Enabling the GSM radio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know, but I mean if a firmware hack which could enable GSM roaming when the Sprint SIM is out would b possible, also to see if the Sprint SIM is welded to the thing or not

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Not "welded" soldered.. lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    why does this thread still exist?

hey guise does anyone know if it's possible to hack my phone and put a 16 core processor in it and 32 gigs of ddr17 ram in it? I'm sure some of the devs can make it happen. Also can you make it work on Korean LTE? Thanks
    I did a SIM card check on Surfing Dino's SIM info app, and this phone does have a SIM card. We know that the other Galaxy S3s have GSM capabilities, and Verizon is releasing an OTA soon to allow global roaming. While Sprint's SIM is embedded, it wouldn't be too hard to access it with a knife and cut the plastic, or order a backpiece of ebay. Can someone work on, or is someone working on finding a way to hack this, or verify if the Sprint version could be hacked to support a GSM update? I heard someone hacked the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to do this.

I'd love to take my GS3 around the world and sell my Photon.

Excuse my English, it is not my native tongue.

I'm sorry to inform you that there is physical sim card either soldered or hidden. I took my SG3 apart removed the heat-sink below the plastic cover underneath the sd card tray and there is nothing that resembles a sim card. So I had a different idea, I have a t-mobile SG3, both phones are nearly identical down to the sdcard-sim card board (Sprint only has the SD card board) I removed the connectors boards, installed t-mo board in the Sprint SG3 to my surprise the plug was identical. However, as soon as I tried to power on the Sprint model it would not turn on, no matter how long i would hold the power on button or if I removed the sim card from the tray. :eek:
    Maybe also because those young people tend to use smartphones more, which is what we're talking. Also, Facebook now has a median age of higher than the 18-30 age group. When T-Mobile gets the iPhone and opens up the radio band for 3/4G, Sprint is gonna start to sink like a rock in water also in part due to its massive debt which eventually will halt LTE in its tracks.

All major corporations operate at "massive debt"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    Just throwing this out there, I also work on sprint devices for a living. Something I have been tinkering around with my s3 is on the actual board of the device where the memory card reader plugs into the device the actual on board plug is of course no different then that of any of the us variants that have a sim card reader coupled with the memory card reader. I flashed my s3 to cm10 because in the network settings you can choose to use default NIV settings or sim settings. K owing this and the fact that it does have a gem radio in the device I took a sim card/memory card reader replacing the stock unit and was able to get my phone to attempt to activate using a deactivated at&t sim card I had to cut to fit. I'm also throw I g this out there that I'm not entirely certain if this actually will work I'm also going on to say further that if anyone wants to try it and throw in some input that would be much appreciated also lastly if anyone e does try this and FUBAR there device I am not in no shape or form responcible. Ive always wanted to have a reason to say that.:laugh:

no one has shown a lick of proof that it actually has a gsm radio. the fcc filings do not indicate anywhere there is a gsm radio inside. once again claims with no proof