[COMING SOON][TOOL]DumbestCrayon's ROM Builder

Search This thread

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
I'm willing to help you create this project. It's a great idea.
If you let me know what components or functions you need, I'll start working on it.
I can't guarantee how much time i'll be able to put into it because of other projects I'm working on, but anything I can do to help speed it along I'll do.
The above comment is true. using MONO this could be created in C# and still be able to run on any popular operating system. In fact there is also an android port of the MONO runtime which is free and on the android app store already. This could open up even more possibilities.

Last edited:

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
I'm willing to help you create this project. It's a great idea.
If you let me know what components or functions you need, I'll start working on it.
I can't guarantee how much time i'll be able to put into it because of other projects I'm working on, but anything I can do to help speed it along I'll do.
The above comment is true. using MONO this could be created in C# and still be able to run on any popular operating system. In fact there is also an android port of the MONO runtime which is free and on the android app store already. This could open up even more possibilities.

Okay cool, tell you what talk to me on gtalk. Same screen name. I'll go over some details on there.

j2eubank

Jan 4, 2010
Houston
I am a .NET developer by profession.. I can help via consultation just due to time constraints in my already busy dev schedule + trying to break into Android dev. Hit me on gtalk and I will help if I can.

What IDE you using?

Jun 15, 2007
If you still need the help, I have a good amount of C# experience. I've worked on several projects(ranging from a serial port interface program, to a project that interacted with Google Earth to plot the most efficient path, to a full fledged(though still incomplete as of this writing) game as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ovEbpOAn4). Give me the details and I'll help as much as I can.

m3t4tr0n

Nov 23, 2007
Teesside
Thanks for you efforts. I Don agree with modaco charging for something that has been free to access. What if xda forum started charging to access this site? It would kill the spirit of what most Tom chefs do here. Smh.

And its still free to access. The modaco system requires more servers and bandwidth which cost money to host. Nobody has taken free roms away, and everyone is free to do as they choose, use it or not.

Incidentally, XDA has bills to pay too, and would always be grateful for your donations.

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
Guys, can we keep away from debating Modacos kitchen and how it should or shouldn't be free. Debate his kitchen in his thread. This thread is for my application only. I greatly appreciate you guys who are on my side but lets just stick to building the app and worry about that alone.

-Thanks

On another note. Androidspin contacted me and seemed pretty interested in this app. It looks like I'm getting my own section with hosting which was a big hole in my production. =) Big thanks to them for filling the gap.

Also now that I will be working with Androidspin and two other devs [unless they leave me hangin ;) ] we're probably going to be adding in the option to select either Enomthers ROM OR Cyanogens =D. Of course with Enomthers approval.

Last edited:

legolas.w

Aug 19, 2008
Hi,

Can you please include the feature which makes it possible for your software to root the phone and also install the custom recovery rom RA...?

I think that will help many many newbies to have a better ROM without dieing during the rooting procedure.

Thanks.

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
Hi,

Can you please include the feature which makes it possible for your software to root the phone and also install the custom recovery rom RA...?

I think that will help many many newbies to have a better ROM without dieing during the rooting procedure.

Thanks.

I don't think I'm going to do that. To be honest it's not a good idea. Rooting shouldn't even be done unless the person rooting understands how to do it or even what it means. Besides the Rooting process for the Nexus One is insanely simple. Did any of you have to Root with the G1 when it first released? It took a lot to Root a G1 back then.

So to simply answer your question. No I do not see myself doing something like that. It sounds a lot simpler than it really is, believe me.

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
UPDATE: Got a lot done today. Looking at possibly getting some Beta testers this weekend. Depends on how busy I get with other things. =)

again, please don't email me or message me to request to be a beta tester. Just post here and I'll start from the top and go down.

Last edited:

mianosm

May 24, 2009
UPDATE: Got a lot done today. Looking at possibly getting some Beta testers this weekend. Depends on how busy I get with other things. =)

again, please don't email me or message me to request to be a beta tester. Just post here and I'll start from the top and go down.

Posting here, would be interested in testing it out.

My systems:
Windows 7 x86
Windows 7 x64
Ubuntu 8.04 x86

OrganizedFellow

May 9, 2009
EL Paso, TX
organizedfellow.com
I WOULD LIKE TO BE A BETA TESTER!

Here's an idea: would it be easier for you to collect the email addresses of those interested, and communicate via Gmail, Gtalk or Wave?
-OR- are all your communications going to be done via the forums here?!

deprecate

Jan 3, 2009
honolulu
Two things...

First, I completely agree with your stance on rooting. Because of that, (second) I would love to help test our your idea if you still need another guinea pig :)