot frequently, a new released application called WebSnap is beyond what you need.

Main functions:
  1. Widget functions:

- Select a web region and clip it to put on the HomeScreen as a web widget. The clipped snapshot is auto updated so the information is kept updating for you without opening Browser.

- Support multi-options for adjusting the widget (interval, alignment, scale type, wifi only,....) as what you want

2. App functions:

- Manage your snapshots.

Screenshots:

2_copy.png
3_copy.png

1_copy.png
4_copy.png

5_copy.png

Tutorial video:

Download Now

Thanks for this, its a great idea.

A bit of feedback though:

Why cant I use one of the snapshots I've captured in the homescreen widget? Or have I missed something?

Would it be possible to implement an easier way to expand a selection? I would like for instance to be able to select the first 10 topics in the Sensation Development Forum on XDA but the program only seems to allow me to capture one topic and if I expand further it captures the whole page which is then unreadable in the widget due to the tiny text.

I do appreciate its in beta still so you may already be looking at it.

If this becomes a paid for app I'll definitely pick it up.

All the best

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I'm trying to set a Gmail snap, but it says "Cookies are disabled in your browser".

Does this have a fix?

EDIT: And Facebook won't load neither...

Thanks, looks great :)

ricosuavez35

Oct 19, 2011
Montreal
looks very nice

this looks awesome hope its easier to manage than the other one i tried(cant remember the name)
anyway i will test it and give you some feedback ...
asta la vista

Reactions: canhnv

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
This app should be great for those of us who obsessively refresh the webpage when tracking packages to see how quickly they will arrive ;)

Reactions: canhnv

canhnv

Feb 6, 2012
Suwon
Thanks for this, its a great idea.

A bit of feedback though:

Why cant I use one of the snapshots I've captured in the homescreen widget? Or have I missed something?

Would it be possible to implement an easier way to expand a selection? I would like for instance to be able to select the first 10 topics in the Sensation Development Forum on XDA but the program only seems to allow me to capture one topic and if I expand further it captures the whole page which is then unreadable in the widget due to the tiny text.

I do appreciate its in beta still so you may already be looking at it.

If this becomes a paid for app I'll definitely pick it up.

All the best

Thanks for your feedback. We will develop a better method to select whatever in the webpage as you suggested

canhnv

Feb 6, 2012
Suwon
I'm trying to set a Gmail snap, but it says "Cookies are disabled in your browser".

Does this have a fix?

We will test with this page and fix it soon :)

Excellent concept.

When I try snapping http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/ or http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/prayer I get Web page not available. I tried it with PC mode on and off and java script enabled.

Thanks for your feedback. We are checking these URL and fix the bugs.

canhnv

Feb 6, 2012
Suwon
Currently, websnap widget doesn't support log-in or retrieve cookie for log-in. However, this function is implementing soon :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WebSnap essentially lets you take a snapshot of any web page or part of a page and display it on your Android home screen with a refresh interval of your choice. This can come really handy for any news or sports story you are following, an online cam feed enjoy glancing at every now and then, or just about any piece of info from the interwebz that you want to keep an eye on. (Haroon Q. Raja)

After receiving several suggestions, the precious upgrade of WebSnap has just been introduced. From version 1.5, your desired functions are now available.

What is recent changes?

- Add scrollable widgets for your long web page. You can fling or scroll the widget to view the hidden part of the webpage (require launcher supporting scrollable widget or Android 3.x/4.x)

- Add option to show a notification on widget changes.

- Improve the widget snapshot quality. Much sharper and clearer widget snapshot than previous version

- Full-fill the snapshot to available widget space

- Add an option to set Screen column to fix snapshot stretch and shrink problems (especially with tablets)

- Support more update intervals: 12 hours, 24 hours

Main functions:
    1. Widget functions:

- Support scrollable widget
    2. App functions:

- Manage your snapshots.

Screenshots:

2_copy.png
    3_copy.png

1_copy.png
    4_copy.png

5_copy.png

Tutorial video:

Download Now
    Thanks for your suggestions.

- as somebody told before more accurate partial page selection mode would be desirable. At least avoid links working when taping the screen area. Something like drag an area or so would be nice.

We are going to check if this scenario is possible or not :)

- there is "forward" button when navigating thru web but I dont see "back" button.
    You can use "Back" menu to navigate back

- as most of webpages have withe background would be great have the possibility to invert colors of the widget to make them match well with dark wallpapers.
    Very nice idea and we also think that should be an option for user to change the background :)
    Great app, very useful for me!

I would like to suggest some ideas:

- as somebody told before more accurate partial page selection mode would be desirable. At least avoid links working when taping the screen area. Something like drag an area or so would be nice.

- there is "forward" button when navigating thru web but I dont see "back" button.

- as most of webpages have withe background would be great have the possibility to invert colors of the widget to make them match well with dark wallpapers.

Keep so good work!

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app
    Great app, very useful for me!

I would like to suggest some ideas:

Keep so good work!

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

+1 on inverted colour option. Would love to see it in the next update. Currently the wdiget looks really out of place on my desktop where everything is white on black background.

Does this have a fix?

We will test with this page and fix it soon :)

Excellent concept.

When I try snapping http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/ or http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/prayer I get Web page not available. I tried it with PC mode on and off and java script enabled.

Thanks for your feedback. We are checking these URL and fix the bugs.