XDA Sapphire Hacking Wiki now available

Search This thread

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Deicist: Congratulations! I hereby nominate you to write up a table with them all then ;) Here you go:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Sapphire_ROM_Comparison_Chart

Seriously guys.. it's a wiki.. cmon.. everyone put in stuff they know about or can figure out - if you think someone else might find it handy then give a bit to the community and help out.

ANYONE with an xda-dev account can correct/edit the above page - or create new ones, etc.

guaiwujia: sorry.. it was a typo on my part - thanks for pointing it out and I've corrected it as you pointed out. Sorry if it got your hopes up :(

Deicist

May 26, 2009
hmm, I tried to log into the wiki and it won't let me.

I get the 'thanks for logging in, redirecting' then it takes me back to the login page.

using chrome on windows 7. Forum sign in works fine.

Hang on, let me try firefox....

Gazzz

Mar 25, 2006
Melbourne
ok, so I followed method 2 of the rooting wiki, but now my phone is hanging at the 'htc magic' boot stage.... what did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? Was on the myhero008 rom. No immediate access to an sd>microsd adapter either... is push possible? argh.

Gazzz

Mar 25, 2006
Melbourne
method 3 refers to the hanging problem i'm having, i've read the linked page but see no reference to any fix... fastboot devices shows my device, but adb devices does not.... any ideas?

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Hi Gazz,

As you have fastboot, use fastboot to boot to a recovery rom (Amon_RA's 1.2 is a good one) then from there you can use adb to push files to your sdcard.

Radix

hihik

Jun 30, 2009
does installing sdk, adb and drivers apply to mytouchs? since they are not rootable just yet ..

ChrisB

Jan 24, 2004
Odense
chrisb.dk
Things I like to see in the Wiki..
- Directory structures <- Why and what?
- Files guide <- What files for what.
- What can be changed
- Where is these and that..

Just what I like to see. (After playing around with the files)

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Things I like to see in the Wiki..
- Directory structures <- Why and what?
- Files guide <- What files for what.
- What can be changed
- Where is these and that..

Just what I like to see. (After playing around with the files)

I'd love to see those things in the wiki too, but don't really know enough about it all myself, tho I read a couple of articles yesterday about the partitions and directories that I thought interesting:

Anyone want to take what's mentioned in here and write up a section in the wiki?

Othila

Apr 24, 2006
Google Pixel 3a
Hi folks! I have a Sappire italian (TIM) with Jacherosky ROM and i would like to restore a backup. My problem is that device is non recognized as ADB devices when installing drivers so fastboot is impossible: how can i do?? Thank U! Marco

X-i-phoner

Aug 25, 2009
Boise, ID
I read a couple of articles yesterday about the partitions
First of all THANK YOU for the wiki. Could you please point me in the direction of these articles? I would like to use dusty51's quick meathod but it requires a keyboard. I'm installing ABD per your instruction right now but im not quite comfortable using it yet.
Also this may be a really dumb question but I have to ask it. When you jail break and unlock an I-phone you gain access to Cydia and Icy. Is there another market for rooted androids and if so where can I get it?

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Err.. the articles I listed weren't clickable for you? they had links going to their respective sources.

If you're after instructions on partitioning for apps2sd and the like - you may find this useful.

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-to-manually-partition-your-sd-card-for-android-apps2sd/

(I should add that personally I find Apps2SD pointless myself for MyTouch handsets - we've got far more app memory than the dream handsets do out of the box and there's no real need for Apps2SD for us - furthermore, the disadvantages of Apps2SD is that you CANNOT remove your SD card at all when the system is running - doing so will cause lockups and system hangs because all your apps are running off it).

As for rooted apps - there's no need for cydia, et al - the Android Market isn't ruled with an iron fist like Apple's iTunes is - so they're all there.
Just do a search for 'root' and you'll probably find half of them ;)

Last edited:

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
Out-F***king-standing!!! That Wiki and another thread (to deal with my "Perfect SPL") got me through all this quite nicely.