Turn off Screen Wake on SMS?

Search This thread

DJKwest

Jun 10, 2010
Is there anyway to turn off the screen wake on SMS? Can't find the option. Also tried downloading Hoverchat (NinjaSMS) that didn't work as well.

dwanhala

Sep 9, 2010
Is there anyway to turn off the screen wake on SMS? Can't find the option. Also tried downloading Hoverchat (NinjaSMS) that didn't work as well.

Have you tried going into Messaging -> Settings -> Notifications and disabling the Pop-up Display or the message previews for the lock screen to see if that turns off screen wake?

harlenm

Feb 8, 2007
What about trying a new messaging app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

This is Textra
hebesety.jpg

mattio781

Feb 3, 2009
Tacoma
Instead of me starting a new thread, I have a question, how in the hell do you open a mms picture where you can adjust the size, I get a small little window but the button to adjust the size has seemed disappear on me

Sent from my unrooted SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

DJKwest

Jun 10, 2010
What about trying a new messaging app?

I've tried Chomp, Ninja & Go SMS. Still does the same thing when I turn the option off. I don't know what's going on. Might try a factory reset. :crying:

Instead of me starting a new thread, I have a question, how in the hell do you open a mms picture where you can adjust the size, I get a small little window but the button to adjust the size has seemed disappear on me

Sent from my unrooted SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

Sorry. Don't have an answer for your question.

harlenm

Feb 8, 2007
I've tried Chomp, Ninja & Go SMS. Still does the same thing when I turn the option off. I don't know what's going on. Might try a factory reset. :crying:

Just tested it and Textra will not turn on the screen if it's set not to.

surf1

Apr 12, 2009
south fl
I noticed that too on stock messenger, I have pop off in notifications. Note sure why it should wake or why you can't even turn it off with the notification led.

John822

Dec 3, 2011
Westlake
I use hangouts as my default messaging app now and it does not turn on the screen. I would like to use messaging, but why leave that feature out as well as the home button waking the screen in my pocket, it drives me nuts.

kalans

May 28, 2014
Use 8sms, you won't regret it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
I use Ringo Pro from the app store. This allows me to let this app control all ringers and text sounds and then you can go into the actual programs and TURN OFF all notifications... this plus a SECOND lock screen has finally slowed down the pocket calls to 911 and an array of miss hit buttons...

This is my only complaint with this phone. Pocket dialing and button pushing is killing me..lol this has helped some

FtaWolf

Jun 27, 2010
Cana
Fellows "Blocking Mode" takes care of this. Just set it up its free & comes on phone.

Unlock Bootloader on SM-870A At&t..

Top Liked Posts