Cant install CM11

Search This thread

ibex333

Aug 7, 2011
I was on CM10 and noticed that OTA CM updates no longer work. So as usual, I installed the latest TWRP, downloaded the latest CM11 nightly and proceeded to install. Every time I get an error.. something about bootloader. There is no need for me to update my bootloader because I already have the correct one. I checked.

I thought maybe the problem is TWRP and tried Clockwork. Same error. assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader")... and then it lists differnt I747 models... then gives (Status 7) on the bottom

Why cant I update to CM11?

Thanks.

If it helps my bootloader is I747UCDLK3.

Last edited:

thecapitalr

Sep 16, 2012
I was about to ask this same question. I am unable to flash any 4.4 rom... Am currently using task AOKP 10/31 and wanted to try kit kat.

Every 4.4 rom has failed to flash. I tried flashing the new modem in the cm thread as well... What am I missing?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Try installing with CWM and check the CM11 updater script to make sure your bootloader is supported.

sewermike

Oct 18, 2013
You need to make sure that your exact bootloader is listed in the asserts or it will error out... If your bootloader is not listed, then you need to upgrade to a bootloader that is in the list.. one compatable with your model... recommend only upgrading as far as you need to... careful with some of the latest bootloaders as they will brick your phone if you later try to downgrade...

Last edited:

thecapitalr

Sep 16, 2012
I figured it out. I updated to the latest cwm version and everything worked fine. Running liquid smooth now.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app