[Q] Zte Open - from US to UK ?

Search This thread

ss814

Jan 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

I've recently been trying to update firefox OS on my ZTE Open (quite a pain in the a** actually) and then realized that I bought a US ZTE Open.
I'm currently in Canada, so it didn't bother me at first, I just needed it as an alarm clock, agenda, well, as a smartphone, the sms/calling removed.
But I'm a french student, and I will have to get back home in a few month, so my question is that simple :

Is there a way for me to make my phone available to my career (Free), or will I have to buy another phone ?
In the second case, which firefox OS phone do you recommand me ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

EDIT : For example, may I install CWM to install the UK version of Firefox OS, or is the career limitation a hardware one ?

Last edited:

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

I've recently been trying to update firefox OS on my ZTE Open (quite a pain in the a** actually) and then realized that I bought a US ZTE Open.
I'm currently in Canada, so it didn't bother me at first, I just needed it as an alarm clock, agenda, well, as a smartphone, the sms/calling removed.
But I'm a french student, and I will have to get back home in a few month, so my question is that simple :

Is there a way for me to make my phone available to my career (Free), or will I have to buy another phone ?
In the second case, which firefox OS phone do you recommand me ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

EDIT : For example, may I install CWM to install the UK version of Firefox OS, or is the career limitation a hardware one ?

2G will work normally, but you can't use this phone with 3G in France (Europe).

And yes, you can change to UK software via CWM recovery, but still 3G frequencies won't work in Europe because of the hardware.