Mini review: Nillkin case

Search This thread
Bought on eBay for $6.00 from someone in Brooklyn. Very simplistic. Adds a nice grip feel. Doesn't provide any impact protection from drops over two feet. I'm pretty sure about that statement. When otter box releases a commuter or defender I'll be switching. Overall for general wear and tear protection, the best $6 spent for this phone.
enahuzuj.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:
Reactions: 666fff
Suffered a nice fall today. Was walking looking at an email. Shoulder checked a massive column in a mall. Silver Bezel on bottom took a nice ding. Rest of phone is fine, no cracks to front or back. Ordered a diztronic case. If it wasn't for the exposed top and bottom of the case it would have been fine. It did however protect the two most important parts of the phone. So it gets an A- in its short time of use. Lesson learned, pay attention when walking.

Sent from my Nexus 4

fairlight2x

Mar 3, 2011
I'm still waiting for Nillkin to release a TPU case! Surely these hard cases do nothing to dampen the impact?

I'm still waiting for Nillkin to release a TPU case! Surely these hard cases do nothing to dampen the impact?

Yes, especially when it hits marble. Its not bad but disheartening considering its less than 48 hours old. Fortunately, rooted 4.2.2 with the new boot loader and radio put a huge smile on my face and the diztronic will cover it up anyway. I'm fortunate that nothing broke, and its still just a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: gie62001

jholmes5

Mar 9, 2011
Suffered a nice fall today. Was walking looking at an email. Shoulder checked a massive column in a mall. Silver Bezel on bottom took a nice ding. Rest of phone is fine, no cracks to front or back. Ordered a diztronic case. If it wasn't for the exposed top and bottom of the case it would have been fine. It did however protect the two most important parts of the phone. So it gets an A- in its short time of use. Lesson learned, pay attention when walking.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Do you find the case slick/slippery to the touch/hold? I have one, but felt the plastic was too slick even with the pebbled surface and decided to switch to a ballistic. I do like it and if the phone wasn't covered in glass, I might have stuck with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought on eBay for $6.00 from someone in Brooklyn. Very simplistic. Adds a nice grip feel. Doesn't provide any impact protection from drops over two feet. I'm pretty sure about that statement. When otter box releases a commuter or defender I'll be switching. Overall for general wear and tear protection, the best $6 spent for this phone.
    enahuzuj.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yes, especially when it hits marble. Its not bad but disheartening considering its less than 48 hours old. Fortunately, rooted 4.2.2 with the new boot loader and radio put a huge smile on my face and the diztronic will cover it up anyway. I'm fortunate that nothing broke, and its still just a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4